Time to rid ourselves of the idea of royalty.

Scooter

At a combined £55 million for Will and Harrys weddings, the royals represent excellent value in a decade of austerity for the taxpaying plebs. 
Charles and Di’s wedding would have cost over a 100m quid in todays money and they had the most successful marriage in the history of modern Britain - so at least the modern royals have downsized with the times.

I used to be a republican, but that was before I forgot Prince Andrew existed with all the wall to wall Harry and Megan f. off on a permanent holiday coverage..

I’ll drive them through the channel tunnel to a destination of there choice . 

Unfortunately they still represent , to a portion of the population, all that was/is  good about the U.K.and it’s empire , so woe betide any political party that attacks them . Hence Sturgeons stance on this. 

If an Independent Scotland were given a referendum on the Monarchy I would like to think we would show them the door but for some reason I'm not sure that would happen. I hope if a referendum comes in the future that I'm totally wrong. There are Independence supporters who believe in the Monarchy for the life of me I'll never understand their reasoning.

It seems you need a complete immunity to irony to become a member of Betty's family. First we had Chas. using his private jet to travel within the UK to attend a conference telling the peasants to reduce emissions. Then we had Wills banging on about the need for increased "diversity" in the UK  just after his mixed race sister in law just folded up her tent and emigrated taking her wean and his brother with her.

On 1/29/2020 at 3:29 PM, EKX16 said:

If an Independent Scotland were given a referendum on the Monarchy I would like to think we would show them the door but for some reason I'm not sure that would happen. I hope if a referendum comes in the future that I'm totally wrong. There are Independence supporters who believe in the Monarchy for the life of me I'll never understand their reasoning.

We do like our referendums up here

5 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

We do like our referendums up here

I know what you mean. The Monarchy is an issue that divides so many people in Scotland and for talking sake if a political party had a working majority in an Independent Scotland and that said party voted in the parliament to become a republic. Would the public want a referendum to decide?