Alex Dyer

historyman

This is turning into a fecking disaster one game at a time. The BBC summed it up well for once - Dyer keeps talking them up, but it doesn't matter how fecking hard they are working in training they aren't producing the goods. To rely on the oldest player in the side, Burke, is simply a disgrace and the other players should be ashamed. There's a huge number of them that haven't looked interested all season and need to GTF. 

As much as it was an away game, we should be at least drawing with St Johnstone. 

Desperate.

1 minute ago, Jedi2 said:

Jig was given 8 games after being officially appointed manager. AD has now had 6. However, defeat to both County and Hearts, both of which look possible now, and surely it couldn't continue.

I agree. As much as we aren't Man Utd or Chelsea, you can't risk going from 3rd place last season to potential relegation this season - which is where we headed if we do lose those 2 matches. 

County game is massive for Dyer. He'd better get the finger out or he'll be in the dole queue behind Alessio. 

7 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

So wrong .... and bitter 

Wrong, I liked him as a player but situation stinks,  his first major call was sacking a manager who had us 5th despite the players being against him, then he oversaw the pursuit of a new manager and ended up going for the assistant who made no attempt at going for the job and lost his 3 trial matches without a goal.

I’m struggling to think of any assistant manager to caretaker to Manager appointments that have gone well over an extended period of time. 

It felt like the board s**t it and took the easy option at the time and feels even more like that now. IMO Dyer (as much as I like him) should’ve gone in the summer. 

If he thought this was a long term job and really wanted it he’d have been in for it in the summer. When he did get it he should have walked away from the Scotland job. I get we only gave 6 months but feels like a total lack of ambition from him. He’s not a manager and I don’t think he wants to be, his run is now as bad as AA so if that’s the precedent he should go. 

2 minutes ago, KTID1869fc said:

I’m struggling to think of any assistant manager to caretaker to Manager appointments that have gone well over an extended period of time. 

It felt like the board s**t it and took the easy option at the time and feels even more like that now. IMO Dyer (as much as I like him) should’ve gone in the summer. 

If he thought this was a long term job and really wanted it he’d have been in for it in the summer. When he did get it he should have walked away from the Scotland job. I get we only gave 6 months but feels like a total lack of ambition from him. He’s not a manager and I don’t think he wants to be, his run is now as bad as AA so if that’s the precedent he should go. 

The position now is far worse than when AA  was sacked. Logically if that was for purely footballing reasons then AD should be on his way. 

I'd far rather several players came in and as many went. 

11 minutes ago, Rabprytz said:

How the feck can we end up with a manager who didn't even want the job in the first place. 2nd half today was a disgrace, St Johnstone are dreadful but simply wanted it more than us. If we keep Dyer in charge we're going down

Donati must take some blame too. Clear them all out.

13 minutes ago, Rabprytz said:

St Johnstone are dreadful but simply wanted it more than us.

This is what’s really alarming me at the moment. Wasn’t at the game today but it was exactly like that at St Mirren when they one literally every second ball. These teams look like they know they’re in a relegation battle and are up for the fight, while we still want to stroll about like we’re a class above them.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Act now. The decision to sever ties with Dyer should have been taken immediately after the St Mirren game. Shoots of positivity in the cup game and in defeat the other night but when we need something from him and the group they let us down again

He should have went as soon as Alessio was appointed and AA should have been given money to bring in his own management team. I honestly think Donatti was foisted upon him as a panic move by the board. I don't even think the board allowed him the freedom to bring in his own players, bar a couple of loan signings  

It's very apparent now that AA was not the problem and the board should have backed him to rid the club of any player who didn't buy into his vision. At least we could see what he was trying to do with the team. It was, I'm sure, 100% down to the players that his ideas were not implemented properly.