Cup 1/4 Final St Mirren/Motherwell away

kilm53

Just now, Wrangodog said:

So how do the people who didn't keep their ticket stub fit into this equation ?  Can't ask for ticket stubs after the event when some people have chucked them away or recycled them. We should worry about this when/if it happens. 

I agree it should be stated by the club before the game and it would also be an incentive to go. 

19 minutes ago, G said:

I struggle a bit with this. I know a number of people who dutifully travel home and away, almost every game and choose to drive. Yet they’re expected to be at a disadvantage because they’re not on a bus?

That's why I said ticket stubs. That said, at least half the folk there on Saturday were on buses so at least you'd cover a decent % of the away support allocating some to buses. Even the biggest clubs give buses tickets. I know the old firm do and grade their buses based on size/attendance.

It's like when folk moaned about buses getting tickets for Nomads, saying majority of folk don't go on buses. Low and behold, a few months later we've got 600 at Pittodrie in the cup and 7 buses up there. We got 50 for Nomads game, had 100 up there at weekend from our club and plenty of those never got tickets through Killie for that game.

There is no easy way of allocating tickets, a free for all isn't the fairest though - hence why I said ticket stumps.

5 hours ago, skygod said:

I’m not sure whose memory is failing here but I’m surprised you weren’t aware of any trouble because I remember the fighting spilling on to the pitch and the referee maybe even taking the players off for a bit. 

But there was so much fighting back then that I could be confused! 

Oh there was ‘trouble’ for sure. The football special back to Killie was memorable. 

5 hours ago, skygod said:

I’m not sure whose memory is failing here but I’m surprised you weren’t aware of any trouble because I remember the fighting spilling on to the pitch and the referee maybe even taking the players off for a bit. 

But there was so much fighting back then that I could be confused! 

May well be my memory but the game wasn't exactly yesterday.  I believe the trouble was near the "segregation" area (think there was a fence of some kind)  I was much nearer the end of the pitch and heard of the nonsense, though not in any detail, from folk just heading away from it.  Don't remember any interruptions to the game, though selective memory can be a good thing when it bins the crap and just retains the good bits like Ross coming up with the cracker of a goal and  the great celebrations from the Killie fans after the goal. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Some say that was the game that Paper Roses was first aired. 

I very much doubt that. 

The match was played in March 1972, while MO released PR in August 1973.. 

Of course, anyone singing it could have been referencing Anita Bryant’s 1960 version but they would have got some old-fashioned looks (from me, at least). 

Edited by skygod

44 minutes ago, skygod said:

I very much doubt that. 

The match was played in March 1972, while MO released PR in August 1973.. 

Of course, anyone singing it could have been referencing Anita Bryant’s 1960 version but they would have got some old-fashioned looks (from me, at least). 

That’s twice I’ve been wrong today. Ho hum.

• CB unpinned this topic