Squad looking thin

Thirdwatch1965

2 hours ago, GCM said:

Following on from the 2 good league results and no further news/rumours from the club, it looks like there will be no further signings and we will run with this squad till the end of the season.

I think you are right. The time to strengthen the squad was during the window and as we failed to do that I doubt anything will happen now.
The board will be delighted that we went 3 games unbeaten as it has taken the heat off them for their failure to bring in some additional signings.

The benefit of bringing in players now who have not been playing regularly is very debatable. However, our squad is too small and that will have an impact between now and the end of the season. As has been said before, letting some players go out loan seems like a crazy decision.

Edited by historyman

18 minutes ago, Night hawk said:

Wonder what the small print is on these loan agreements? Can we recall in emergencies? Same question applies to McDonald at alloa 

Players can return to their clubs but they can't play again until the transfer window reopens.

There's a seven-day rule about goalkeepers but I can't be arsed to look it up. 

3 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I’ve not seen anything about Mo being injured. I wonder if he is about to trigger extension?

I really liked what I saw but him not being selected - and AD saying no injuries - makes me wonder about his situation.

May or may not be anything in this - but I think the word was no 'fresh' injuries. But the silence is odd I agree 

5 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I’ve not seen anything about Mo being injured. I wonder if he is about to trigger extension?

I really liked what I saw but him not being selected - and AD saying no injuries - makes me wonder about his situation.

I did wonder the same about El Makrini, if he was maybe 1 appearance away for triggering the additional year. I don’t recall AD ever mentioning him being injured in any interview.  Looks like he’s made 25 appearances all in (20 in league and 5 in the 3 cups) so not sure what number would be the possible trigger. 

6 minutes ago, BigYin said:

I did wonder the same about El Makrini, if he was maybe 1 appearance away for triggering the additional year. I don’t recall AD ever mentioning him being injured in any interview.  Looks like he’s made 25 appearances all in (20 in league and 5 in the 3 cups) so not sure what number would be the possible trigger. 

Surely that can’t be the case? If it is then it’s a pretty disgusting way to treat someone who is a member of the first team squad. 

8 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I also prefer managers to give our opponents no clue whatsoever about availability of players. So if AD’s just keeping quiet, good.

I doubt that’s the case. He was open enough about Broadfoot being doubtful. 

If el Makrini has played all season then is left out so as not to trigger an extension at a time when we could do with him, it would seem madness. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

Surely that can’t be the case? If it is then it’s a pretty disgusting way to treat someone who is a member of the first team squad. 

I have absolutely no idea, it could be totally wide of mark. Perhaps Fowler and Dyer don’t fancy him and this is the way to ensure he’s doesn’t get another year. It’s madness seeing how short the squad is, we could do with him as an option just now 

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

If el Makrini has played all season then is left out so as not to trigger an extension at a time when we could do with him, it would seem madness. 

Surely not.

But again little.information and speculation becomes rife

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

Exactly - it’s odd! Not said to be injured but not involved...