Credit where due

Guff92

Difficult time to be interviewed so well done to the Fow.

He was never going to be asked the most direct questions but he covered everything pretty well

More of this in future from behind the scenes - in the lead up to key dates as well as after - and there won't be the hysteria of Thurs/Fri.

Visibility and a level of transparency is everything here.

Just now, Sam said:

Why should he not be asked the most direct questions?

It's part of his job. 

Club TV won’t ask those questions. That’s more for the press. Not ideal if an employee bad mouths another employee on the clubs media outlets after questions from a third employee

2 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Credit where it’s due to the media team and Fowler for that interview. 

However, a few things I’d like to question. 

He mentions that, yet again, it was a tough window for us with us losing out on certain players. I’d like someone to probe a bit more and try and answer why we seem to have lost out on so many players in the last few windows. 

I also don’t know if I really agree about Fowler’s feelings regarding deadline day. He mentions that fans were frustrated and that he understands the frustrations however he felt we done our business early but I just feel that’s missing the point a bit. Yes, we signed kabamba and bunn earlier in the window but a lot of the frustrations imo came from the fact that we finished the window woefully short of quality in several areas. Not just a case of ‘ah we didn’t sign a big name on deadline day’. 

I also don’t really agree with the narrative coming out of the club that our youth academy has been majorly successful over the years. Taylor aside, we haven’t really produced an outstanding youth player in years. The fact that Naismith was the example mentioned by Gav kind of highlights that point. When you compare our youth products to teams like Dundee United, Motherwell, Hamilton etc we are quite a bit behind imo. 

Totally agree Hamilton consistently produce good young players. Motherwell in the last 18 Mt's have found some crackers. 

3 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Folk wanted transparency and we've got that now. Good interview. Shame that tish was basically tied up and decided to go to portugal. 

JF admitting they knew Tish was becoming a free agent so the club didn't rush it throu, opting to waiting till the Friday.

Hopefully lessons learned and we show more urgency in the future or risk a repeat...... 

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, mitch14 said:

Hmm. 

Very pleased that the club have listened to that fans and provided an explanation. 

But it sounds like a lot of naivety cost us. Pretty clear reading between the lines that Wilson went out because Tish was thought to be done and dusted. Dangerous game to play which might be costly. 

"I don't think we were competing with other clubs for players" seems to be presented as a positive - why? Plenty of the players others got in on loan or signed would be useful, why weren't we in for these guys. 

Sounds like they are learning and will learn from last week - but very frustrating. 

Good to hear that the next stage is offering contracts. 

The idea that we are not competing with other clubs for players is certainly naive. 
If that’s the case their agents aren’t doing their jobs properly.

And why say that when what happened with Tish was exactly that. 

Edited by historyman

2 hours ago, skygod said:

He looks pretty angry - not relaxed at all, I would say.

It seems that they understand the frustration of fans expecting much-needed signings to be announced, only to end up with Broadfoot in, and Bruce and Wilson going out on the day.

Anyway, we are where we are until the summer and the planning has started.

I got that impression to, by the look on his face, at the very start of the interview tbh.....

Quite surprised that the anger of the other day is suddenly gone from this interview.

One thing that stood out for me;

Tshibola reached out to him, stating an interest in coming back. 

Fowler and the club 'knew he was becoming a free agent so it wasn't a massive rush to get him signed on Friday'.

That reads to me that Fowler didn't show any urgency to get the deal done and Tish went elsewhere to a club who did.

In what world is his agent only talking to one club? That shows his inexperience imo.

Whether you think he would have been a good signing or not, this doesn't make us look good.

1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

Quite surprised that the anger of the other day is suddenly gone from this interview.

One thing that stood out for me;

Tshibola reached out to him, stating an interest in coming back. 

Fowler and the club 'knew he was becoming a free agent so it wasn't a massive rush to get him signed on Friday'.

That reads to me that Fowler didn't show any urgency to get the deal done and Tish went elsewhere to a club who did.

In what world is his agent only talking to one club? That shows his inexperience imo.

Whether you think he would have been a good signing or not, this doesn't make us look good.

My take on the Tish situation as Fowler stated they had it all agreed and were waiting for him to fly into the country on Friday to complete the paperwork. Clearly his agent saw an opportunity to make some extra cash and agreed the deal with Aves. nobody's word appears to be their bond anymore.

19 minutes ago, superfan said:

My take on the Tish situation as Fowler stated they had it all agreed and were waiting for him to fly into the country on Friday to complete the paperwork. Clearly his agent saw an opportunity to make some extra cash and agreed the deal with Aves. nobody's word appears to be their bond anymore.

Agreed, would be amazed the decision wasn't driven by money.