Our fan on the Board?

boydiesback

1 hour ago, skygod said:

This point is always raised and is easily answered.

Do you want the club to go into acute hardship to see whether people would - or would not - rally round?

Isn't it better to try to avoid a crisis in the first place by mobilising now?

If you want fans to buy into fan ownership it the same numbers as Hearts, Motherwell or St Mirren, offer them the same product to buy. Fan ownership and a seat on the board are vastly different things. Redistributing the available shares so fans own the majority and buying unallocated shares which won’t even put a dent in the owner’s majority are different things.
Buying unallocated shares is as good as a donation to the club. That’s great if it makes you feel better, but it’s not for everyone. 

2 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Why not let’s give the dust some time to settle and I’m sure we will get comment from the board. The last few days will have been very long and frustrating no doubt in that we have, for whatever reason, not managed to bring in more quality to the playing squad. I’m on the Trust board, I don’t get a blow by blow account of what is happening on a daily basis, and I don’t expect it. I respect the silence, no matter how frustrating it can be, but Cathy spends much more time on her duties than anyone can imagine, doing it for the love of the club, not for any self gratification. We have seen a vast improvement in communication between the Board and fans in the past couple of years, lets not go back to where we were. The best way forward is for more fan involvement in TIK and other related activities to strengthen our links with the club, to build a club in the community that our younger and future fans can follow with pride. Let’s get behind the team today which first and foremost is most important and perhaps in the next couple of days we will get answers to some of the questions posed. 

No - not acceptable this football club was well run by SSC and he was the Club during his tenure so the Board and everyone else was made to look good regardless of their abilities. We need to take a step forward and look at bringing in proper experienced people into the right positions to stave off any hint of relegation. Man management is a skill which the current set-up lacks. When SSC went the infrastructure he put into place started to slowly crumble culminating in where we are now. It needs addressed immediately not by any lazy option and if it needs fresh investment then so be it.

Edited by tanerba'Tam
Spelling

1 minute ago, tanerba'Tam said:

No - not acceptable this football club was well run by SSC and he was the Club during his tenure so the Board and everyone else was made to look good regardless of their abilities. We need to take a step forward and look at bringing in proper experienced people into the right positions to stave off any hint of relegation. Man management is a skill which the current set-up lacks. When SSC went the infrastructure he put into put started to slowly crumble. It needs addressed now and if it needs investment so be it.

What involvement did SC have in the running of the football club?

10 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

What involvement did SC have in the running of the football club?

He was the glue the held everything together. When the team does well  employees get a lift the Board get an easy time, the fans are ecstatic and the forum goes quiet etc. etc. Quite simply He engendered satisfaction all round the Club. Is that not enough?

Edited by tanerba'Tam

11 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

He was the glue the held everything together. When the team does well  employees get a lift the Board get an easy time, the fans are ecstatic and the forum goes quiet etc. etc. Quite simply He engendered satisfaction all round the Club. Is that not enough?

Not really, no. You talked about the infrastructure he was responsible for putting into place. 

SC was an outstanding manager but I find the narrative that he was responsible for anything beyond training, match days and transfers very hard to credit.

I can’t believe he had anything to do with ticketing, the decision to relay the astrograss, marketing, HR, retail or any of the other million and one things the football club does.

2 hours ago, skygod said:

This point is always raised and is easily answered.

Do you want the club to go into acute hardship to see whether people would - or would not - rally round?

Isn't it better to try to avoid a crisis in the first place by mobilising now?

I agree with you and for the record, I'm not suggesting relegation or administration would be a good thing as it would galvanise us. Relegation would be a disaster.

It's just harder to break the inertia of fans who have, compared to those other teams, had it easy and not experienced  administration and/or relegation. 

What we need is a leader who can rally the troops. We had one in SC. 

Now more than ever is the time for strong leadership and if it doesn't come from the board, manager, HOF or players, then it would need to be from an outside agent willing to take over.

I can't see it coming from the Trust (although I support them); our fans always seem too split to agree on anything. 

If no leadership arises, then we could be the next Partick.

This puts a massive pressure on the players, and they deserve some of that but not all. I'll be supporting them as always, but nothing less than 3 points will today.

Edited by Mogwai

1 minute ago, NorfolkG said:

Not really, no. You talked about the infrastructure he was responsible for putting into place. 

SC was an outstanding manager but I find the narrative that he was responsible for anything beyond training, match days and transfers very hard to credit.

I can’t believe he had anything to do with ticketing, the decision to relay the astrograss, marketing, HR, retail or any of the other million and one things the football club does.

Sorry beg to differ on a lot of these points but as I an off out to the game soon will further debate this another time. Results matter and fingers crossed that will bring back a bit of sanity to proceedings.

