Where has all the money gone

Killie wanderer

Extra money for Celtic getting into group stages last season

extra money for finishing 3rd in the league 

extra money for sac leaving

Extra money for more bums on seats 

extra money for Taylor leaving 

extra money for the young lad going to Man City 

so the playing side of the club has seen not one iota of this extra money (unless all the players got massive pay rises) 

So where on earth has all this extra money went or did the sports bar cost a fortune to renovate? 

1 minute ago, Silent Bob said:

You tell me, you said it’s gone.

I’ve seen this ‘where has it gone’ comment numerous times on here. It doesn’t need to have gone anywhere.

So the club are in free fall (or haven’t you noticed) other teams around us have strengthened. We have our weakest squad in seasons but we can rest assure as we have money in the bank 

wonder how long that will last when we are In the championship with lower advertising revenue, tv money, prize money, Lower killie fan attendances, no old firm games etc  

3 hours ago, Killie wanderer said:

Extra money for Celtic getting into group stages last season

extra money for finishing 3rd in the league 

extra money for sac leaving

Extra money for more bums on seats 

extra money for Taylor leaving 

extra money for the young lad going to Man City 

so the playing side of the club has seen not one iota of this extra money (unless all the players got massive pay rises) 

So where on earth has all this extra money went or did the sports bar cost a fortune to renovate? 

New pitch; stadium renovations; employing Alessio and coterie; sacking Alessio and coterie; walked all over by Celtic in cheapo Taylor transfer; couple of minor signings; minimal income so run at a deficit. 

My assumption is that there is no extra money; just the kind of activity that keeps us afloat and fulfilling fixtures until someone comes in for our next £600k+ departure to keep things going. I assume Findlay, but you never know. 

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

New pitch; stadium renovations; employing Alessio and coterie; sacking Alessio and coterie; walked all over by Celtic in cheapo Taylor transfer; couple of minor signings; minimal income so run at a deficit. 

My assumption is that there is no extra money; just the kind of activity that keeps us afloat and fulfilling fixtures until someone comes in for our next £600k+ departure to keep things going. I assume Findlay, but you never know. 

Was it not reported the pitch cost £500k

Was aa on more money than ssc? 

apparently there was a 6 month break clause on both sides so sacking wouldn’t have cost money 

walked  all over by Celtic - would  have cost us not one iota? 

minor signings? - more players have left the club than cane in since last summer 

I agree most would have went on running the club but the items I’ve mentioned were things we couldn’t have  budgeted  for 

3 hours ago, Killie wanderer said:

So you know for definite the money is still there?

if my house was falling down I’m damn sure I would do everything I could to fix it 

And you know absolutely f**k all, by why let that get in the way of nonsensical speculation. 

Maybe we gave the money to ISIS.

11 minutes ago, Travis said:

Has the club not been running at a loss (excluding transfer income) for several seasons? We don't have an overdraft facility so presumably this has been bankrolled by Bowie. 

It's possible that he has called in some of this debt, in addition to all of the expenses you have outlined. 

The loss in income from only giving the Old Firm one stand also has to be factored in..

4 minutes ago, Killie wanderer said:

I agree most would have went on running the club but the items I’ve mentioned were things we couldn’t have  budgeted  for 

They all cost money when we have very little, so I’d be stunned if there was a big pot of money left. Remember that we go through a ‘Killie on the brink’ story every few years, so incomings just move that date slightly further away each time rather than providing a big pot to suddenly start investing big money on players. 

A few thousand customers every few weeks for nine months of the year isn’t exactly a model for a booming business. 

4 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Has the club not been running at a loss (excluding transfer income) for several seasons? We don't have an overdraft facility so presumably this has been bankrolled by Bowie. 

It's possible that he has called in some of this debt, in addition to all of the expenses you have outlined. 

The loss in income from only giving the Old Firm one stand also has to be factored in..

the old firm issue cant be counted as a loss. The income isnt used at the start of the season. Dont think we count that within the budget. We also got 500k from europa. Our highest earning players left so we have their wages (boyd/mulumbu) so we haven't spent that money. Bowie said at start of the season he was increasing wage budget. If that was true where are the players. Certainly the ones I've seen this season wont be earning more than boyd was

6 minutes ago, Travis said:

They all cost money when we have very little, so I’d be stunned if there was a big pot of money left. Remember that we go through a ‘Killie on the brink’ story every few years, so incomings just move that date slightly further away each time rather than providing a big pot to suddenly start investing big money on players. 

A few thousand customers every few weeks for nine months of the year isn’t exactly a model for a booming business. 

I agree there won’t be a big pot of money but the killie on the brink story could be coming closer if we get relegated 

1 minute ago, Killie wanderer said:

I agree there won’t be a big pot of money but the killie on the brink story could be coming closer if we get relegated 

At 25/1 if we all stick a tenner on we could club together and buy the club in the Championship. 

Of course we’d all then spend five or six seasons arguing over who was in charge and then slaughter them for getting ideas above their station. 

45 minutes ago, Killie wanderer said:

Was it not reported the pitch cost £500k

Was aa on more money than ssc? 

apparently there was a 6 month break clause on both sides so sacking wouldn’t have cost money 

walked  all over by Celtic - would  have cost us not one iota? 

minor signings? - more players have left the club than cane in since last summer 

You need to remember we run at a loss every year, all the unplanned cash keeps our head above water and allowed investment in the stuff listed. 

We also no longer have access to overdraft facilities, so theres always going to be a need to keep reserves for the years we dont sell players/ have cup runs.