Mr Bowie

killie billies pal

39 minutes ago, Address2apie said:

Mind that time when we almost went into Administration? Clubs on a better footing now. Football may not be at its best but hopefully we can change that. Avoid relegation and the play-off place (I'd be happy with that alone after this season) then a 6th place finish.

Hopefully we can sort ourselves out after that. 

Administration no don’t remember that enlighten me 

56 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

You mean the way we’ve always done things? All our best signings under Clarke were loans or freebies with mulumbu an exception who by Clarke’s admission was on peanuts.

Dicker sod power Burke broadfoot Findlay brophy Erwin etc etc etc were all freebies or cheap options. 

paying 100k and big wages doesn’t always get a good player, see andy Smith 

Out of your list of players there, who has performed to any high standard for anyone other than Clarke? Findlay is my only answer to that, power and Dicker to an extent but they're certainly not doing it at the moment 

3 hours ago, TLC said:

He has a brief spell as a manager and was a failure. He was then an assistant manger and failed at Sunderland. 

How well he knows the club is irrelevant.

Let's get rid of this pathetic notion that Fowler was a failure as manager.

He took QOS to the playoffs in his 1st season and mid table mediocrity in the 2nd.

That's pretty good for a club of that size

26 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

He took QOS to the playoffs in his 1st season and mid table mediocrity in the 2nd.

He took over part of the way through a season and got a side Jim McIntyre had built into the playoffs.

Having then built a side for the following season he then stank the place out and he was sacked with QOS 19 points off a play off place.

The team got worse under him. He was a complete failure. 

Edited by TLC

1 minute ago, TLC said:

He took over part of the way through a season and got a side Jim McIntyre had built into the playoffs.

Having then built a side for the following season he then stank the place out and he was sacked with QOS 19 points off a play off place.

What was the budget he had compared with that of McIntyre?

3 minutes ago, TLC said:

Part way through the season = September...

1 hour ago, Twonky65 said:

No idea why Barcelona didn’t come calling with stats like that.

He was not a successful manager in the slightest. 

We have 5 days left to improve our team. We cannot go the rest of the season with the squad we have and expect to stay up. We might do but we will be reliant on other teams.  We need in my opinion,a keeper, a midfield playmaker and an experienced striker.  Unfortunately I think our owner is more concerned about his hotel. I would love nothing better than BB proving me wrong.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

We have 5 days left to improve our team. We cannot go the rest of the season with the squad we have and expect to stay up. We might do but we will be reliant on other teams.  We need in my opinion,a keeper, a midfield playmaker and an experienced striker.  Unfortunately I think our owner is more concerned about his hotel. I would love nothing better than BB proving me wrong.

Looks that way

This was going to be the window when we carried out much-needed strengthening of the squad, especially in attack.

JF arrived in mid-November and was to set about deciding targets for the window with AA. Comments were made about not leaving it until the last minute but I think this referred to planning for, rather than signings during, the window.

The decks were cleared early in the window with Sow, Jackson and Millar leaving. I think most people expected signings to be made quickly and maybe PCAs arranged for the summer.

Kiltie returned from Dunfermline while Thomas went the other way. 

Kabamba and Bunn arrived and Frizzell seems to have returned from loan too.

That makes four in and four out. Not exactly a strengthened squad. 

The suspicion was that, in appointing Dyer until the end of the season, the board was confident that we were above relegation threat and could "make do and mend" until the summer. That idea has been well and truly dismissed. 

Seven consecutive league defeats. Two goals scored. Five days left in the window.

Edited by skygod

I was shouted down a couple of weeks ago when I said it was a shambles. I live and breath Killie and that is why it hurts so much. When players take control it never ends well. If the stories are true and one or two are causing unrest then get rid.  We now do not have much time and everyone else is improving 

34 minutes ago, casual observer said:

On the upside, the Park Hotel coffee shop extension is now starting with a 16 week upgrade planned to enhance the offering. So not all doom and gloom............ :(

Bowie paid a fortune to get us out of debt, upgraded the facilities, pumped money in lean months, yes he got the hotel but it wasn't exactly making a fortune. They're upgrading to make it more profitable. See at the end of the day, he can do what he wants with it. We still have a small shareholding so might be beneficial in future. 

If he goes and buys 10 new tankers for his main business we gonna moan about that too?  

People need to get away from the idea of a sugar daddy owner who flings cash at every problem. We've been there done that and were very lucky to not pay the price. There will be soft loans owed to Bowie just now that he has every right to call in if he wants. That could cripple us. 

That being said, there's always room for additional outside investment and folk coming in and buying shares helps.

Of course he can do what he wants with it, it’s his and I don’t begrudge him. So is the football club though and at present he’s not doing a good job with it. My point was around where his priority might lie today versus where we would all like it to be. Right now we are a complete shambles as a football club, no one can argue that since May last year. 

Surely a relegation wouldn't be good for the hotel business? Everything else around a football club relies on success on the pitch. The impact of community work, the hotel, hospitality revenue, all of it will be weakened if we go down. 

Bowie would have to be crazy and no kind of businessman not to know that. At best our Premier status is being risked so something positive has to happen on recruitment and team attitude this week! 

54 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Bowie paid a fortune to get us out of debt, upgraded the facilities, pumped money in lean months, yes he got the hotel but it wasn't exactly making a fortune. They're upgrading to make it more profitable. See at the end of the day, he can do what he wants with it. We still have a small shareholding so might be beneficial in future. 

If he goes and buys 10 new tankers for his main business we gonna moan about that too?  

People need to get away from the idea of a sugar daddy owner who flings cash at every problem. We've been there done that and were very lucky to not pay the price. There will be soft loans owed to Bowie just now that he has every right to call in if he wants. That could cripple us. 

That being said, there's always room for additional outside investment and folk coming in and buying shares helps.

His business is his business but as a shareholder of the football club I would like someone to explain where the money from the Taylor transfer, the SFA compensation and the higher than budgeted league finish has all gone because as far as I can see none of it has been invested in the playing squad. 
I can’t believe that our player wages are higher than they were a year ago.

Something isn’t right. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

His business is his business but as a shareholder of the football club I would like someone to explain where the money from the Taylor transfer, the SFA compensation and the higher than budgeted league finish has all gone because as far as I can see none of it has been invested in the playing squad. 

Something isn’t right. 

The guy does not have a clue to run a football club

48 minutes ago, historyman said:

Something isn’t right. 

I'd imagine the wages are higher for the players who were here last season. All sorts of clauses in contracts that increase money for number of appearances/goals or league position. They can get yearly wage increases same as most companies.

That being said we should have a bit of money sitting unless SFA and Celtic are paying in installments. 

11 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

I'd imagine the wages are higher for the players who were here last season. All sorts of clauses in contracts that increase money for number of appearances/goals or league position. They can get yearly wage increases same as most companies.

If my memory serves me right, Cathy Jamieson pretty much said this at Q&A session with Angelo just before Christmas. 

3 hours ago, Robert said:

I was shouted down a couple of weeks ago when I said it was a shambles. I live and breath Killie and that is why it hurts so much. When players take control it never ends well. If the stories are true and one or two are causing unrest then get rid.  We now do not have much time and everyone else is improving 

Well, you weren't were you?

Three downvotes and four or five posts agreeing with you. You weren't exactly 'cancelled'.

Aside from 'I'm quitting' posts on forums, the 'I was shot down for saying this weeks ago, and look, I'm right' posts have to be some of the most annoying.