1965 shirts

Thirdwatch1965

1 hour ago, CB said:

Be interesting to see if we've been nobbled by the court of the lord lyon, for the others that would get badged up. Or, if the 150 run is enough to make it acquiesce to us making our retro shirts as retro replicas.

As I see it, it wouldn’t involve the Lord Lyon as it would not be a newly-created crest. 

It would be a replica of one which he has already vetoed (on the grounds that it incorporates the town cost of arms, for new readers). 

There is no intention to use the crest going forward so nothing, if you like, to which the Lord Lyon could object. 

I agree with you that it’s just creating more - albeit a small number - of something which he doesn’t like, and he can gurn and bear it.

Interesting point though!  

17 hours ago, Lroy said:

More on the website either tomorrow or Monday but the 65 shirt will be the first in a line of retro shirts. £50 a shirt, 150 available. It'll come in a commemorative box too.

Why do they limit these things? We might not sell thousands but surely if ye want one ye should have the chance. 

4 hours ago, Lroy said:

That bird s**te one went for £120 on eBay last week.

Yes I was flushed on pretty early on that one!

The only killie memorabilia I’ve seen on eBay recently that topped that was a signed 1965 squad pic. These rarely come up signed by everyone so I went all in. I’ll donate it to the club when I pop off...

There was also a signed match ball from Real v Killie (signed by Real) but totally unverified and they were asking 4 figures.

Edited by NorfolkG