Niko, Del Fabro, the keepers

Killieboykfc

49 minutes ago, skygod said:

Makes it even more puzzling that we gave Waters a new contract and kept him on loan at Saints.

Niko was probably viewed as someone who could do a job and see out his loan deal here. Personally I think his form has dipped and he is able to, and has, offered better in his time here. Waters’ loan deal means Niko leaves in the summer and we get a left back ready for first team football at this level having already learned a lot on loan. At the moment, in my opinion, Niko is still a better option when he is on form.

1 minute ago, jh2633 said:

Niko was probably viewed as someone who could do a job and see out his loan deal here.

QPR could recall or sell him before the window closes.

There were rumours that Huddersfield, and American and German clubs were interested in signing him. His contract is up in the summer so Rangers could be tempted to cash in.

Was the keeper culpable at the goal. I didn’t get a great view of it at the time but didn’t think it was that well placed. His distribution was far to slow. Plenty of times he could have got it out quickly but held on too long. 

I like Del Fabro but he had a bad one today. He was far from the only one. Another day you write it off but when those around you aren’t dragging you through it looks a lot worse.

Hamalainen has gone backwards since the speculation about other clubs looking at him started. Hendrie must be poor in training because he’s offering no threat to the position. 

DDF started off okay, but we need a more dominant CH beside Finday, and someone who can organise the defence the way Broadfoot did.

LB is certainly an area that needs to be looked at now...Niko like DDF was 'okay' at first but too big a dip in form with no competition for his place in the team.

I thought Niko looked ok going forward yesterday but totally exposed in defence. That’s not his fault. Same with Del Fabro. Him and Findlay were too far apart most of the game as Findlay had to keep going in behind Niko to defend. It’s also obvious Del Fabro doesn’t trust SOD’s positional sense or defending which further contributes to our weak and stretched  defending. 

5 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I thought Niko looked ok going forward yesterday but totally exposed in defence. That’s not his fault. Same with Del Fabro. Him and Findlay were too far apart most of the game as Findlay had to keep going in behind Niko to defend. It’s also obvious Del Fabro doesn’t trust SOD’s positional sense or defending which further contributes to our weak and stretched  defending. 

At times he was going by men with ease but the quality of pass after that was horrendous 

19 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Exactly right
You could see Findlay getting more and more frustrated as the game wore on, and the personal  issues between DDF and SOD were evident again when they collided in the 1st half. We're right back to where we were under Locke and McCulloch

18 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

Niko started well and his form has dipped in line with pretty much every player.

Even today, he had some great runs and picked up good positions; his distribution was woeful though.

Maybe the attitude of others in the squad is catching. Need a captain who will get to fire up the coasters and malcontents in the squad, argue with the ref when 50/50 decisions are on the line and be the driving force of the team. That said guys like Scott Brown ain’t readily available......