Alex Dyer

historyman

Couldn’t believe he said prior to the game that he would in essence be happy with a draw( against St Johnstone, a team below us in the league!!! ) Not what the fans wanted to hear after the run we have had he demonstrated a startlingly downbeat attitude for someone who is a few games into his managerial tenure.All for some realism but this was a joke and you just wonder how the hell he manages to pump up the players or does he rely on others Dicker / Power etc to do this ??

24 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Deflection tactics by the look of things, only post, apart from ADs interview, is a video of the youth teams 6-0 win over Bonnyrigg Rose.....

He’s talked them up previously, this weekend they have been protected away from everything. Is the next step to publicly criticise them if we don’t get the result on Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, eagle10g1 said:

Couldn’t believe he said prior to the game that he would in essence be happy with a draw( against St Johnstone, a team below us in the league!!! ) Not what the fans wanted to hear after the run we have had he demonstrated a startlingly downbeat attitude for someone who is a few games into his managerial tenure.All for some realism but this was a joke and you just wonder how the hell he manages to pump up the players or does he rely on others Dicker / Power etc to do this ??

It's really no different to what every manager says prior to a game is it. "We're looking to get a positive result", "We're hoping to do well and get some points on the board" etc etc etc. 

Same as before every game it's "it'll be a tough game", "we need to respect the opponent" etc etc. 

If he said we're going to win the game and then we lose is that any better? It's fuel for the opposing teams manager and the media.

Don't remember Clarke ever saying we're going to win this game or that game. It was always generic stuff. Dyers only mistake is he said we needed at least a point rather than making it vague and saying "a result". 

What happens in the changing room isn't always the same as what's portrayed in public. I imagine that Dyer will be furious with the players and will have made that known to them.  

1 minute ago, PrestersKtid said:

It's really no different to what every manager says prior to a game is it. "We're looking to get a positive result", "We're hoping to do well and get some points on the board" etc etc etc. 

Same as before every game it's "it'll be a tough game", "we need to respect the opponent" etc etc. 

If he said we're going to win the game and then we lose is that any better? It's fuel for the opposing teams manager and the media.

Don't remember Clarke ever saying we're going to win this game or that game. It was always generic stuff. Dyers only mistake is he said we needed at least a point rather than making it vague and saying "a result". 

What happens in the changing room isn't always the same as what's portrayed in public. I imagine that Dyer will be furious with the players and will have made that known to them.  

Yeh you hit the nail on the head , he shouldn’t have been talking about a point though don’t think there is any fuel to the opposing manager or media in saying you are going there to win a vital game. It is what is expected and shows no disrespect to the other team . He was way too low key imo.

There’s a big difference in saying you are going looking for a win and going expecting a win. To suggest you’d be happy with a point fuels the opposition manager. Look at them boys they’re scared of us, they are fragile they think a point here is a good result. It can in turn hit the mentality of our players. At 1-1 on Saturday one team had the desire and hunger to go for the win the other was Killie. The mentality was all wrong. We didn’t go for the win but we didn’t fight for the point we could have clung to. 

Friday press conference - “everyone pointing in the right direction, the togetherness is back. The two new signings have taken us to another level”.............

Post Match Saturday - “We're not good enough at the moment. I'm not saying they are not giving 100% but it's 100% of what they've got and, at this time, it's not good enough“. 

That in itself shows the contradictory, muddled thinking and mixed messages that will undermine the squad and the info and strategy he’s trying to get across to them. We need a strong respected character to turn this ship around and we need it now. 

3 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Friday press conference - “everyone pointing in the right direction, the togetherness is back. The two new signings have taken us to another level”.............

Post Match Saturday - “We're not good enough at the moment. I'm not saying they are not giving 100% but it's 100% of what they've got and, at this time, it's not good enough“. 

That in itself shows the contradictory, muddled thinking and mixed messages that will undermine the squad and the info and strategy he’s trying to get across to them. We need a strong respected character to turn this ship around and we need it now. 

Well said, completely agree.  

Think we need to accept that AD is here until the end of the season now, unless he chucks it himself. Even if there are defeats against both County and Hearts the board would have to admit that they have made a roaring hunt of the whole situation, but can't see that happening.

Hope seems to be pinned on St.Mirren and Accies somehow being worse than us over the next few months. After we bring in probably 1 more player on Friday night (if even that), this will be the squad for the run in.

Need to strap in for a few weeks of 'must work harder' comments I fear.

