Aberdeen Away - Scottish Cup

fmcc

On the negative side - how much has the two games taken out the legs of Burkey, Power & Dicker? And if Findlay not fit we miss our best defender ( by a distance) and pace too. 

On the positive side- we’re well placed to end a bad run against them with our confidence up, their midfield is nowhere near the strength of old, Cosgrove’s goals have dried up, and Logan’s still a wee antagonising prick!

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

On the negative side - how much has the two games taken out the legs of Burkey, Power & Dicker? And if Findlay not fit we miss our best defender ( by a distance) and pace too. 

On the positive side- we’re well placed to end a bad run against them with our confidence up, their midfield is nowhere near the strength of old, Cosgrove’s goals have dried up, and Logan’s still a wee antagonising prick!

At least we have some first choice centre halfs for this visit!

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

It’s a tough run of games for our older players, especially with another midweek game to come. 
They should plan one of these for later in the year with the expectation that there will be no Scottish teams left in Europe. 

1 hour ago, cedricdragon said:

Is Pittodrie within reasonable walking distance from Train Station?

20 minutes in the freezing North Sea wind in your coupon.

but the train station is opposite the bus station but of union square and you could get a bus Nearer or doa few pubs along the way.  Alternative taxi to coronas which is a lot nearer 

9 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

20 minutes in the freezing North Sea wind in your coupon.

but the train station is opposite the bus station but of union square and you could get a bus Nearer or doa few pubs along the way.  Alternative taxi to coronas which is a lot nearer 

It’s an easy walk down union street and then along King Street, 20 mins is about right but there’s decent stops along the way for a pint. Brewdog, Archies then the Pittodrie bar which is 5 mins walk from the ground and a decent busy wee boozer on match days. 
Reckon above post should be *Codonas. That’s still a 5/10 min walk but along the front where you really will be exposed to the North Sea wind!

Until we actually beat this mob I'm not getting my hopes up. Yes we are going into this on a good run of two wins, they haven't scored this year, fans are unhappy but we all know how football works. Hopefully I'm wrong but you just know this is the game Cosgrove has a blinder or we lose a stupid goal. Give away a daft penalty etc. Hope I'm wrong because a win at Pittodrie would make my year.

I'm worn down by the optimism before the game about how they are there for the taking and they aren't a good team only for the game to happen and we lose... Again

Edited by kfc_superteam

3 hours ago, fmcc said:

It’s an easy walk down union street and then along King Street, 20 mins is about right but there’s decent stops along the way for a pint. Brewdog, Archies then the Pittodrie bar which is 5 mins walk from the ground and a decent busy wee boozer on match days. 
Reckon above post should be *Codonas. That’s still a 5/10 min walk but along the front where you really will be exposed to the North Sea wind!

Is the Pittodrie bar ok if you've wearing your Killie colours? Last time I went, I made my way through town and finished off at the Saltoun which is a short walk to the away end.

17 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

50mph winds forecast for 3 pm on Saturday in Aberdeen, should suit their silky on the floor football

Nearer 60mph in the forecast now. Blowing from the South so should be behind our stand and across the ground. Snow last time we were there in the Cup, gale force winds this time, what next ?