Our fan on the Board?

boydiesback

3 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

If there are people here not subscribers yet criticising the position then they should really sign up and have a vote and make their voice heard. 

In a roundabout fashion I almost think the opposite mate. (Only on this matter)

Knowing you're paying money to have our say on the board... and it seems we are being hugely let down. 

If anyone is looking from the outside in, they will be thinking what's the point. 

Imo of course

14 minutes ago, Travis said:

The fatal flaw with fan representation - there isn’t, and never will be, a fan alive that every Killie fan would be delighted and confident about. 

Ayrshire folk have a particularly strong streak of stubborn/self-centredness depending on your point of view, and are perfectly happy to argue for hours about why their particular view is the right one and completely invalidated all others. 

It’s pretty much a thankless task, but perhaps the rules of engagement need to be made more explicit. 

And guaranteed points of communication would help: a monthly report would help. And perhaps holding referendums on key decisions to truly give a fan voice (not that I trust people to vote sanely on anything anymore).

It seems to work ok for Motherwell

2 hours ago, Steppskillie said:

They were quick enough to make a statement when Alessio left.

The reality is that having a Trust person on the board makes little or no difference to any significant decision making which influences ir decides the major activities in the club!!

1. The KSA made a statement when Alessio left, the trust didn't

2. If having a trust rep on the board makes no difference - then why are so many people angry about what that rep says or does? You can't have it both ways.

25 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Knowing you're paying money to have our say on the board... and it seems we are being hugely let down. 

If anyone is looking from the outside in, they will be thinking what's the point. 

Imo of course

In that case nothing will ever change. Motherwell fans get it, St. Mirren fans get it, Hearts fans get it. Wee have a high proportion of refuseniks who don't get the importance of The Trust. 

In my humble opinion there are two ways of looking at this issue

We pay our membership therefore we should be entitled to hear from our representative what is going in particularly this transfer shambles

If we don't get that we stop our subscription as there is no point to it

As I say just my opinion and I will give it a couple of days if the radio silence continues then I am out

32 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Imo of course

I think people have got to look at the bigger picture. For one do you think there would be more or less communication from the club without a trust rep on board? Cathy engages with loads of folk on social media and in person.

Secondly, this is only the start. While it has taken a massive effort to get to this stage it is only really the beginning. With more subscribers brings more shares to the trust, and therefore more of a say. If you look at clubs like Motherwell and st mirren who are similar sized clubs but have masses more subscribers contributing to their scheme. I would think there output from their rep will be larger than ours because of this.

Problem with Cathy is her appointment seemed (at least to folk like me not in the inner sanctum) a coronation. Surely we should be running an open process with a vote of members. Those willing to do it give a personal statement with their experience and explain why we should vote for them, how they'll deal with different types of situations, how our views will be represented and fed back to us.Then they go into the boardroom with a clear mandate the majority of us have approved. The current set up just appears to be an old pals act - it may be completely the opposite but that's not how it looks to us sitting on the outside. Someone like Baz would be perfect IMHO

1 hour ago, Skora11 said:

If there are people here not subscribers yet criticising the position then they should really sign up and have a vote and make their voice heard. 

Seems to be the opposite. I have read this morning people cancelling their direct debits/membership. 

Just a random question but if Cathy quits the role is the position on the board still allocated to the trust to propose a replacement? 

23 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

I don’t pay that much attention to the Motherwell trust, obviously! But surely the aim of both Trusts is the same?

But as an Uber fan you’ll know best 

It is. Their fans have bought into the idea though (like St Mirren) and ours have bad mouthed it from word go trying to sabotage any momentum gained by TIK.

To the extent I've heard of folk trying to persuade folk not to join. Figure that one out.

5 minutes ago, Ken T said:

Problem with Cathy is her appointment seemed (at least to folk like me not in the inner sanctum) a coronation. Surely we should be running an open process with a vote of members. Those willing to do it give a personal statement with their experience and explain why we should vote for them, how they'll deal with different types of situations, how our views will be represented and fed back to us.Then they go into the boardroom with a clear mandate the majority of us have approved. The current set up just appears to be an old pals act - it may be completely the opposite but that's not how it looks to us sitting on the outside. Someone like Baz would be perfect IMHO

This has been asked and answered a while back, in case you missed it the Trust Board put three candidates forward to the Club Board and the Club chose from that. The three candidates were selected by the Trust Board because the first person in the role had to be the right fit to show that having someone in there would be beneficial to the Club. It was a one off and any future candidates will be nominated via an election process, doing all the things you've mentioned. I think that was acceptable given the circumstances, but I'm still waiting to hear what the proposals are for nominating new folk, there doesn't seem to be any process in place for that yet unless I've missed it.

11 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Seems to be the opposite. I have read this morning people cancelling their direct debits/membership.

Just a random question but if Cathy quits the role is the position on the board still allocated to the trust to propose a replacement? 

According to the what was said at the time, the role is permanent and if it is vacated then it will be filled again by an election process.