This board's era

Squirrelhumper

If the board got their act together now, we could avoid relegation comfortably. 

A decent managerial appointment and a couple of signings and we would get the five or six wins required. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Bowie is currently trying to persuade Dyer to stay on though, as he did with Jig when Rome was burning. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I  have no idea how appointing a failed Queen of the South manager and failed Sunderland  assistant boss when  you've more money than the full league, would lead to him being a failure at us. f**k it, let him sack the manager. 

Totally agree. As much as I liked Fowler as a player what exactly qualifies him to take on a director of football type role at this level and would he ever have been considered if he wasn’t an ex player? An easy cheap option for the board and jobs for the boys, same thing with leaving Dyer in post when it looks like he’s totally out his depth. Successful DOF’s tend to be guys with business and football admin backgrounds who have worked in various roles at clubs learning the ropes, building up vast contacts, access to scouting networks etc and gaining knowledge of all the inner workings of football clubs from the ground up. Not just someone who went through a youth setup, became a player and a then had a few short lived stints as a manager/assistant. Even a successful club manager at the highest level doesn’t guarantee a successful DOF as ceptic found out with Kenny Dalglish. The board need to take decisive action now and save our season before it’s too late. 

32 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Bowie is looking more and more like our Romanov.

Pie in the sky stuff in interviews (winning the league, the best manager in Scotland etc.) and an absolute clusterf**K off the park. 

Letting Phyllis McLeish choose the new manager. What could possible go wrong? 

Giving half a million helped

32 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

If the board got their act together now, we could avoid relegation comfortably. 

A decent managerial appointment and a couple of signings and we would get the five or six wins required. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Bowie is currently trying to persuade Dyer to stay on though, as he did with Jig when Rome was burning. 

I don’t see them acting. Dyer shouldn’t have got the job in the first place. He definitely shouldn’t have got it in the immediate aftermath of the St Mirren game. based on the evidence of his time in charge he got it as he’s a nice guy and we are clinging to the hope he picked something up from Steve Clarke which he clearly hasn’t. It’s time to cut all ties with the Steve Clarke era and move on. If we don’t we’ll continue on this path. I don’t think they’ve got it in them to do what’s right and sack the manager now. It’s reminiscent of Hibs a few years ago but also of Sevco when they sacked McCoist then McDowall and ended up losing the playoff with McCall.

Board can’t even be arsed enough to give Dyer the “vote of confidence” unlikely to get rid unless the players tell Bowie to. 

Fans keep turning up doing their bit, supporting the team and being treated with complete indifference. 

It’s the wasted opportunity that’s the hardest to take and the lack of any fight to do things differently. f**k all ambition being shown, from the pitch, the recruitment, the marketing, the retail and to the board. 

One thing that sticks out a mile is the lack of quality within the Squad, We knew it going into the Summer transfer window and the recruitment was messed up, Lack of Strikers and creativity. Bowie suggested in the Killie TV interview that because of that almighty feck up that we had learned lessons and would be ready for the January window. Also stated our money in would allow us to allocate a bigger budget. But it all feels so disorganised. Nothing planned again. The Kabamba signing was according to Hartlepool out of the blue and Killie came across as desperate. 

The worry for me is the amount of players out of contract in the summer. If we go down how on earth do we attract quality and quantity. Even if we have an awful couple of months and stay up i don't see Dyer keeping the job, Then we need a new Manager who will have to rebuild the squad.

Only way Dyer will get the job to keep is if we have a big upturn in results, Sod the performances we need wins. But we need to see some fight first.

Since the Hearts win we are 9 without a win and 7 loses in a row with i think 9 goals scored....This season i think we have had 10 league games in which we have not scored. So is it the players , The managers or the systems.

If you ask me its the attitude of some players. I have heard a few of them saying in the media various phrases like , " we are an honest bunch" or " we finished 3rd last year" even "  why change anything"  and " back to basics" .....last year is in the History books, You earned your praise for last two years. 

But i see Scotland right back going through the motions until he gets his move and some money.

I see our Captain swanning around pointing fingers at people but failing to perform himself.

I see our main Striker out scored by defenders , Yet when he manged to get one he is more interested in his gang sign logo.

This is a vital two games coming up and we must take at least 4 points or at least get one win.Time for the team that finished 3rd last year to wake up, I dont care if the football is ugly , just get results.

AA - No management experience but had a great interview. 

JF - No experience as a HoF but his presentation was great. 

AD - No experience as a manager, initially unenthusiastic about the job, but appointed anyway. 

