Broadfoot

allybee

I don't know if Broodfoot would deserve pelters. Looks like he was speaking the truth when he was punted and clearly Dyer wanted him back and he wanted to come back. Not ideal that he was only player brought in , but think it is a decent signing. Could help Findlay with his experience and we need someone to marshal the defence, which he did as soon as he came on. I am quite glad he signed, just wish he wasn't the only one we brought in

48 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

I don't know if Broodfoot would deserve pelters. Looks like he was speaking the truth when he was punted and clearly Dyer wanted him back and he wanted to come back. Not ideal that he was only player brought in , but think it is a decent signing. Could help Findlay with his experience and we need someone to marshal the defence, which he did as soon as he came on. I am quite glad he signed, just wish he wasn't the only one we brought in

He wasn't the only player brought in

1 hour ago, Trojan76 said:

I don't know if Broodfoot would deserve pelters. 

I am quite glad he signed, just wish he wasn't the only one we brought in

Absolutely agree.

Broadfoot doesn't deserve pelters for wanting to come back - even with his backstabbing of AA through that cockroach Jackson in the media.  Doesn't deserve any negative reaction on the park at all.

However if we win against Hearts his week, as great as it would be, the January transfer rage will settle down - and the board/backroom staff have definitely not earned that. 

The fact that AD said 2-3 more after we signed Kabamba and Bunn and Broadfoot is the sum total of our thinking shows a shocking lack of commitment/investment in going for new players.

Edited by dasboag

On 2/1/2020 at 9:40 PM, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Bruce told the club at 10.15pm that he wanted to be released when they were signing Broadfoot as he never wanted to play in the same team as him again. Bruce wasnt planning on leaving.

The fact that Dyer "wanted him back from the minute he got the job" shows hes not here as Bruces replacement, hes here because hes pals with the people already at the club. The radio said today Broadfoot wanted to come back to Killie because its easier for him to drop his weans at school in the morning. He has no love for the club. He always has been and always will be a hun from Drongan.

The timing of this is intriguing.. AB was a major part of the deal to potentially being Rolando Aarons to the club..Clearly that evening the deal is off and surprise surprise Aarons signs with one of the closest geographically placed clubs to Kilmarnock with similar budget.. I’m hoping that Aaron’s doesn’t turn out to be a superstar in this league..

Football fans are a fickle bunch. All is forgiven Kirk. Welcome back. We've forgotten you took the c**t a few months ago. You've now shat on us and St Mirren for your own gains, but that's alright.

Tapping a player is fine. Imagine the reaction here if it was done in reverse.

I've never booed a player and never will, Broadfoot included.

I'll wait for the incoming red thumbs down. 

Kirk Broadfoot has vowed to win over the Rugby Park faithful who didn’t want him back by getting Kilmarnock back up the table.

The experienced defender arrived back in Ayrshire on deadline day just five months after he had controversially quit for St Mirren.

Broadfoot back then, in a frank and honest interview with Record Sport, admitted he could no longer work under Angelo Alessio.

His words upset a lot of the Killie faithful and many believe that was the beginning of the end for the under-fire Italian who was sacked after just five months.

Former No. 2 Alex Dyer has now stepped up and in the final days of the last window he moved to bring Broadfoot back.

Broadfoot said: “It seems to be the case that whenever I go to a club I always have to win people over.

"I know there are some Kilmarnock fans who didn’t want me back but all I can do is to do what I have always done through my career by going out and giving 100 per cent for the team.

The bottom line is that I never wanted to leave Kilmarnock in the first place but I felt I had to.

“I know a lot of Kilmarnock fans will be sitting reading this and claiming I am just saying it, but I can say 100 per cent that is not the case!

“I genuinely never wanted to leave the club.

“We achieved so much in my first spell at Kilmarnock, under Steve Clarke, that it was always going to be hard just to walk away.

“I just felt that it wasn’t right just to stick around when I felt things weren’t right.

"I never criticised the club when I left I just gave my own reasons why I felt I had to leave.”

The 35-year-old also admitted he only went public because he hoped it would be a catalyst for change - not the manager but more for Alessio to adapt his methods to get the best out of his Kilmarnock squad.

Broadfoot insisted: “I did an interview at the time and it wasn’t to have a pop at the previous manager.

"It was more to help my old team mates.

“They were hurting and frustrated as well.

“I wasn’t the only one but I decided enough was enough and to move on.

“I took a lot of stick for what I said but I was only giving my reasons why I had decided to leave.

"I hoped that Angelo might change things to get the best out of what was a talented bunch of boys he had at Kilmarnock.

“We all knew the team should have been doing a lot better than it was.”

Broadfoot is also adamant he took no satisfaction from Alessio’s premature departure in December. He does believe that the club made the right decision in appointing Dyer as his successor.

The Killie veteran claimed: “Alex was a huge influence under Steve Clarke and he took a lot of the training.

He knows what we can do and how the boys respond to him and respect him.

“He is a top coach and he will also be a top manager.

“When Alex came in for me that was another big reason in my decision to come back to Kilmarnock.

“When Alex took over it was going to take time.

“The boys are getting to terms with what he wants, his training and how he works.

“You can see we are going in the right direction and we still have the core of the squad that was so successful last season along with a few new faces who can all add something.

“I am confident that we will soon be looking up rather than down.”

There was a fair bit of disappointment in the St Mirren camp when Broadfoot decided to leave a quarter of a way through a two year contract.

He has thanked Buddies boss Jim Goodwin and technical director Gus MacPherson for not standing in his way.

Broadfoot said: “It wasn’t an easy decision because I had a good relationship with Jim Goodwin, Gus MacPherson and everyone at St Mirren.

“When Kilmarnock made contact with St Mirren and then I spoke to my agent I knew deep down that I wanted to go back.

“Everybody was great at St Mirren and really good to me but I just felt it was right to go back to Kilmarnock.”

(Daily Record)

49 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The Killie veteran claimed: “Alex was a huge influence under Steve Clarke and he took a lot of the training.

He knows what we can do and how the boys respond to him and respect him.

“He is a top coach and he will also be a top manager.

“When Alex came in for me that was another big reason in my decision to come back to Kilmarnock.

“When Alex took over it was going to take time.

The boys are getting to terms with what he wants, his training and how he works.

Is this not contradictory?

8 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Decent interview by KB , post cup tie and praising the killie fans both for the amount who made the trip and the vocal backing for the team throughout the game

The fans were excellent yesterday, considering weather conditions. 

He knows there are Killie fans who dont want him back, so hes obviously going to be kissing arse.

Don't believe a word he says. 

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

The fans were excellent yesterday, considering weather conditions. 

He knows there are Killie fans who dont want him back, so hes obviously going to be kissing arse.

Don't believe a word he says. 

To summarise his press statement when rejoining St Mirren;

“ I’m glad to be back at St Mirren. Hopefully I can finish my career where it began and I think that’s what will happen”.

Obviously, Saints are the only team he ever wanted to play for. The disappointing and embarrassing things about Kirk are that if he could just keep his mouth shut and do his talking on the park, then most people would accept him. 

1 hour ago, skygod said:

It’s embarrassing that folk get worked up about such a thing. 

I’m not getting worked up. I have no issues with KB returning. If he brings confidence back into the team and helps unite the dressing room then great. That’s what every supporter wants. My point is that he needs to think before he speaks publicly. He’s embarrassing himself if he doesn’t.