Dons away cup, Fred

CB

It still worries me how reliant we are on Burke. The back 3 (or 5) made us tough to break down, but we had nothing down the flanks the whole game. Hamalainen was non-existent as an attacking threat and SOD wasn’t much better.

I know some people seem to get really upset by any negativity but recent evidence suggests we can’t afford to rely on replays. With our best players back I’m confident we can beat them at home, but we could have done it today while they’re in the doldrums. Just needed to be a bit braver.

8 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Aberdeen have been utter s**t for the entire duration under McInnes. Every game is a misery to watch and yet they always prevail. The prime example being the 8-man game last season. They were total dog s**t.

So a positive result is always well-earned, especially minus two of our best players.

Nonsense. 

That's nowhere near the Aberdeen team of previous seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nonsense. 

That's nowhere near the Aberdeen team of previous seasons. 

But we are well off the level of previously too.

All I’m saying is a draw at Pittodrie is never to be sniffed at, with their long track record of ruining games into submission.

And I’m hopeful for the replay.

I wouldn’t say it was a good result but at least we’re still in the draw. That second half was unplayable with the wind. Embarrassing and both teams hoping to avoid any slips. Aberdeen were dreadful but serious questions to be asked of both fullbacks. SOD has checked out completely. I’d play Gus let alone Millen ahead of him.

1 minute ago, Piersquared said:

I wouldn’t say it was a good result but at least we’re still in the draw. That second half was unplayable with the wind. Embarrassing and both teams hoping to avoid any slips. Aberdeen were dreadful but serious questions to be asked of both fullbacks. SOD has checked out completely. I’d play Gus let alone Millen ahead of him.

I thought O’Donnell was excellent in midweek.

Take a draw as let's be honest we were hardly up the park. I don't get this worst Aberdeen team pish. We are miles behind them in the league, so are we the worst kilmarnock team. Mcinnes has skelped us in 23 of the 26 meetings. I don't think they are miles better than us but people seem to think we are going to walk all over them. If we do beat them we will need things to go our way as 23 times they haven't.