150 years celebrated the killie way

Squirrelhumper

I often wonder if the whole shambles hinged on 1 CQ goal. When they took the lead at RP that night, at that point I genuinely didn't think they would score again. Next thing Findlay misjudges the high ball, (happens.... and I'm not for one minute blaming SF),  pulls their player down and the rest is history.

Imagine if we had lost 1-0 that night and scraped through. Yes there would have been disgruntlement at the performance/result but you can bet you bottom dollar that a good crowd would still have turned up for a game v Partizan the following week. Realistically that wouldn't have been a tie which we expected to win, so at least giving them a game and having had a Euro experience would have bought AA some time.

Rather, his card was well and truly marked from that horrible night onwards, and the wheels probably set in motion to trigger a 6 month clause. Had he had a bit of space and not been under such pressure immediately, we might well have had a better summer window, with the board genuinely backing him. From there a better overall first few months of the season when the general feel good factor could have continued. 

Find it much less likely to believe that he would then have been sacked when he was....and we would have entered this window with his contacts, rather than whatever Fowler/Dyers are. 

We would probably still be sitting around 5th and no doubt more comfortably away from the relegation zone. Who knows, Dyer might have walked as assistant as well, and AA would have been able to bring his own team in.

1 goal.....but what an impact it has ultimately had...

Edited by Jedi2

The two things that are missing from the summary are:

1. Incoming cash way higher than budget with transfer of Taylor, compensation for Clarke and third place finish. Where has it gone? 

2. Appoint someone to Head of Football Operations role who has absolutely no experience in the position

Basically every decision they have been asked to take they have it got wrong 

Just an absolute shambles and the silence from the board tells it's own story. They couldnt keep their mouths shut when it was all going good, constantly in the papers or on the radio or tv. Bowie talking about how he aimed to win the league, now we have a rookie manager and rookie director of football who are both clearly out of their depth. The smallest squad in the league with a stinking attitude problem who think they're better than they are. Lowest scoring team in the league with zero creativity. Some master plan to win the league eh?! Would also be extremely interested in hearing the thinking behind brining back a player who we just released a few months ago after publicly slaughtering "the best manager in the league" and thus completely undermining him and setting the tone for the season and more than likely putting a number of players off signing. And where the f@ck has the increased budget went?1 

Edited by RyanM1869

1 hour ago, historyman said:

1. Incoming cash way higher than budget with transfer of Taylor, compensation for Clarke and third place finish. Where has it gone? 

I may be wrong here, but did SSC decide he was leaving us before the SFA came calling? My information is that he left us without a job and the SFA job came up at an appropriate time. Not sure ANY compensation was paid. However, as I said I may be wrong here.

8 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Broadfoot saying he paid his own Transfer fee, Jim Godwin saying he doesn't know of any fee being paid.

As usual in football, somebody is telling porkies!

I'd imagine its just bad terminology. Broadfoot buys out his own contract is and free to sign for us, therefore there is no fee as JG says and no one is telling porkies.

37 minutes ago, Andy said:

The 2 million for Taylor keeps getting dragged up, personally I am starting to think they ballsed this up too and we haven’t got it all.

Perhaps we have allowed it to be paid by instalments.

I give in.

I don’t think we got as much as is being made out in some quarters and I don’t think we got it in one go. We can say undisclosed fee as much as they want but if any club breaks their transfer record in or out they are shouting about it from the roof top without giving actual numbers. When Phyllis and Cathy were asked directly I thought they looked a bit sheepish and their comments after didn’t fill me with confidence.