Dons away cup, Fred

CB

12 minutes ago, BluenwhiteARMY said:

I genuinely think some people on here would rather we gave a good performance and lose sometimes. I Understand that it wasnt the best performance or even game, but going to the team that's 4th in the league and managing to turn the tie in our favour by bring ing it back home is a massive positive in my eyes. Weve got a shocking away record this season and Aberdeen away is up there with some of the hardest places to go.

90% of posters on here thought that it was a good result. 

15 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Just watched it again and it’s very close but looks outside. The Aberdeen commentary also agree it’s not a penalty. 

It looked inside to me.

Hamalainen was barely outside the box after the challenge which suggests he was inside when he made it. 

Anyway, it’s academic as far as I’m  concerned. The ref made his decision.  

Need bodies if we wanna have a go at these teams. Burke Findlay Bunn El Mak all injured and we are threadbare. When I seen the starting 11 I would have taken a draw. Weather also killed the game. Aberdeen poor but till Christmas they apparently have McKenna and Cosgrove who were being touted for 5 million quid each. McInnes needs to leave there he’s done all he can. 

With players back and maybe an addition also I reckon we could have them at RP. 

26 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Need bodies if we wanna have a go at these teams. Burke Findlay Bunn El Mak all injured and we are threadbare. When I seen the starting 11 I would have taken a draw. Weather also killed the game. Aberdeen poor but till Christmas they apparently have McKenna and Cosgrove who were being touted for 5 million quid each. McInnes needs to leave there he’s done all he can. 

With players back and maybe an addition also I reckon we could have them at RP. 

Agree  we did not have much on the bench, Findlay and Burke big losses, thought we played for a draw as well.

10 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Here's the thing, we drew there in the cup with Clarke courtesy of a penalty. Aberdeen were there for the taking that day too. As they were at RP when we got put out on penalties. As they were earlier in the season at RP when we drew 0-0. As they were at RP when they somehow won 2-1 last season. As they were at RP when we were 1-0 up before bringing Miles Addison on before that. So stop with the pretence that this is a sign of us going downhill. We struggle against them, I don't know why. 

Conditions by all accounts were s**te (for both teams) and we had key players out. A draw isn't the end of the world, providing we have a right go of it in the replay. Crazy to be dissapointed in that result given the gulf in budgets and players available. 

Reserve this kinda logic for the real world please

It is a good result,regardless of their recent forum.Kudos again to AD for using his resources wisely and setting us up with a formation which got a draw.When the tie came out of the hat I expected to lose this one given our record against them,but thought if we could get it back to RP we had a chance,and that is still the case.

Clearly the weather was not conducive to either side playing football as well.

Hopefully it's a decent draw this time which gives us further incentive to get to the QF and not Celtic away or some such. Since we won the Cup 23 years ago we have only reached the quarters 4 times.

Would still love to see a couple of free agent forwards come in as cover for Brophy and Kabamba though as it is heavy schedule coming up now.

1 hour ago, KillieFanInToon said:

Youse surely cannot be serious? He is a terrible, terrible manager especially given the resources he has available.

Europe most seasons and competing with old firm for vast portions of a lot of seasons? Clearly not a terrible manager. 

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Away and f**k off,  absolutely one dimensional, no flair, it's all big donkeys who run about a lot and hoofball.

If Clarke had had half his resources we would've won the f**king league.

Is that why we have had such a poor record against them including under Clarke? Must be s**te getting to Europe and finishing 3rd most seasons. He gets results. Any neutral could see that.

Aberdeen away. One of the worst draws to get in the cup. We take them to a replay on the back of outplaying Hearts on their own patch 3 days previously, and some folk are actually COMPLAINING? Get a grip FFS. If you want something to complain about in a cup game try trailing up to Inverness and losing 3-0 when they are not even in the league, yet we still turn up the next week!

9 minutes ago, Ken T said:

Aberdeen away. One of the worst draws to get in the cup. We take them to a replay on the back of outplaying Hearts on their own patch 3 days previously, and some folk are actually COMPLAINING? Get a grip FFS. If you want something to complain about in a cup game try trailing up to Inverness and losing 3-0 when they are not even in the league, yet we still turn up the next week!

Or Somerset as cup holders, then back again the following year. 

Considering how many games we've played since the split, our record against Aberdeen and the wind, I would definitely say yesterday was a great result. 

11 minutes ago, Ken T said:

No major complaints from me, I clapped the team at the end of the game yesterday. Just a wee bit of regret that we didn’t make more of our opportunities to counter attack, as the game was there to be won given how poor they were. Had it been a league game I’d have been pleased with the point - just wish we’d shown a wee bit more bravery with it being a cup tie. Don’t think there’s anything particularly wrong with that.