Hearts away, Fred

CB

1 hour ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Guys shoot me down if needs be but I did actually smile a little hearing Branescu off for basically going mental. Yes he was out of order but shows passion and a mad twist which I kinda like. Great result! 

I was driving to work and it made the journey much more exciting. 

I had earlier logged in to Killie TV and watched Chris Burke's goal over breakfast. 

That was the most enjoyable first 80 mins and least enjoyable last 10 mins in a long time, my nerves were shredded by the final whistle. 

Every player gave everything last night and left nothing out there. Hearts had a lot of the ball but I don’t recall them ever really cutting us open. We looked dangerous on the break exploiting the space they were leaving at the back as both their FBs were practically playing as wingers.

Also what a difference in Brophy when he’s got someone playing up alongside him. It just frees him up more to drift into dangerous spaces and cause defences all sorts of problems with his movement 

Same Old Gorgie, Always Three Points

Brilliant win for the boys. Bar mental Larry having a nuke. Shame it wasn’t more convincing in the end but a crucial victory none the less. Burke is an absolute diamond of a footballer possibly one of my favourite all time. Power and Dicker back to running over the top of people is great to see. Findlay and DDF pocketing strikers. And Brophy and Kabamba giving defenders a torrid time. Brophy with someone to play off is a totally different player. Superb by Sod who has been criticised a lot tbf.

Rory is an absolute dog in the midfield and is brilliant at doing that side of the game. Superb win for us and a third in a week would top it off in Aberdeen.

Great to see Connell back on the bench I’d have been tempted to give him a run out at 3-0 but thank god we didn’t. El Mak and Bunn carrying knocks ??

Still need two bodies I reckon. St Clair and Stephen Hendrie couldn’t contribute less if they  tried. 

500 away fans is good going considering time of year,midweek, form, horrendous prices and away to Aberdeen. 

9 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

As you'll know I'm staying in Dumfries now. By the time I get finished and travel myself it's too much midweek I'm afraid

When I was younger I did the lone travel from Dumfries most games(to RP) . But sorry to say struggle now for the enthusiasm to do the journey. There are a few of us Killie fans in Dumfries There is one who travels most home games (by train).

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Great to see Connell back on the bench I’d have been tempted to give him a run out at 3-0 but thank god we didn’t. 

Crossed my mind last night that if we had more senior players on the bench there's a really good chance the three subs would have been made when Branescu did his Branescu... Saved by the dodgy transfer window 

45 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Crossed my mind last night that if we had more senior players on the bench there's a really good chance the three subs would have been made when Branescu did his Branescu... Saved by the dodgy transfer window 

I wonder which of the outfield players left would have gone in - do we have a 21st century equivalent of SuperGus?

19 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

Just saw the highlights of the game a great performance until that stupid goalie what the hell was he thinking. Get him punted now he will cost us points

That’s just it he wasn’t thinking. It was a split second rush of blood and if had pulled the ball out of the net himself and threw it to the side nothing would have been done. He got sent off just because Clare was in the ref’s face.

17 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Hearts forum thinking we did nothing all night and were gifted the goals :)

With exception of the first ten minutes and the last ten, Hearts never threatened at all. If we are talking about gifting goals, the two they scored were both absolute gifts. The best goals of the night all came from Killie.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

HE SHOULD NEVER EVER PULL ON A KILLIE TOP AGAIN. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

My 91 year old grandad once had a trial in goal with Riccarton Bluebell and he's still got his boots................

Snowflake. Get a life mate. Keeper has a momentary lapse. First yellow pretty harsh. Second, weak ref buckles under Clare's moaning. Best we have at the moment so jog on.

59 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

HE SHOULD NEVER EVER PULL ON A KILLIE TOP AGAIN. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

My 91 year old grandad once had a trial in goal with Riccarton Bluebell and he's still got his boots................

I read that as your granddad had a trial when he was 91 :31: