Aberdeen replay

Killietillidieu84

8 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Do the rules not state that the replay has to be the same cost as the original game?

Can't see a rule of that sort.

28. Minimum Charge for Admission

28.1 All Home Clubs shall ensure that the minimum adult, non-concessionary admission charge for Matches in the Preliminary Round(s) (if applicable), Round One, Round Two and Round Three shall be £5.

28.2 All Home Clubs shall ensure that the minimum adult, non-concessionary admission charge for all other Matches, excluding the Semi-Final Matches and the Final Match, shall be £8 for all.

28.3 Subject to the terms of this Competition Rule 28, the charges for admission for Matches shall be agreed by the Clubs competing in that particular Match. If the competing Clubs are unable to agree, the charges which are normally made for the regular fixtures of the Home Club will apply. 

While I'm looking at the rules, this one comes up frequently too:

32. Travel – Financial Assistance and Guarantee

32.1 The Scottish FA will, as a measure of financial assistance, provide a payment to each Away Club in the Preliminary Round(s) (if applicable), Round One and Round Two, (except those which are played at a Neutral Ground) whether it be a first Match or a replay, which requires travel from a Club’s Registered Ground to the Registered Ground at which the Match is being played of a distance of more than 50 miles to play a Match. In such event, and subject to the submission of an original travel invoice, the Scottish FA will contribute up to a maximum of £600 to such Club.

32.2 In all other Matches from Round Three onwards (except those which are played on a Neutral Ground) the Home Club, whether it be a first match or a replay, shall give a financial guarantee to the Away Club, of up to a maximum of £600.

32.3 Subject to the receipts being sufficient, when a match is played on a Neutral Ground, both competing Clubs shall be guaranteed reimbursement of travel expenditure incurred, up to a maximum of £600 as provided in Competition Rule 32.1.

33. Division of Receipts and Payment of Expenses

33.1 Subject, in every case, to the terms of Competition Rule 32, except when a Match is played on a Neutral Ground, the monies received from all admission charges to a Match in the Preliminary Round(s) (if applicable), Round One and Round Two, shall be divided equally between the Clubs after deduction of 20% from the gross receipts by the Home Club. In respect of Round Three the following will apply:

33.1.1 the Home Club shall be entitled to make a deduction of 20% from the gross receipts;

33.1.2 when half of the receipts remaining exceed the guarantee, the said receipts shall be divided, equally, between the Clubs;

33.1.3 when half of the receipts remaining do not exceed the guarantee, the Away Club shall only receive the guarantee; and

33.1.4 the Home Club shall be responsible for payment of the Match expenses.

Edited by skygod

14 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Great pricing from Motherwell and should see a good crowd for them. Doubt we’ll be so accommodating!

The thing is though Motherwell to Paisley is 23 miles. 30-45 minutes journey. 

A cup replay with a potentially winnable home tie to get to the semis should see a good crowd anyway. 

Folk can finish work and kids can finish school and still go to the game and be home at a decent time. 

Listening to Aberdeen fans walking away from Pittodrie on Saturday they were on about having to take time off work then not getting home to the early hours and then getting up for work the next morning. 

Given the way they are playing I can see a lot of them sacking it. 

So while similar pricing at RP might encourage a larger Killie support it won't entice much more Aberdeen fans I fear. 

8 minutes ago, KillieBoys1869 said:

Considering we werent expecting this game as it's a replay, limit the prices, do what motherwell are doing I beluve its £12 for an adult, £6 concession, 16/17 and £3for a child I belive. Thats the price all games should be

You don't have to believe, I posted the prices on this thread last night. 

9 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

The thing is though Motherwell to Paisley is 23 miles. 30-45 minutes journey. 

A cup replay with a potentially winnable home tie to get to the semis should see a good crowd anyway. 

Folk can finish work and kids can finish school and still go to the game and be home at a decent time. 

Listening to Aberdeen fans walking away from Pittodrie on Saturday they were on about having to take time off work then not getting home to the early hours and then getting up for work the next morning. 

Given the way they are playing I can see a lot of them sacking it. 

So while similar pricing at RP might encourage a larger Killie support it won't entice much more Aberdeen fans I fear. 

Do they not have a decent sized support based in the central belt as well though. Easier for them to make a trip to Killie than Pittodrie 

17 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Possibly, see how many are at Hamilton tonight. Be a reasonable indicator. 

You think? Plenty will pick and choose between the two and the one at £23 to get in, live on TV in the middle of a storm will have nowhere near the same crowd as the game that is a cup replay, not on TV and only £15.