Parking near Rugby Park

fraggle

3 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

We park on the other side of Dundonald Road, Woodside Avenue, the area you are talking about always seems congested. 

Its busy but parked there for 25 years, last week it was almost impossible, think I got the one possible space. I'm just thinking for Wed night as I'm always rushing to get there on time. 

1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

I do find it overkill with the cones, South Hamilton Street operates with parking on both sides every day without any issues, why make it more uncomfortable in our climate for people coming to games.

To avoid congestion. Cars would never get out of Mount Avenue without the cones on one side. Although when Celtic and Sevco fans visit, they just park anywhere. 

43 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Last couple of home games there had been police cones all around arrothill, rowanhill and harperland, preventing any parking on the street. 

Is this always going to be the case from now on does anyone know? 

Yes mate it's a trial with view to every game, couple of months ago residents couldn't get into their own driveways, when the home owners asked the fans to move their cars they got verbally abused. Sorry to say it was Killie fans and not just one incident. Possibly trying it out on mount avenue, Fairlie avenue and moorfield avenue. A minority spoiling it for all.

4 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

Yes mate it's a trial with view to every game, couple of months ago residents couldn't get into their own driveways, when the home owners asked the fans to move their cars they got verbally abused. Sorry to say it was Killie fans and not just one incident. Possibly trying it out on mount avenue, Fairlie avenue and moorfield avenue. A minority spoiling it for all.

surely dont need all that rea coned off? Just moves the issue to another area and not address the problem really. And moving fans fans away from parking then this may put some folk off coming. I park nearby and never have an issue (not revealing my street or might not get parked on it now hahah). There has never been an issue in years, even when crowds were near averaging 5 figures, so why now?

I know mate I stay in the estate and never had any issues.

5 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

surely dont need all that rea coned off? Just moves the issue to another area and not address the problem really. And moving fans fans away from parking then this may put some folk off coming. I park nearby and never have an issue (not revealing my street or might not get parked on it now hahah). There has never been an issue in years, even when crowds were near averaging 5 figures, so why now?

Never have any problem parking in Woodside Avenue, even when we have large home supports. At the playoff and the home game against Sevco at the end of last season we just parked further round the road. Only problem is after the game, the potholes on the back road  from Holmes Road to the roundabout are getting bigger and bigger. Still, it's a back road and can't expect the council to maintain it to the same standard as a main road. 

2 hours ago, jam1869 said:

Just wondering if the old Safeway carpark is about the same distance as Woodside Ave etc? Plenty of spaces there and Tesco etc

I think the 'Safeway' carpark is blocked off these days so it is only the retail park section that is available. 

8 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Morrison tried to implement a 2 hour max but that got overturned because of some clause in the contract denying them the ability.

Morrison's have implemented a camera parking system its been in for a few months although not sure if it's 2 or 3hrs. I think it was to stop the commuters etc from parking all day .

2 minutes ago, DAVE_T said:

Morrison's have implemented a camera parking system its been in for a few months although not sure if it's 2 or 3hrs. I think it was to stop the commuters etc from parking all day .

I remember they done it a good few years ago but the council had it removed because of some rule with the land.

Hadn't realised they had re implemented it.