1 hour ago, Mcilroy56 said:

It has certainly not got worse since we put a TIK rep on the board, yes the past few months have been horrific on the playing side in particular, there is only so much our rep can do. If the players required are not being sought, and the current players are not doing their job, that is Manager/HOF responsibility. Mistakes get made, we as a club need to learn from them, but I know that your TIK rep works flat out and has been a strong voice in the boardroom. I would never condone going back to the days of Johnston in charge.

You haven’t managed to point to any improvement! 
Communication isn’t dropping a few snippets by social media. It’s listening to your customers and reacting to what’s affecting them. Not leaving a vacuum to be filled with rumour and fiction that so happens on here. I don’t care if it’s good or bad news as long as we get some transparency.

That sadly has been lacking since end of last season.

Cathy has spoken ....

Completely understand that Kilmarnock Football Club fans have concerns and questions about transfer activity. Disappointing that we didn’t get some players we targetted. My The Killie Trust update will go out next week and I’m currently working on getting a date for the next On Board In Person event in February and we are finalising  arrangements for Club AGM. 

Meantime I’m getting right behind the team today as I’ve done for more than 50 years through ups and downs, disappointments  and celebrations. #KTID

What a lot of s**te.

5 hours ago, chubbs said:

Cathy has spoken ....

Completely understand that Kilmarnock Football Club fans have concerns and questions about transfer activity. Disappointing that we didn’t get some players we targetted. My The Killie Trust update will go out next week and I’m currently working on getting a date for the next On Board In Person event in February and we are finalising  arrangements for Club AGM. 

Meantime I’m getting right behind the team today as I’ve done for more than 50 years through ups and downs, disappointments  and celebrations. #KTID

What a lot of s**te.

Not sure what else you could expect her to do? She’s organising a written update and there will be a meeting in February along side carrying out her full time job and duties at the Club. To those who say she doesn’t care she points out that she has followed Killie for a long time. Seems she can’t win, either not enough communication or not the right kind!

4 minutes ago, Island Girl said:

Not sure what else you could expect her to do? She’s organising a written update and there will be a meeting in February along side carrying out her full time job and duties at the Club. To those who say she doesn’t care she points out that she has followed Killie for a long time. Seems she can’t win, either not enough communication or not the right kind!

So why did we lose out on targets? She’s told us nothing. What she posted isn’t “communicating” with us! It’s a typical politician body swerve of the real issues! 

Followed the club for 50 years! What a hero! So have hundreds others! What makes her 50 years more significant than anyone else’s?

Edited by boydiesback

Cathy has spoken ....

What a lot of s**te.

^^^ a must try harder type post ^^^

Pathetic really.....

13 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

So why did we lose out on targets? She’s told us nothing. What she posted isn’t “communicating” with us! It’s a typical politician body swerve of the real issues! 

Followed the club for 50 years! What a hero! So have hundreds others! What makes her 50 years more significant than anyone else’s?

Read her tweet again - update for Trust members will be out next week. Not even the most impressive communicator would be expected to cover it in a tweet! I don’t think she is claiming that hers are more significant just that she understands how fans are feeling.

Did anyone take the time to talk to her before the match when she was standing outside the front door?

15 minutes ago, Island Girl said:

Not sure what else you could expect her to do?

It's basically a statement to tell us about a future statement...... her customers are asking for answers, so far she has failed to provide any. 

If we lose today, I expect we'll see some form of backlash towards the board & management, so it won't matter what her next statement says, some fans will have reached their own conclusion by then.

Surely you can see that without your Trust board hat on ?

Cathy has spoken ....

What a lot of s**te.

She knows we are concerned but doesn’t feel the need to address these concerns at the moment. It’s great she's looking at getting all the other stuff organised but folk want answers to the January window now. Not a month or more down the line.

14 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Surely you can see that without your Trust board hat on ?

I’m not on the Trust board but I do know that they all put in a power of work behind the scenes. There have been a couple of meetings with Cathy and she said that there will be one soon. The one way to get things to happen quicker, if you think more can be done is join the Trust Board to help spread the load.

34 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

See it’s always the same comeback, “power of work” “we’re all busy” blah blah blah!

No one is doubting the hard work done by volunteers but you’ve missed the point! We want some insight into the mess the club is in, why? And what’s the strategy to deal with it.

And Cathy has said she is going to give one. Perhaps it’s always the same comeback because it’s the truth?

4 hours ago, boydiesback said:

Her 50 years are no more significant than anyone else's. Some fans , like you, want to moan about everything and she will always be wrong in your eyes. If you think you can do better then step up to the plate. As an aside have you ever considered why that in 609 posts you have had 583 red dots.

9 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

Will Cathy always be the Trust rep or is there something in the rules where this has to change every x years?  Not being critical, just curious. 

I don't think the Trust has finalised a period for retiring the director but the intention is that the position will be retired. 

This came up on the recent Trust megathread.