Racist abuse

CBFC

A 12 year old boy has been charged with racist abuse of Morelos. Sadly an inditement of today's society that kids are growing up in a background of sectarianism, bigotry and racism. 

Kids are not born, sectarian, bigoted or racist. It is their family or cohorts who instil this into them. Sad days indeed.

Edited by CBFC

1 hour ago, CBFC said:

A 12 year old boy has been charged with racist abuse of Morelos. Sadly an inditement of today's society that kids are growing up in a background of sectarianism, bigotry and racism. 

Kids are born, sectarian, bigoted or racist. It is their family or cohorts who instil this into them. Sad days indeed.

I am not convinced a 12 year old can be fully accountable for their racist comments as, unlike stealing or assault, what it is OK to say is more generally defined by the adults around them.

19 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Strange. 

12 year old getting done for racism, but no adults being done for sectarianism at an Old Firm game. 

Just shows what some robust policing can achieve...... 

What is sectarianism? Is it a powder puff adjective to replace the term racism so that we subconsciously tolerate it in Scottish society? 

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I am not convinced a 12 year old can be fully accountable for their racist comments as, unlike stealing or assault, what it is OK to say is more generally defined by the adults around them.

12 year old is the youngest you can be charged and held accountable for committing a crime in Scotland I’m sure? 

Be interesting to see if he gets convicted. It’ll get chucked out of court I’d imagine 

59 minutes ago, LH31 said:

What is sectarianism? Is it a powder puff adjective to replace the term racism so that we subconsciously tolerate it in Scottish society? 

Nope sectarianism is related to religion, racism is down to your ethnicity.

neither are acceptable in any civilised society and only show the more Neanderthal in your society for what they are... bigoted cretins who should be exposed, punished and banned from Football.

“The implication seems to be that the fault lies not with those who choose racism and abuse, but with a young immigrant who chose to come to our country. This is a deeply disturbing attitude”

From the club whose fans brought you the “famine song”.  

Edited by Zorro