Our Owner

cammy2012

Couple of weeks back I started a topic titled Messiah or Charlatan. I withdrew it because the word Charlatan was inappropriate and wrong. I apologise. Whilst I recognise that BB's intervention in Killie steadied what appeared to be a sinking ship, I genuinely am concerned about his competence regarding football matters and his commitment going forward.  Why did John Kiltie & the other Director resign?

4 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Couple of weeks back I started a topic titled Messiah or Charlatan. I withdrew it because the word Charlatan was inappropriate and wrong. I apologise. Whilst I recognise that BB's intervention in Killie steadied what appeared to be a sinking ship, I genuinely am concerned about his competence regarding football matters and his commitment going forward.  Why did John Kiltie & the other Director resign?

Quite simple, they could not work with Big Balls Billy Bowie who said that it was his ball and no one else was playing.

9 hours ago, bizza_89 said:

His competence regarding football matters should be a non issue. As the head of the club, his role is to ensure competent people are in place to carry out their duties. Bowie knows fine well he isn’t qualified in football matters - and that is why he scoured the earth and left no stone unturned in search of the perfect Head of Football Operations. He found this in James Fowler. A man about who Bowie said, “James’ experience for the role is second to none”...

Second to none? Sorry. What?

Zero contacts and zero experience scouting players. Grossly unqualified. F**king hell Billy! Next time I see one of your Tankers I’ll wonder if the c*nt driving has a license.

The bit that baffles me with Fowler is that we obviously targeted his knowledge gained of players in league 1.

His manager from those days, jack ross, obviously has the same contacts and saw the same players, is employed by a club in our division who can pay 5 times what we can, play on grass in front of bigger crowds and in a nice city. 

Know which club i'd choose.

Mind blowing decision. 

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

The bit that baffles me with Fowler is that we obviously targeted his knowledge gained of players in league 1.

His manager from those days, jack ross, obviously has the same contacts and saw the same players, is employed by a club in our division who can pay 5 times what we can, play on grass in front of bigger crowds and in a nice city. 

Know which club i'd choose.

Mind blowing decision. 

Of course players from League One will choose Hibs over Killie, especially given the mess we are in - but Hibs can't sign everybody. There must be others that were available yet we have got no one. Clarke signed loads of players on loan from England and he had been out of the game for a while.

If the idea behind bringing Fowler in was that he had good contacts in England then it has clearly failed.

6 minutes ago, Pablo said:

The simple fact is Billy has lost interest in being a football chairman. He really can’t be arsed with the hassle the job entails. Any sack the board protests that arise will be just the excuse he wants to rid himself of the millstone round his neck.  

Is this founded on any actual facts, or are you just assuming things and bumping your gums

11 hours ago, bizza_89 said:

His competence regarding football matters should be a non issue. As the head of the club, his role is to ensure competent people are in place to carry out their duties. Bowie knows fine well he isn’t qualified in football matters - and that is why he scoured the earth and left no stone unturned in search of the perfect Head of Football Operations. He found this in James Fowler. A man about who Bowie said, “James’ experience for the role is second to none”...

Zero contacts and zero experience scouting players. Grossly unqualified. F**king hell Billy! Next time I see one of your Tankers I’ll wonder if the c*nt driving has a license.

I think we can safely substitute "second" with "next"......

Towards the end of the MJ era there were supposed to be investors who may come in if MJ was not here, these investors never materialised.

Is it

a) because the chance of getting a share in the hotel has gone

b) they do not want to work with the current board (as was the case with the two board members who resigned).

or

c) they were never there in the first place.

I worry that the current board are, as someone else said, so used to making the decisions in their own businesses, no one wants to come in, as a board of 5 would be I think more beneficial to the club, with the additional 2 also having a reasonable stake in the club.

With MJ we had someone taking 7 figures out a struggling club and half hotel while putting in nothing.

BB has financially contributed to the club and tried to do the right things. We need to accept he has made mistakes but for trying the right thing. 

We could do with someone experienced at the helm in the managers seat or DOF role to support him. 

6 minutes ago, GCM said:

Towards the end of the MJ era there were supposed to be investors who may come in if MJ was not here, these investors never materialised.

Is it

b) they do not want to work with the current board (as was the case with the two board members who resigned).

or

I worry that the current board are, as someone else said, so used to making the decisions in their own businesses, no one wants to come in, as a board of 5 would be I think more beneficial to the club, with the additional 2 also having a reasonable stake in the club.

Iirc investors wanted to buy MJ’s shares. If they’d bought them they could implement any changes they wanted. If you invest in the club now, you have an opportunity to convince BB your ideas are for the best, but at the end of the day he can spend your investment any way he likes. Which opportunity do you think is more attractive to potential investors?

4 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Iirc investors wanted to buy MJ’s shares. If they’d bought them they could implement any changes they wanted. If you invest in the club now, you have an opportunity to convince BB your ideas are for the best, but at the end of the day he can spend your investment any way he likes. Which opportunity do you think is more attractive to potential investors?

That is my fear, very few are likely to come in and assist which makes BB the only option at present. 

16 minutes ago, seedsy said:

Is this founded on any actual facts, or are you just assuming things and bumping your gums

Take it any way you want champ. The guys a multi millionaire, it’s years of this s**te or f**king off to the holiday villa and letting some other mug have all the fun. I know what I’d prefer and deep down you agree with me. 

11 hours ago, bizza_89 said:

Outstanding post.

19 minutes ago, GCM said:

Is it

or

Or D) They canny knock Rugby park down and build houses and rehome us where the college is

24 minutes ago, GCM said:

Is it

or

By 4pm one of them might have taken a small junior side to the scottish cup QF and had a lot more appreciation and fun doing so than if he was involved in the current shambles at RP.

13 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Something that is fact is that BB is not actually a football fan. He sees Killie as a community project first and foremost. Don’t know how that affects anything, but it’s true.

He is a football fan. Always has been. From his primary school days onwards he played. By his own admittance he never set the heather on fire. More a kick about after school on the red blaze at Strandhead  Park than actual playing for Stewarton Annick or any of the other youth teams. His younger brother Douglas who you will see about the club never had an interest in sport never mind football. His interest in football would start when his brother bought into the club and not before. His other brother Kenny, Douglas’s twin is a football fan and attends the games when he can. He doesn’t stay local and hasn’t for many years. 
I truly believe that Billy invested in the club for all the right reasons, including the community. I doubt he has any intention of walking away, he’s in it for the long term, with his son and heir taking over at some point.