Mr Bowie

killie billies pal

1 hour ago, Supermac said:

A Multi Millionaire businessman,billy Bowie is only interested in what billy Bowie can get for billy Bowie and we are just that a means for him to make cash for himself yes he dug deep initially but he got the hotel he doesn’t appear to have made any contribution since the ground improvements was funded by the GT transfer fund sacked AA and appointed the cheapest option available if he’s there on Wednesday and it goes Pete tong I will be letting him know what I feel.

If your are going to spout this type of bile you should try and post facts. Most of the above I would suspect in totally without foundation.

I have not an inkling what has/is happening but lets not pretend that businessmen are all paragons of virtue. When times get tough the priority is looking after number one; themselves. They are aware of whats ahead before anyone and in most cases take the appropriate action to mitigate any hit they might take. This can involve taking repayment of loans and utilising funds to support other businesses. Hope to God this is never the case with BB.

15 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Knee jerk? You been asleep for the past six months Billy? Or is it one of the Bowie family dynasty.  

He deserves to be rightly challenged when the footballing decisions of him and his board are verging on the cataclysmic. He might have money and ran a successful business but he knows feck all about how to run a football club. 

Failed to prepare for Clarke’s successor, takes an age to appoint AA, Walked out on the interview with Alessio, appoints a highly questionable head of football with no experience of that role, let’s him appoint Dyer until the end of the season cos he’s on holiday in Spain and can’t be arsed going through a recruitment process. Fails to even see the obvious replacement for Clarke is living at the end of Dundonald Road. Aye knew jerk reaction after this and losing 7 league games on the bounce with an under invested squad. Never mind he can entertain Kenny Binnie et al in his nice shiny box.  Do you think Billy would let his own company regress so much in 6 months? Doubt it.

Let’s all enjoy our weekend after travelling to Perth to watch that embarrassing garbage. 

Bkb is no relation whatsoever to BB.

52 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Hearts cash a cheque for £150k , Boyce immediately makes massive repayment.

That, Mr Bowie is what is required, today, not next week.

We have a manager who looks absolutely clueless. Bowie could go out and get him Messi, Ronaldo and Modric and I'm not sure Dyer could get the best from the group.

Yes we need more quality in the squad but mindlessly throwing money won’t help. We need a coach with a plan and work to implement that with improved quality

53 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Apart from the fact that we can't match Heart's wages, where would you want to play your football ? On grass, in a ground 90% full for every league game, or on a synthetic surface in a ground 60% empty for most league games ?  Agreed we need more quality, but some players aren't realistic targets. 

Mind that time when we almost went into Administration? Clubs on a better footing now. Football may not be at its best but hopefully we can change that. Avoid relegation and the play-off place (I'd be happy with that alone after this season) then a 6th place finish.

Hopefully we can sort ourselves out after that. 

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

Correct. Both Hearts and RC spent money on a striker. We have needed one for a year now... go, spend money and get the lad scoring for fun at Dunfermline. We will lose far more cash if we don't get goals and end up going down.

6 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.

As said elsewhere, some players just won't come to Killie, for various reasons. 

Perhaps if we had a “director of football operations” with some genuine credentials for the role we’d be identifying and signing better than the scraps we are picking up.

1 minute ago, TLC said:

Perhaps if we had a “director of football operations” with some genuine credentials for the role we’d be identifying and signing better than the scraps we are picking up.

What credentials does he need?

He has been a player, a manager, an assistant manager,  he has scouted and signed players, knows the club better than most and been involved at lower level football and one of the largest clubs in Northern England.

I'm curious as to what you expect a head of football operations to have on his CV that makes him more qualified than Fowler or makes Fowler unable to do the role?

1 hour ago, CBFC said:

Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.

Nothing to do with performance, past or future.

You asked the poster the basis for saying we are dealing in freebies and cheap options. 

The only players we have signed this window have been a freebie and a cheap option.

Edited by skygod

6 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

He has been a player, a manager, an assistant manager,  he has scouted and signed players, knows the club better than most and been involved at lower level football and one of the largest clubs in Northern England.

I'm curious as to what you expect a head of football operations to have on his CV that makes him more qualified than Fowler or makes Fowler unable to do the role?

James Fowler knows the game better than most is a fairly big statement to make. Never worked overseas or at a ‘big’ club where he is held responsible for failings. If he hadn’t played for Killie he wouldn’t be in his current role that’s obvious even for the most biased killie fan. 

Edited by DuncD

10 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

He has a brief spell as a manager and was a failure. He was then an assistant manger and failed at Sunderland. 

How well he knows the club is irrelevant.

39 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I think we are, but I think we are trying to get freebies and cheap options 

You mean the way we’ve always done things? All our best signings under Clarke were loans or freebies with mulumbu an exception who by Clarke’s admission was on peanuts.

Dicker sod power Burke broadfoot Findlay brophy Erwin etc etc etc were all freebies or cheap options. 

paying 100k and big wages doesn’t always get a good player, see andy Smith