Credit where due

Guff92

On 2/5/2020 at 5:02 AM, bute-killiefan said:

Sorry Bob, Not one person here revels in the prospect of things going wrong. Just unwilling to bury our heads and think everything is going swimmingly.

I want better for my club than what's currently happening.

Your response smacks of uber fan, believing you're somehow better than others because you blindly accept whatever is going on

Having read various posts on here I would strongly disagree that there are those who revel in the prospect of things going wrong but that’s not really the point. You say you want better for Killie than the current position - what do you actually expect the club to achieve on a consistent basis given our size and consequent resources? I agree that those in charge must be held to account but surely we need to take a longer term view and try to support them rather than pick fault at every opportunity. 

18 minutes ago, Killiebob said:

Having read various posts on here I would strongly disagree that there are those who revel in the prospect of things going wrong but that’s not really the point. You say you want better for Killie than the current position - what do you actually expect the club to achieve on a consistent basis given our size and consequent resources? I agree that those in charge must be held to account but surely we need to take a longer term view and try to support them rather than pick fault at every opportunity. 

I've been largely positive of all things to do with the club until fairly recently. I think it's quite laughable that I am being accused of picking fault at every opportunity, it seems recently that anyone who has a criticism is blasted with it.

The club showed the ambition that I didn't think was possible when they appointed Alessio. My disappointment was that they gave him 6 months and sacked him when things were going 'ok' in terms of results. With the lack of explanation from the board, and the rumours on here, it was obvious that it was because certain players didn't like the training, training that was good enough for elite players across Europe. The rumour has grown arms and legs since and become stupid. It's almost as if people are adding to it to convince themselves the club was right.

Regardless, I was willing to see what came next. I trusted that there was a plan. Dyer said he wasn't going to apply, so it was clear we were going to bring someone in. Then a few weeks later, without a single point won, he was handed the job. It was then that it was very clear that the club has no plan beyond the end of the given day and are being very reactionary to events.

Bringing back Broadfoot after the way in which he left was very close to being it for me. His conduct since, having bought his own contract out, his talk and his desire on the pitch, has lead me to reel that in a bit.

Things don't have to be excellent or really bad, there's an in between