Credit where due

Guff92

49 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Exacrtly, he has probably known Broadfoot for years, grown up playing with and against him at various levels, calling him "Broaders" isn't an issue and is just an example of nit picking IMO

Thanks for explaining that. 

41 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

That reads to me that Fowler didn't show any urgency to get the deal done and Tish went elsewhere to a club who did.

Or tish has went to a club who has offered more money in Portugal. Fowler has said we agreed the finances of the deal

Edited by ki11ie

52 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Not bothered about 'missing out' on Tish. My only concern about that episode would be if it's true we let Wilson go on back of promises made by Tish. 

Still think Wilson could end up being the better player. 

Same tbh. 

Tish was a passenger for 90% of the games he played for us, and that's when we were playing well. Can't imagine how infuriating his lackadaisical style would be when you need people to dig deep and provide a performance. 

Bunn was a dyer contact. Tish, mulumbu and broadfoot all ex players who presumably were all still in contact with dyer. I'll give fowler the benefit of the doubt and guess that Kabamba was sourced through north east contact from his short stint at Sunderland. 

Yes he answers some questions well but questions still remain about his contacts and ability to sell the club to targets. 

10 minutes ago, Night hawk said:

Bunn was a dyer contact. Tish, mulumbu and broadfoot all ex players who presumably were all still in contact with dyer. I'll give fowler the benefit of the doubt and guess that Kabamba was sourced through north east contact from his short stint at Sunderland. 

Yes he answers some questions well but questions still remain about his contacts and ability to sell the club to targets. 

He isnt there for contacts and neither should he.  He isnt head scout. 

Fowler's job is to put the structures in place to generate the leads and find players.  He is also there to do the donkey work on getting deals done financially based on the organisations budgetary constraints, and support the manager IF the manager comes with ideas or requests.

Fowler will know people at various clubs, undoubtedly but this wont be what he was employed for.   If it was then the board are more incompetent than we previously thought.

56 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Right now we are in 'don't criticize anything' mode Just 4 days after demanding the board be lined up and shot. 

The issues and problems we had last Friday still exist. It's hard to know what new can be said - God knows, there was enough repetition on the transfer window thread.

For me, it was a botched window but there doesn't seem any point in banging on about it all day, every day or cancelling TiK and KIllie TV etc.

The club has acknowledged that a large section of the fans were angry and they have felt the force of that anger. It's to be hoped that it will ensure there's no repetition

Agree it was a good interview gave insight to what happened last week and plans going forward. But bottom line we are still short of players which was fowler’s main job last month and there are big games coming up starting tomorrow night. All well saying we are looking at out of contract players but how long will that take ie to sign and get them match fit as expect players we are looking at have not played for a while.  I am sure they all tried to get signings sorted but they did not and a good interview is not going to make up for that.  We will not now the affect on the club of the decisions taken during the transfer window for a few weeks just hope the positivity after the result and performance on Saturday continues and we challenge for top six.

30 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

He isnt there for contacts and neither should he.  He isnt head scout. 

Fowler's job is to put the structures in place to generate the leads and find players.  He is also there to do the donkey work on getting deals done financially based on the organisations budgetary constraints, and support the manager IF the manager comes with ideas or requests.

Fowler will know people at various clubs, undoubtedly but this wont be what he was employed for.   If it was then the board are more incompetent than we previously thought.

Good point. Who is head scout? 

3 minutes ago, Killiebob said:

Does no one else get tired of the knee jerk (emphasis on the second word) reaction of people on here ? Everyone constantly harps on about the need for a loan term plan but judges Fowler etc on a few weeks !!

Get a grip ! Absolutely pathetic.

Fowler was hired in November. Hardly a few weeks.

I would be more than happy to give him the time, but the position was a high profile need, and the club gave it to a guy with no experience, over a pint. He, and the club, need to be held to a higher standard than that.

What a pathetic couple of responses- pretty much emphasises my point. Of course he should’ve been able to transform things in a few - sorry 10 or 11 weeks. Yet another couple of fans who love to concentrate on any perceived negative, and who  seem to revel in the prospect of anything going wrong.

I’m no more convinced now than I was last week, we were told after AA’s departure that this Transfer period was already planned out which was a blatant lie, we had taken for granted that a player was signing for us and took our eye off the ball, apparently 12 players knocked us back, a list of reasons would not be a bad idea, that way we could plan ahead for next time.

Saturdays victory and performance has taken the heat off,,, I really hope that this time tomorrow we are celebrating another win, the team on the park are not my biggest worry tbh.

7 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I’m no more convinced now than I was last week, we were told after AA’s departure that this Transfer period was already planned out which was a blatant lie, we had taken for granted that a player was signing for us and took our eye off the ball, apparently 12 players knocked us back, a list of reasons would not be a bad idea, that way we could plan ahead for next time.

Saturdays victory and performance has taken the heat off,,, I really hope that this time tomorrow we are celebrating another win, the team on the park are not my biggest worry tbh.

Does the transfer plan get ripped up when AA leaves? Dyer has spoken continually about getting back to how things were. I’m presuming that would probably involve different targets to what AA was looking at us. 

In terms of Tish. We probably dropped the ball a little but if a player has a history with a club and coach says he’s going to sign and changes his mind for me that says more about how he handled it than how the club did. 

The window was a disaster. We can’t get away from that. I was heartened by some of what was said but there are obvious concerns as well. Unfortunately it’s by now. The only way to redeem themselves is to do it better in the future be that free agents, pre contracts or summer signings. 

Sorry but for what it’s worth, I reckon that interview is a crock of s**t. On a number of points.

The club, rightly so, were aware of the backlash of fans due to the botched window.  New boy is sent by the boss to use in-house media to appease supporters irrespective of how genuine his comments are.

We’ve all known the areas needing strengthened since Clarke left, Fowler has had since November to put things in place and yet we “miss out” on players by trying to conduct business on the final day of the transfer window?

Bunn looks like he’ll fit in as a squad player but no better than we already have.  Kabamba has certainly started well.  Kiltie, as much as I like him, is a good championship player, but I still feel the premier league is a step too far for him now.

Broadfoot should be nowhere near our club.

I had it on good authority that talks with Mulumbu broke down over money....a common theme starting to appear.

Claiming Tish as a target when he approached us, then we lost out due to lack of urgency, and ended up without him while most would’ve questioned his return in the first place is just laughable.

I have a real trust issue with Fowler and the lack of reinvestment within our club makes me think that Bowie’s priority is money first, sporting success thereafter....if at all.

8 hours ago, G said:

Sorry but for what it’s worth, I reckon that interview is a crock of s**t. On a number of points.

The club, rightly so, were aware of the backlash of fans due to the botched window.  New boy is sent by the boss to use in-house media to appease supporters irrespective of how genuine his comments are.

We’ve all known the areas needing strengthened since Clarke left, Fowler has had since November to put things in place and yet we “miss out” on players by trying to conduct business on the final day of the transfer window?

Bunn looks like he’ll fit in as a squad player but no better than we already have.  Kabamba has certainly started well.  Kiltie, as much as I like him, is a good championship player, but I still feel the premier league is a step too far for him now.

Broadfoot should be nowhere near our club.

I had it on good authority that talks with Mulumbu broke down over money....a common theme starting to appear.

Claiming Tish as a target when he approached us, then we lost out due to lack of urgency, and ended up without him while most would’ve questioned his return in the first place is just laughable.

I have a real trust issue with Fowler and the lack of reinvestment within our club makes me think that Bowie’s priority is money first, sporting success thereafter....if at all.

This. ^^^^^

Well said Sir/madam.

6 hours ago, Killiebob said:

What a pathetic couple of responses- pretty much emphasises my point. Of course he should’ve been able to transform things in a few - sorry 10 or 11 weeks. Yet another couple of fans who love to concentrate on any perceived negative, and who  seem to revel in the prospect of anything going wrong.

Sorry Bob, Not one person here revels in the prospect of things going wrong. Just unwilling to bury our heads and think everything is going swimmingly.

I want better for my club than what's currently happening.

Your response smacks of uber fan, believing you're somehow better than others because you blindly accept whatever is going on

8 hours ago, jesper said:

Tish was a passenger for 90% of the games he played for us, and that's when we were playing well. Can't imagine how infuriating his lackadaisical style would be when you need people to dig deep and provide a performance. 

Probably the reason Waasland Beveren got shot of him after 8 games and shelling out £900,000 on him.