Michael Stewart on Sportsound Last Night

Nobody

Getting absolutely wired into Jabba and the toxic incestuous relationship with Scottish tabloid newspapers.

A good listen but I don't have a link.

The compere of the show sounded like he was completely s**tting himself that Stewart was shifting the agenda round, away from deflecting heat away from the Crazy Frog and SevCo and on to why newspapers are taking direct instruction from Jabba..

15 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I loathe how sportscene and the BBC pander to the orcs by reading out parts of Gerrard’s interviews as he won’t talk to them directly. Just say the rangers manager refused to comment or get someone on helium or a clown to read out his comments and get them to honk their clown horn at the end of each sentence. Just show them up for the idiots they are. 

Wish I could give this more than one greenie. Almost choked on my lunch!

State of this scouse c**t.

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard hopes the racial slurs Alfredo Morelos says he has been subjected to will not drive the striker out of Scottish football.
Morelos said he has experienced racism both on and off the pitch in Scotland and his manager says the situation should be a national embarrassment.
The Colombia forward has 28 goals in 37 games for Rangers this season and has been frequently linked with a move.
"He makes the league a lot more exciting, so I hope not," Gerrard said.
"I know he feels strongly about these issues. My advice to Alfredo is to continue to be strong - we're here for him if he needs that support - and to continue to do what he does best, which is scoring goals and making our supporters happy."
Gerrard has pledged to back any player subjected to abuse, and feels it reflects badly on Scotland that racism remains an issue, with Aberdeen defender Shay Logan having been targeted with slurs on social media on Sunday.
"We always support, on or off the pitch," Gerrard said. "Certainly if they are feeling they are suffering from abuse in the stands, we're always there 100 per cent for our players.
"And we're always there to support other players that maybe are on the end of it as well.
"It seems as if racism is still a problem, certainly in this country. I've been one who has been very vocal in terms of saying we all have to keep doing what we need to do to eradicate it, because it's bang out of order.
"That's not me just supporting my own players, that's across the board. It's very disappointing that we're talking about situations like this in this day and age. It's embarrassing really."
Rangers host Hibernian on Wednesday night after suffering another setback in the Scottish Premiership title race with a 0-0 draw at home to Aberdeen on Saturday.
It was the second time in a week Gerrard's team dropped points and leaves them seven points behind Celtic with a game in hand, but the manager is is urging his players to "stick together".
"We realise we're not in our best form but it's very important we don't listen to the outside noise because there's emotions there, there's people who are paid to give an opinion on how we're playing," he said.
"We'll keeping doing what we do and get back to our best quicker than people believe."

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

I loathe how sportscene and the BBC pander to the orcs by reading out parts of Gerrard’s interviews as he won’t talk to them directly. Just say the rangers manager refused to comment or get someone on helium or a clown to read out his comments and get them to honk their clown horn at the end of each sentence. Just show them up for the idiots they are. 

SPFL should fine them every week they don't cooperate with broadcasting partners. 

Or simply dock an amount from their payments. 

Has there been any racist abuse towards Morelos? I haven't been aware of any, not sure where this all came from all of a sudden. It appears thats because Michael Stewart is correct.

He does get his fair share of abuse, due to his behaviour e.g. his gesture against us when he scored, but it's certainly not because he is black. 

In his interview he said it is affecting his family, probably not as much as sleeping with other women whilst his missus is pregnant I would guess.

As mentioned above, it is just a case of deflect deflect deflect from Rangers, and give them an easy get out when they sell him for considerably less than the pie-in-the-sky valuation that they have been banding around for a while.

BTW used to work with the presenter of Sportsound last night many years ago -- he was then a dyed in the wool supporter of the team from ipox

Stewart is usually one of the few "pundits" that is worth listening to --- he and traynor have had run ins for years -----bit ironic that the  former "journalist" Traynor often said on Radio should be balance to stories yet is now getting paid fair wad of money to peddle out paranoid nonsense

I thought Stewart missed the mark a bit by focusing on Traynor. Both Celtic and Sevco are playing a tit for tat game trying to gain the upper hand, although Sevco have become more desperate since their title chance is slipping away. I hate Morelos because he is a diver and has a habit of scoring against us, nothing to do with race. They've probably used this latest outburst to get their moronic fans used to the idea that he is being driven away and has to leave, rather than they need to sell him for purely financial reasons. 

57 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

SPFL should fine them every week they don't cooperate with broadcasting partners. 

Or simply dock an amount from their payments. 

I don't understand why the SPFL let them away with it. Surely they have a contractual obligation to media partners which if they don't adhere to they are either fined or have prize money withheld.  Similarly as mentioned I don't get the BBC reporting on comments given to other media outlets. For home games at Ibrox they should simply state the match score and nothing else.That would focus minds and resolve the problem or make them out to be the pathetic outfit they are.  

3 hours ago, Graeme S said:

I don't understand why the SPFL let them away with it. Surely they have a contractual obligation to media partners which if they don't adhere to they are either fined or have prize money withheld.  Similarly as mentioned I don't get the BBC reporting on comments given to other media outlets. For home games at Ibrox they should simply state the match score and nothing else.That would focus minds and resolve the problem or make them out to be the pathetic outfit they are.  

I think its the BBC who boycott Sevco, due to the fact they banned one of their reporters and won’t reinstate him.

SportSound is so past its best it’s painful. Try to avoid it whenever possible; used to love it.

Too many major negatives to list. Michael Stewart is about the only positive. I don’t always agree with his views but I never doubt his passion of his motives.

I’d have him in a really senior role in the game, rather than hung out to dry by a bunch of cowards.

Edited by NorfolkG