Hearts away, Fred

CB

Taylor’s a midfielder. 

Nothing like his brother, apparently - big and strong. 

GREG TAYLOR doesn’t just share a room with his brother.

The pair are also bonded by their experiences of leaving Rangers as kids. 

Kilmarnock left-back Taylor has been a real revelation this season. 

“When he first went into Rangers he was the best. I can’t emphasise how good he was.

“Then he got a few injuries — he broke his collarbone and he got a bad abscess on his neck.

“He fell down the pecking order and didn’t want to do it any more.

“He stopped playing for six months, then he went back and Celtic offered him a trial.

“He went in but came out saying he still didn’t want to do it.

“So he chucked football again and went and played golf for six months.

“He was decent at golf but then went back to playing at East End boys’ club in Greenock. 

“He got his love for the game back. There were a few options but I was at Killie and enjoying it at the time.

“So my mum and dad and him thought it would be a good pathway and he signed on there too.

“He loves it now. He was doing really well and was hoping to break into the Under-20s this season but he broke his ankle.

“He came back training again in January and played his first game back for the 17s on Sunday.

“It would be great if he could get a nod for the 20s.

“He’s still only 15 but he’s really good. He’s a central midfielder. He scores a decent amount of goals.

“He could play the No10 because he does score a lot.”

Taylor still stays in the family home in Gourock.

It’s where both he and Ally honed their football skills as kids. 

They’re close and Taylor said: “We were always out kicking a ball and I think that has helped him.

“He’s quite stocky and he’s strong because he was always playing with me and my pals.

“That benefited him. He thinks he’s better than me but there’s no chance he is!

“I just keep asking him how many first team games he’s played!

“But we always talk about football. I still share a room with him at my house actually.

“He thinks he’s too good for advice though and reckons he should be the one giving me it.

“We’ve got the Xbox in the room so we can play Fifa and I’ve got the top I wore on my Kilmarnock debut framed and up on the wall.

“When we’re not fighting we get on well!”

thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/756257/kilmarnock-left-back-greg-taylor-sees-big-future-in-the-game-for-little-brother-ally/

Edited by skygod

Dicker and Power might struggle in the middle. Hearts play a very high press and seem to be very energetic under Stendel. If we are going to win we have to be able to move the ball quickly and be able to hit Brophy and Kabamba accurately.

Not much strength coming off the bench, especially in attacking areas. But heres hoping we don't need them.

Hoping for another good killie result at Tynecastle

Just now, GCM said:

With exception of Broadfoot it is a very inexperienced bench, are Bunn and El Makrini injured?

Which puts into clear focus our lack of proper transfer activity last month when squad depth was questioned by just about everyone. Only 2 recognised players missing/left out and almost a bench full of kids is a concern between now and May. 

10 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Which puts into clear focus our lack of proper transfer activity last month when squad depth was questioned by just about everyone. Only 2 recognised players missing/left out and almost a bench full of kids is a concern between now and May. 

Why if they are good enough they are old enough.  Maybe they have shown up much better than the others in training.

Ffs we are always bemoaning we don’t bring players through then when we pick some on the bench we have a s**t said depth (which we do but you get my drift I hope)

2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Why if they are good enough they are old enough.  Maybe they have shown up much better than the others in training.

Ffs we are always bemoaning we don’t bring players through then when we pick some on the bench we have a s**t said depth (which we do but you get my drift I hope)

Problem is the lack of experience on the bench .... Kiltie and Broadfoot are the only guys with a decent number of games behind them. 

Good to see a couple of new names on the bench though ....