Our fan on the Board?

boydiesback

The board at Kilmarnock is too small with only 3 members. A 5 person board should be the minimum requirement. We also have a board without a chairperson, which is in itself very odd and shows a lack of leadership. As Cathy is a member of this board, could she or should she put herself forward for the position of Chairperson? It would certainly stir the pot and if she was ultimately successful in her bid perhaps then more dialogue between board and fans would ensue. 

4 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

The board at Kilmarnock is too small with only 3 members. A 5 person board should be the minimum requirement. We also have a board without a chairperson, which is in itself very odd and shows a lack of leadership. As Cathy is a member of this board, could she or should she put herself forward for the position of Chairperson? It would certainly stir the pot and if she was ultimately successful in her bid perhaps then more dialogue between board and fans would ensue. 

Geezo that's the most sensible post you've ever made.

13 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Account hack?

Good post.

Regarding the success of our TiK versus others, I also wonder if we're victims of our own success?

Motherwell went into administration, St Mirren and Hearts have both been relegated in recent years.

We've not experienced that kind of hardship, hardship which can galvanise the support behind the club. 

Why not let’s give the dust some time to settle and I’m sure we will get comment from the board. The last few days will have been very long and frustrating no doubt in that we have, for whatever reason, not managed to bring in more quality to the playing squad. I’m on the Trust board, I don’t get a blow by blow account of what is happening on a daily basis, and I don’t expect it. I respect the silence, no matter how frustrating it can be, but Cathy spends much more time on her duties than anyone can imagine, doing it for the love of the club, not for any self gratification. We have seen a vast improvement in communication between the Board and fans in the past couple of years, lets not go back to where we were. The best way forward is for more fan involvement in TIK and other related activities to strengthen our links with the club, to build a club in the community that our younger and future fans can follow with pride. Let’s get behind the team today which first and foremost is most important and perhaps in the next couple of days we will get answers to some of the questions posed. 

24 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

Regarding the success of our TiK versus others, I also wonder if we're victims of our own success?

Motherwell went into administration, St Mirren and Hearts have both been relegated in recent years.

We've not experienced that kind of hardship, hardship which can galvanise the support behind the club. 

This point is always raised and is easily answered.

Do you want the club to go into acute hardship to see whether people would - or would not - rally round?

Isn't it better to try to avoid a crisis in the first place by mobilising now?

15 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

“We have seen a vast improvement in communication between the Board and fans in the past couple of years,”

Pity it’s all fell apart in last 6 months, in fact you could form a perception that it’s got worse since we put a TIK rep on board!

Oh really, you have a nice day.

58 minutes ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Why not let’s give the dust some time to settle and I’m sure we will get comment from the board. The last few days will have been very long and frustrating no doubt in that we have, for whatever reason, not managed to bring in more quality to the playing squad. I’m on the Trust board, I don’t get a blow by blow account of what is happening on a daily basis, and I don’t expect it. I respect the silence, no matter how frustrating it can be, but Cathy spends much more time on her duties than anyone can imagine, doing it for the love of the club, not for any self gratification. We have seen a vast improvement in communication between the Board and fans in the past couple of years, lets not go back to where we were. The best way forward is for more fan involvement in TIK and other related activities to strengthen our links with the club, to build a club in the community that our younger and future fans can follow with pride. Let’s get behind the team today which first and foremost is most important and perhaps in the next couple of days we will get answers to some of the questions posed. 

comment from the board ! we shall see.

6 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

Show me an improvement in communication and I’ll apologise. Since the CQN ticket fiasco it’s been diabolical and getting worse!

It has certainly not got worse since we put a TIK rep on the board, yes the past few months have been horrific on the playing side in particular, there is only so much our rep can do. If the players required are not being sought, and the current players are not doing their job, that is Manager/HOF responsibility. Mistakes get made, we as a club need to learn from them, but I know that your TIK rep works flat out and has been a strong voice in the boardroom. I would never condone going back to the days of Johnston in charge.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:30 PM, CBFC said:

That isn't my opinion.

A knee jerk reaction is not the right answer. I am sure you will have heard this before, but if Manchester United had not given Alex Ferguson one more game (in the cup) then he would never had won the amount of silverware he did.

I know the situation we are in is not good at the moment, but I firmly believe that we will come good. I am not asking everybody to have the same thoughts, but to give AD a bit of leeway for the moment.

Ferguson was giving more time because he was getting rid of trouble makers (not signing them) and had a clear strategy to integrate youth into the team. These aren't things you could say about our current situation so it's not similar.

1 minute ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Ferguson was giving more time because he was getting rid of trouble makers (not signing them) and had a clear strategy to integrate youth into the team. These aren't things you could say about our current situation so it's not similar.

Ok, ok.....we get the point :/

49 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

“We have seen a vast improvement in communication between the Board and fans in the past couple of years,”

Pity it’s all fell apart in last 6 months, in fact you could form a perception that it’s got worse since we put a TIK rep on board!

Do you know when Cathy Jamieson was appointed to the board? About six months ago, wasn't it?

In fact, it was in May 2018.

Edited by skygod