Gary Holt

boydiesback

16 minutes ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Fowler appointed Dyer, a man who didn't want it or deserve it from his 3 losses in charge. What has Fowler done to deserve such a senior position? Jack Ross binned him. He got it for Killie connections. 

Holt has a third of our budget and is on fire, f**k all to do with Killie connections. 

Exactly this 

27 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Exactly this 

Fowlers position would not allow him to make that appointment without the board stating AD was the man they wanted at that time. I doubt there is anyone on this forum who knows what is going on at the club hence the speculation, made up stories and down right lies. I think a statement of intent from BB would ease all the sh*t we read here.

On the face of it, Holt has done an excellent job and would be an ideal candidate for us. 

My only concerns though, as I mentioned on a previous thread early in the month, are the Martindale rumours which aren't really answered anywhere. I'd like to hear its all garbage and that Holt is 100% the main man at Livingston, and the man responsible for their transfer business and performances, until then I'll still have reservations. 

His Killie connections don't either help nor hinder my feelings towards his potential appointment. 

52 minutes ago, DuncD said:

“Fans just love anyone with a connection to club” What nonsense. “Our saviour Holt”. I think most clubs would be interested considering how well he is doing with picking up players on free deals and no budget? 

You’ll be one of these happy clappers that probably sees no problem with our recruitment after 7 games in a row with no wins. 

We’ll see where Livi finish the season and what level Gary Holt goes on to work at. He and Martindale certainly have Livi punching above their weight just now, but it’s Scottish football and can’t see it exciting many people at higher levels. He doesn’t have the buzz about him that Jack Ross had for example at Alloa and StMirren.

Certainly not a happy clapper, but our recruitment has been s**te since the Lee McCulloch summer. It was only covered up by SC, both in terms of the level of performance and results he was able to achieve and the gems he was able to get in the transfer market. It was short term though and those in power were ridiculously complacent in dealing with the aftermath of his reign. I still don’t see how Fowler can be blamed for the recruitment side of the current run of results.

1 hour ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Fowler appointed Dyer, a man who didn't want it or deserve it from his 3 losses in charge. What has Fowler done to deserve such a senior position? Jack Ross binned him. He got it for Killie connections. 

Holt has a third of our budget and is on fire, f**k all to do with Killie connections. 

I’d suspect BB appointed Dyer. But as usual you make up stories without facts! You probably thought Sean Longstaff would never be a player!

6 hours ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

I'd love Gary Holt to come to us, I honestly think he could be our next proper long-term manager,  and I mean like 10  years.

But would he come right now, in our current set up and situation?

Dyer goes or we are really up s**t creek. Fans will resent the players and the board even more if nothing is said or changes. Dyer didn’t want it and shouldn’t have been offered it. I am so so disappointed we are back at this stage after looking to have really turned a corner. The going down to mediocrity without a fight that seems to be going on should not be accepted by anyone at the club. Fans will not and shouldn’t let this go on much longer. Biggest week in a long time coming up. Manager has to go and they need someone in to kick a few arses. Fans deserve better and I cannot see this current situation turning into a positive one. 

7 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Lafferty is pish!

I certainly didn’t want him anywhere near our club.

So you wouldn’t take him now? 

We should have a no international players sign up during transfer window then. Although to get a half decent signing is wishful thinking. 

31 minutes ago, DuncD said:

So you wouldn’t take him now? 

We should have a no international players sign up during transfer window then. Although to get a half decent signing is wishful thinking. 

No I wouldn't. His time at Rangers and then his last club show he is finished, he doesn't even have a good rep in the changing room to think he would be good about the place.