Surely at least one of the people we appointed should have had experience in the role they were appointed to ? Before SSC left he said BB was the best chairman he had worked under. Probably because BB didn't have any football knowledge and gave SSC free reign to do what he wanted on everything football related. You never know, maybe AD and JF will learn through adversity and improve. Bobby's Cup-winning team were very close to relegation until the last game, and grew from there. It doesn't look good though and sacking AD would leave the next manager working with what we have, which doesn't look good enough. 

Absolutely. The appointment of Fowler, when it was done, appeared to be after the horse had bolted. When a club has a 3 person board it is clearly essential to add football experience and know how...SC covered a lot of that up for 2 years, as he had such a wealth of experience in the game, not to mention ability. To make the transition as smooth as possible that was when the person with football knowledge should have been brought onto the board to plug the gap left by SC in those areas. 

Although there were murmurs of going for the guy at Hibs last year, more time could have been spent pursuing this. 

Had the recruitment side of the club been all set to go again in mid-May, we would have had the chance to build on last years success. Dont realistically expect us to be 3rd every year, of course not, but don't think we would be in a relegation scrap now if the building blocks had been put in place much earlier. 

41 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Bowie missed his opportunity to get the Hibs guy Gardiner ? last year .

You mean Graeme Mathie?

It sounded like he was lined up to succeed the jobholder at Hibs, he wanted the job and, let's face it, their set-up with training facilities is miles ahead of our non-existent ones.

This is like the tales of the Greek Gods toying with the mortals on earth. Years of very little hope of improvement coupled with some dire football to watch and zero expectation. Suddenly, a hero emerges to lift the gloom, raise expectations to heights scarcely believable before and bring an optimism not experienced for years. As quickly as the hero appeared, he disappeared, taking with him the all too short golden period. A sudden painful realisation follows that the good times have gone, although for a short while hopes are raised and all too quickly dashed again. This time the people are distraught, they had grown used to the bitter years and had learned to endure them with dark humour. Now, having known success and a strange feeling called happiness, their pain and misery was doubled because they knew their saviour would never return to the land. 

The end. 

Or is it ? 

2 hours ago, skygod said:

You mean Graeme Mathie?

It sounded like he was lined up to succeed the jobholder at Hibs, he wanted the job and, let's face it, their set-up with training facilities is miles ahead of our non-existent ones.

I thought he was their first ever sporting director?

Pretty sure he was involved with recruitment for years prior to this so doubt the training facilities bore any effect on this as most would be identified outwith.

"Hibernian Football Club are delighted to confirm that Graeme Mathie is to become the club’s first-ever Sporting Director.

Following on from George Craig’s decision to step down as Head of Football Operations at the end of the calendar year, Graeme will look to build on the progress and achievements of the past five years...."

4 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Still think it all goes as far back as mid-April last year. As soon as McLeish was sacked (April 18th), the SFA made it clear that SC was the man they wanted. Our planning as a club should have started right there and then. (even 4 weeks before the end of the season). I find it impossible to believe that behind closed doors it wasn't known that Clarke was moving on a month or so before the last game. That was the time to start interviewing for a Head of Football Operations position. That could have been sorted out in 2 or 3 weeks, meaning that as soon as the last game was done, the new man was ready to hit the ground running to get a new manager in quickly. and work with him right away to identify transfer targets for as soon as the window opened. 

Had we done that, it would have taken pressure off the board to make a crucial 'football' decision in the appointment of a new manager. Also as soon as the window opened we wouldn't have been scrabling around with trialists, rather we would have had firm targets to pursue, and surely would have identified the need for a couple of forwards and a number 10 at that stage. In addition the Head of Operations would have been arranging freindlies as soon as the season finished in order to build match sharpness for the CQ games. Who knows, we might still have ended up with AA but at least the transfer business would have been done much earlier.

Meanwhile, we could also have really ramped up the marketing campaign for ST's off the back of the best season for 53 years, by having a marketing dept ready to go before the season ended. 

100%

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

"Hibernian Football Club are delighted to confirm that Graeme Mathie is to become the club’s first-ever Sporting Director.

Following on from George Craig’s decision to step down as Head of Football Operations at the end of the calendar year, Graeme will look to build on the progress and achievements of the past five years...."

Btw .... still unlikely that any Of the current directors have read George’s “player recruitment “ document.

With 7 defeats on the the bounce every Killie  fan on here is hurting and hurting bad and it seems that we’re the only ones, team don’t appear to give a f*ck, Alex Dyer Looked miserable post match and our board have went very quiet, no positive news ever comes out of the club anymore,Cathy j (ex MP enough said) is our fans rep on the board gives us not a whisper,BB it would appear has used the GT transfer funds to do up two lounges and make improvements to his bloody hotel.They appoint a foreign manager but don’t back him they then sack him with us in 5 th place and appoint a man who does not want the job who has lost every league game since jeez we are a fecking laughing stock it’s getting embarrassing