Edited by Jedi2

24 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Think we need to accept that AD is here until the end of the season now, unless he chucks it himself. Even if there are defeats against both County and Hearts the board would have to admit that they have made a roaring hunt of the whole situation, but can't see that happening.

Hope seems to be pinned on St.Mirren and Accies somehow being worse than us over the next few months. After we bring in probably 1 more player on Friday night (if even that), this will be the squad for the run in.

Need to strap in for a few weeks of 'must work harder' comments I fear.

Maybe want to relieve st mirren of their left back then.

Everybody is entitled to express  their opinion that is the basis of a forum but some of the stuff being said on here about AD is beginning to get too personal and without basis .Most of it is based on assumptions and not helpful to the position our club finds itself in surely it is up to ALL of us as fans to support the team all the way to the end of this season and hopefully play our part in turning things round after all look at the backing the hearts team received  from their fans yesterday that's a lesson for us!

3 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Everybody is entitled to express  their opinion that is the basis of a forum but some of the stuff being said on here about AD is beginning to get too personal and without basis .Most of it is based on assumptions and not helpful to the position our club finds itself in surely it is up to ALL of us as fans to support the team all the way to the end of this season and hopefully play our part in turning things round after all look at the backing the hearts team received  from their fans yesterday that's a lesson for us!

There was no shortage of backing in Saturday. It didn’t help in the slightest. 

9 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Nonsense, let's see examples of what you deem too personal. The only assumptions being made at the moment are that he can't handle the job, I would be delighted if he proves us wrong. 

I think its fair to say that everyone on here wants AD to make a success of it. As far as it being 'personal' goes, other than folk questioning whether he really wants the job, or whether he will be able, based on performances thus far, to keep us safe this season. Other than that, many posters have (rightly) said that AD is a thoroughly decent and very nice guy. Everyone is also very appreciative of the part he played during the SC seasons, and indeed tbh I can't ever recall an assistant manager being more popular at RP.

I have no doubt that AD knows the areas of the team which need to be strengthened. After all, he has been in the game a long time, both as a player himself, and a coach. However he is up against it in fairness, as so far, he hasn't really been backed in this window, which is now just 4 days away from closing. Okay, he has been able to get Harry Bunn, a player he clearly knows, as well as Kabamba. If the board are serious about letting AD make a real go of this, then in the next few days we should see a new goalkeeper, probably a CH, a No.10 and a couple of forwards (at least) coming through the door. If not, it is AD I feel for, as like AA, he won't have been given the proper tools to work with for the rest of the season. I don't 'blame' AD, I blame the board for not being more proactive this window.

A counter argument no doubt would be that AA 'brought' in 11 players around the summer (Branescu, Koprivec, Niko, DDF, Hendrie, Johnson, El Mak, Sow, Jackson, Millar, and St,Clair). However, of those players only Branescu, DDF and El Mak have enjoyed significant game time, and most of the signings felt rushed and last minute, particularly Sow, Jackson, St. Clair and Johnson. At the same time he wasn't allowed to properly replace the likes of Bachmann, Broadfoot, Taylor, Mulumbu, Jones, Boyd, McAlenay, et al, as, when signings are last ditch at the eleventh hour, you are looking at quantity rather than quality.

Again, if by Friday night, AD has been dealt a proper hand by the board in terms of significantly strengthening this squad, then lets see where it goes from there. He is a man badly in need of a result, hopefully on Saturday...

Edited by Jedi2

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/1223721434326994947?s=19

That's a much better interview. (easier when you've won etc, I know, I know...) But sounds like the boss there. 

Diplomatic in talking up the first eleven - which tbf he is right to do - but saying that if players come available then they will come in. 

Seen the problems from the last few games and done something. Please to goodness let this be the start of something. Would be delighted for him to do well

A really good day for AD all round, delighted for him tonight. He picked the right team today, and set them up well. Also, the passion shown in the second half was a big positive. Its one step but it was hugely important for him to get a result.

Two massive games coming up for him in the next week now. Need to show the same passion and organisation in both. If he get results this week then he will have relieved a lot of pressure. Its only one game today, but lets see where it goes from here.

Dont think we could sack him based on todays performance......as I say, its one game, onto the next now.

Edited by Jedi2

6 minutes ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

I would sack him, today changes nothing for me.

Harsh to go there after today. I’d have had him gone last week and pre Christmas. It can’t be done now though. He’s bought himself some time with that. How long depends on what happens in the next week. He got a result today but also a performance. Not often we’ve had both of those together this season. It’s one game but it’s a start. We move on to Hearts in a better frame of mind expecting the same levels from the players and staff