Mr Bowie

killie billies pal

I don't understand the knee jerk reaction towards the man who dipped his hand in his pocket and allowed our club to be where it is  today( and before you say he has got himself a hotel etc blah blah) he deserves this for doing what he did at that time. And to answer your point as a successful business man do you honestly think he will allow in your words if push comes to shove lose himself upwards of 200k I for one don't think he will  let's all just take a wee step back enjoy what is left of our saturday night and more importantly support our great team through whatever happens the rest of this season!

4 minutes ago, Bbk said:

I don't understand the knee jerk reaction towards the man who dipped his hand in his pocket and allowed our club to be where it is  today( and before you say he has got himself a hotel etc blah blah) he deserves this for doing what he did at that time. And to answer your point as a successful business man do you honestly think he will allow in your words if push comes to shove lose himself upwards of 200k I for one don't think he will  let's all just take a wee step back enjoy what is left of our saturday night and more importantly support our great team through whatever happens the rest of this season!

OK Billy. 

24 minutes ago, Bbk said:

I don’t think most people would question the fact that he’s done a lot for the club in terms of putting money in and improving certain off field aspects. However it’s also perfectly reasonable for fans to have major concerns over some of the decisions that have been made at the top since the end of last season and the apparent lack of strategy, leadership and forward planning. This season has somehow become a desperate fight to stay in the top flight and we’re on the verge of a club record run of defeats - totally unacceptable when you think of where we were in May last year. 

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

Knee jerk? You been asleep for the past six months Billy? Or is it one of the Bowie family dynasty.  

He deserves to be rightly challenged when the footballing decisions of him and his board are verging on the cataclysmic. He might have money and ran a successful business but he knows feck all about how to run a football club. 

Failed to prepare for Clarke’s successor, takes an age to appoint AA, Walked out on the interview with Alessio, appoints a highly questionable head of football with no experience of that role, let’s him appoint Dyer until the end of the season cos he’s on holiday in Spain and can’t be arsed going through a recruitment process. Fails to even see the obvious replacement for Clarke is living at the end of Dundonald Road. Aye knew jerk reaction after this and losing 7 league games on the bounce with an under invested squad. Never mind he can entertain Kenny Binnie et al in his nice shiny box.  Do you think Billy would let his own company regress so much in 6 months? Doubt it.

Let’s all enjoy our weekend after travelling to Perth to watch that embarrassing garbage. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Bowie was certainly very high profile in the good times last season and was never shy of an interview or two. 

Would be nice to hear something from him now. Don't know when he last has something to say to the fans. 

He won’t say anything in adversity as he’s no leader and it won’t sit well with his enormous ego. 

40 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Knee jerk? You been asleep for the past six months Billy? Or is it one of the Bowie family dynasty.  

He deserves to be rightly challenged when the footballing decisions of him and his board are verging on the cataclysmic. He might have money and ran a successful business but he knows feck all about how to run a football club. 

Failed to prepare for Clarke’s successor, takes an age to appoint AA, Walked out on the interview with Alessio, appoints a highly questionable head of football with no experience of that role, let’s him appoint Dyer until the end of the season cos he’s on holiday in Spain and can’t be arsed going through a recruitment process. Fails to even see the obvious replacement for Clarke is living at the end of Dundonald Road. Aye knew jerk reaction after this and losing 7 league games on the bounce with an under invested squad. Never mind he can entertain Kenny Binnie et al in his nice shiny box.  Do you think Billy would let his own company regress so much in 6 months? Doubt it.

Let’s all enjoy our weekend after travelling to Perth to watch that embarrassing garbage. 

nail on head. I suspect he got more out of it than he put in. he is much more interested in his hotel expansion and his other business concerns. All fine when Clarke papers over cracks but leaves him terribly exposed when the inevitable decline sets in due to the shambolic way the club is run.

3 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

How much would relegation cost Kilmarnock Football Club?

We are where we are because of corners cut and poor choices. Wher is the dosh for Taylor? Where is the dosh saved from playing on plastic?  Dyer is again the budget option. If you cut enough corners you sink the ship.

Get somebody in who knows what they are doing and stop looking for the budget option or we are down.

Edited by gdevoy

3 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

It appears to me that while Angelo was not ideal, he was NOT the man to blame for the state we find ourselves in now.

Agreed mate, the silence from the board since AA sacking is baffling, we were told when trying to replace SSC the standard of applicants was very high and Billy himself stated he couldn't believe some of the people sitting Infront of him during the interviews, this being the case why did he settle for an assistant who didn't really want the gig, surely he must have had a shortlist.

Dyer isn’t good enough but he’s a fall guy.  He has never shown anything but reluctance when linked with the managers job. I get the impression he was railroaded into taking it full time at the behest of Fowler and the arsehole players who got Alessio sacked. 

When Fowler was appointed in November we were within touching distance of third place. Everything since he came in has been an utter shambles both on and off the park. 

5 minutes ago, TLC said:

Dyer isn’t good enough but he’s a fall guy.  He has never shown anything but reluctance when linked with the managers job. I get the impression he was railroaded into taking it full time at the behest of Fowler and the arsehole players who got Alessio sacked. 

When Fowler was appointed in November we were within touching distance of third place. Everything since he came in has been an utter shambles both on and off the park. 

He was the one who put the pressure on after St Mirren when he said it needed to be sorted whether it was him or someone else. If he didn’t want the gig he should have knocked it back. When it wasn’t working he should have walked after St Mirren. Likewise he should have informed the board tonight that he’s not cut out for it and step down.

13 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

why did he settle for an assistant who didn't really want the gig, surely he must have had a shortlist.

It was Christmas, Bowie was on holiday in Spain and he couldn’t be arsed with the hassle of recruiting a manager so soon after he’d made an arse of the last one. After all it’s Billy Bowie Special Projects that pays his mortgage and funds his lifestyle. Kilmarnock Football Club is just the means to a nice hotel and an efficient way to save on tax. A nice toy to pass down to his sons when he gets bored.

Bit harsh but you could always go back to the MJ era. On a business perspective their is a better infrastructure but JF has a role and frankly needs to deliver scouting and decision making which is key to performances on the park. It is easy to blame but if the players were delivering then can't imagine Bowie of the board would be taking flack. Starts with the players and performances which aren't good enough given budgets and resources.

22 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

It was Christmas, Bowie was on holiday in Spain and he couldn’t be arsed with the hassle of recruiting a manager so soon after he’d made an arse of the last one. After all it’s Billy Bowie Special Projects that pays his mortgage and funds his lifestyle. Kilmarnock Football Club is just the means to a nice hotel and an efficient way to save on tax. A nice toy to pass down to his sons when he gets bored.

YES a inheritance to his son looking that way

A Multi Millionaire businessman,billy Bowie is only interested in what billy Bowie can get for billy Bowie and we are just that a means for him to make cash for himself yes he dug deep initially but he got the hotel he doesn’t appear to have made any contribution since the ground improvements was funded by the GT transfer fund sacked AA and appointed the cheapest option available if he’s there on Wednesday and it goes Pete tong I will be letting him know what I feel.

i think you will find mr bowie  has had  no control since sc left i would imagine sc was making decisions on the team and the way the club was run 

looks to me like bowie is recouping his investment and more before f**king off and letting us sink

thats what directors of business do they dont care about their employees 

i would suggest he does know how to run the club but also how to run down club for own benefit 

he will have financial advisers