Broadfoot

allybee

11 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Bruce told the club at 10.15pm that he wanted to be released when they were signing Broadfoot as he never wanted to play in the same team as him again. Bruce wasnt planning on leaving.

The fact that Dyer "wanted him back from the minute he got the job" shows hes not here as Bruces replacement, hes here because hes pals with the people already at the club. The radio said today Broadfoot wanted to come back to Killie because its easier for him to drop his weans at school in the morning. He has no love for the club. He always has been and always will be a hun from Drongan.

Ha ha given their age, pace and ability they were never going to be playing in same team again anyway.

Yesterday someone who works in the club told me Bruce wanted to be nearer his family and had asked in midweek to be released if we could get a replacement in.

5 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

Ha ha given their age, pace and ability they were never going to be playing in same team again anyway.

Yesterday someone who works in the club told me Bruce wanted to be nearer his family and had asked in midweek to be released if we could get a replacement in.

That could be nearer the truth. But why do people prefer to believe a rumour that puts the club or the player in a bad light.

11 hours ago, piffer said:

Goodwin commented that it was a nominal sum not tens of thousands as some had estimated

Where did you see Goodwin's comment?

When on the phone to Sportsound on Friday night, Goodwin seemed shocked at the suggestion there was ANY transfer fee, never mind Broadfoot paying it

He said if players didn't want to be there, especially older players with no sell on value, then he just got rid

9 minutes ago, Killie Conman said:

Where did you see Goodwin's comment?

When on the phone to Sportsound on Friday night, Goodwin seemed shocked at the suggestion there was ANY transfer fee, never mind Broadfoot paying it

He said if players didn't want to be there, especially older players with no sell on value, then he just got rid

He was on the radio again yesterday pre match. It was after that interview Chick Young and others started suggesting we had tapped the player up

6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's been reported we made the initial approach to St Mirren last Wednesday......

According to Jim Goodwin, the first contact was a phone call on Wednesday afternoon from KB to him, saying that he thought Killie might be interested in signing him and he'd like to be released. 

He must have been reading his fortune in the tea leaves...  

19 minutes ago, Sam said:

I disagree. I would like to think we conduct ourselves in a manner that other clubs respect.

There are enough unscrupulous operators in Scottish football. 

With all due respect I think this is a bit naive. 

players, agents and staff all regularly talk between clubs. There will be feelers put out daily, “this ones no happy, this one is running his contract down, this one hates the new gaffer, he’d sign for you if the opportunity was there” etc etc.....

clubs will then act on this information to generate interest and feedback before making official enquiries 

Playground politics. Wonder if Broadfoot has been ear marked as more of a motivator/ senior pro to do stuff Dyer feels that he might not be able to such as the dirtier/ruthless side. 

As much as I wasn’t happy to see him the only person brought in on deadline day. I think he might benefit us organisation wise/motivating going forward. 

It still doesn’t sit well with me the way he left and the so called players clique etc but football is ruthless. Under Clarke I thought Broadfoot was outstanding after a shaky start under McCulloch. Shame him and the media had it in for Alessio from the start.

It was clever from Dyer putting him on for five minutes while we were winning. Absolutely no need for him but it meant he was eased back in while fans attentions were elsewhere. Had we lost and he started at hearts he would have got pelters most likely.