Credit where due

Guff92

To James Fowler.

The signings we brought in look good so far. The decision to swap Kiltie with Thomas might prove to be the correct decision too, fingers crossed. 

If we tie down the performers to long term contracts and add another 2/3 in the summer we will look tidy next season. 

Fair play to James doing this interview and clearing a few things up. Certainly sounds like it wasn’t for the want of trying on deadline day to get players in. Hopefully we can get a couple of decent free additions in, finish the season well and go into the summer prepared to do our business in a timely manner 

He looks pretty angry - not relaxed at all, I would say.

It seems that they understand the frustration of fans expecting much-needed signings to be announced, only to end up with Broadfoot in, and Bruce and Wilson going out on the day.

Anyway, we are where we are until the summer and the planning has started.

Hmm. 

Very pleased that the club have listened to that fans and provided an explanation. 

But it sounds like a lot of naivety cost us. Pretty clear reading between the lines that Wilson went out because Tish was thought to be done and dusted. Dangerous game to play which might be costly. 

"I don't think we were competing with other clubs for players" seems to be presented as a positive - why? Plenty of the players others got in on loan or signed would be useful, why weren't we in for these guys. 

Sounds like they are learning and will learn from last week - but very frustrating. 

Good to hear that the next stage is offering contracts. 

Good interview but, not surprisingly, no mention of our involvement on Broadfoot returning. Obviously not comfortable commenting on it.

Seems to have a long term plan for recruitment which is good to hear. Can't blame Tishbola for choosing Portugal over Kilmarnock. 

At least people can now stop the obsession on Mulumbu coming back. It was clear weeks ago he wasn't interested. 

Also, what the f**k is that all about calling him Broaders? Give me a f**king break!

My general anger with our transfer dealings has somewhat calmed, and this is a great interview, exactly what the fans are needing.

Interesting to hear Tish was basically signed then jumped ship Friday, these type of things happen and better to hear that, than us not being in for anyone.

Sounds as presumed like a tough window, but if Bamba keeps this up in turn with Brophy getting back to himself, this window will have been a success regardless of the other signings.

Credit where it’s due to the media team and Fowler for that interview. 

However, a few things I’d like to question. 

He mentions that, yet again, it was a tough window for us with us losing out on certain players. I’d like someone to probe a bit more and try and answer why we seem to have lost out on so many players in the last few windows. 

I also don’t know if I really agree about Fowler’s feelings regarding deadline day. He mentions that fans were frustrated and that he understands the frustrations however he felt we done our business early but I just feel that’s missing the point a bit. Yes, we signed kabamba and bunn earlier in the window but a lot of the frustrations imo came from the fact that we finished the window woefully short of quality in several areas. Not just a case of ‘ah we didn’t sign a big name on deadline day’. 

I also don’t really agree with the narrative coming out of the club that our youth academy has been majorly successful over the years. Taylor aside, we haven’t really produced an outstanding youth player in years. The fact that Naismith was the example mentioned by Gav kind of highlights that point. When you compare our youth products to teams like Dundee United, Motherwell, Hamilton etc we are quite a bit behind imo. 

Good to hear from James Fowler ----can only hope we see benefits and not further problems going forward 

for someone not experienced in that role he came into a club with seemingly a number of ongoing issues that had not been fixed or allowed to fester for too long that direct action needed to be done ---- would assume as part of his remit in first few weeks was to identify the issues and report back -- we then saw the departure of AA 

the ongoing problem is still we were told by the Board after the summer fiasco's that lessons would be learned and hopefully not happen again but the January window has shown there is till a lot to be learned again

Motherwell have been producing players for the last 5 years.. Not scared about flinging them out on the pitch. How do players know they're good enough.. By doing it on loan to dunfermline etc.. Poor policy from the club imo. Wilson is a prime example. He has more than what it takes to compete if not start for us every week

6 minutes ago, Dcktid91 said:

Motherwell have been producing players for the last 5 years.. Not scared about flinging them out on the pitch. How do players know they're good enough.. By doing it on loan to dunfermline etc.. Poor policy from the club imo. Wilson is a prime example. He has more than what it takes to compete if not start for us every week

I agree. Look at how many players St Mirren have coming through the youth system. Half of their team have come through the ranks along with the ones who have gone on to play at a higher level. 

A number of teams have a better success rate than us.

We should take chance on the boys.