AGM

Pelesboots

11 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Nail on head. Bowie begging Jig to take the managers job when he made it clear he didn’t want it tells you all you need to know about his football knowledge. He has none.

Don't forget he asked Jig to stay on when he handed in his resignation. 

12 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Nail on head. Bowie begging Jig to take the managers job when he made it clear he didn’t want it tells you all you need to know about his football knowledge. He has none.

You might not think he has any football knowledge beyond, like the rest of us, being a passionate fan, but he hasn’t become a very successful businessman by not making the right decisions including who to appoint in significant roles within his company.

....or maybe he isn’t very good at that either and just has a very good HR department!

I'm worried that we reach the end of the season and still don't know if AD is the man for the job. If we reach the top six then I would say he has done well after a difficult start. What does the board do if we are safe from relegation but finish seventh or eighth ? I would hope that they would at least look at who is available before making their decision, but I suspect they will just offer Alex the job permanently. 

Edited by Wrangodog

3 hours ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

You might not think he has any football knowledge beyond, like the rest of us, being a passionate fan, but he hasn’t become a very successful businessman by not making the right decisions including who to appoint in significant roles within his company.

....or maybe he isn’t very good at that either and just has a very good HR department!

There is no doubt Bowie is a very successful business man wrt tankers , sewage removal etc etc . Doesn’t mean he’s any good at making decisions in the football world , it’s not a directly transferable skill . 
What Bowie has probably done with his tanker business is appoint people with the comparable skills and knowledge that allows him to spend time with KFC . Something he has singularly failed to do at RP 

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

TBH I couldn't care less if they like playing for him, we aren't getting results and have regressed since his appointment in terms of results.

It would appear you are right.

AA:     W:8,D6,L8

AD:     W:4,D1,L8

Although for the sake of balance I should add the AA record included the CQN debacle, while AD record was largely inspired by the collapse at the end of the AA era and included a win over Sevco.

22 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

AD record was largely inspired by the collapse at the end of the AA era and included a win over Sevco.

Whilst it is always great to beat Rangers and it was an amazing night, with regards to the league it is still only three points.

It doesn't really make up for losing to St, Mirren, Motherwell, St Johnstone, Hibs and the manner in which we got papped out the cup on Wednesday night.

Edited by Gaz of the 20/20

3 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Whilst it is always great to beat Rangers and it was an amazing night, with regards to the league it is still only three points.

It doesn't really make up for losing to St, Mirren, Motherwell, St Johnstone, Hibs and the manner in which we got papped out the cup on Wednesday night.

The motherwell game in particular didn't have a lot to do with Dyer imo. Both teams were cancelling each other out and Well were on a great run at the time, we contained them well. Brophy missed a sitter and they scored a freekick through our polomint goalkeeper.

Hibs again was individual mistakes, second goal was a keeper error after a deflection. We battered them for last 20 minutes and only downside was someone not getting on end of the crosses.

St mirren and st johnstone I'll agree were brutal performances.

18 hours ago, gdevoy said:

It would appear you are right.

AA:     W:8,D6,L8

AD:     W:4,D1,L8

Although for the sake of balance I should add the AA record included the CQN debacle, while AD record was largely inspired by the collapse at the end of the AA era and included a win over Sevco.

Also you have compared 22 games for AA with only 13 for Dyer........................

On 2/24/2020 at 9:08 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

TBH I couldn't care less if they like playing for him, we aren't getting results and have regressed since his appointment in terms of results.

Nice guy - not sure he's a manager.

I don't agree Higgy.  Yes AA had us higher up the league but the football we were watching would've made your eyes bleed.  Also the poor run started during his watch, so some apportionment of blame there too (though the players certainly need to shoulder a considerable wedge).

It's maybe taken AD a few games to get going, but I'm a lot more positive in what I'm seeing, particularly since the turn of the year.  Top 6 looks like a stretch but I would expect us to win more than we lose for the remainder of this season.

23 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

The motherwell game in particular didn't have a lot to do with Dyer imo. Both teams were cancelling each other out and Well were on a great run at the time, we contained them well. Brophy missed a sitter and they scored a freekick through our polomint goalkeeper.

God, I'd just managed to get past the point when I was thinking about this all the time - and now I'm absolutely ragin' again.

Kilmarnock posted a profit of £125,096 in the year to May 2019, club accounts have revealed.

This figure is in stark contrast to the £181,174 loss in the previous year.

A report to shareholders says the main reasons for the profit are the club gaining their highest league position finish since 1966 as they notched up third spot and qualification for the Europa League.

The report said: "It was entirely appropriate that the club had one of its most successful seasons in its 150th year.

"This was the club's 26th season in the top flight of Scottish football.

"The club finished third in the Scottish Premiership, qualifying for European football for the first time since 2001.

"During the year there were memorable results particularly against both sides of the Old Firm."

The report added: "The board took a bold decision to only provide seating in the Chadwick Stand to Rangers for the last day of the season.

"The bold decision proved to be the correct one with a fantastic family atmosphere - possibly helped by the 1-0 victory to secure European football.

"The attendance on the day affirmed the board's decision with numbers being just 126 less than the home league match against Rangers on January 23 2019, and actually 232 more than the League Cup game earlier in the season."

Total revenue was up over £1.5million from 2018. It was £6.643million compared to £5.105million the previous year. And director Billy Bowie was delighted with a season ticket increase of almost 20 per cent from 3513 to 4214.

The club's wage bill including employees and directors was £3.689m, compared to £2.866 of the previous year.

The club have pointed towards the re-laying of their new pitch as a key factor for financial stability both from revenue generation and a cost perspective.

Shareholders were also told: “The board of Kilmarnock FC are committed to creating a sustainable and competitive football club that competes in the top half of the Scottish Premiership.

“The board’s financial strategy is to ensure the club bank funding remains positive to avoid any external influence from the bank in day to day operations.”

Development of the new Legends Lounge and the launch of the 1869 suite will enhance hospitality options, and the club say these will add to revenue streams for the next year.

There are further plans for the development of indoor training facilities to "provide first class facilities for the ongoing development of the youth squad and improved first team training" and also to improve the ratio of owned players to loaned players.

The report added: "Consultancy and legal fees of £84,500 were charged during the year by Messes J & A Boyd, a firm in which Mr Michael Johnston is the principal."

The club’s AGM will take place tomorrow (Wednesday).

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/kilmarnock-fc-finances-revealed-club-21575810

52 minutes ago, Chris1810 said:

Kilmarnock posted a profit of £125,096 in the year to May 2019, club accounts have revealed.

This figure is in stark contrast to the £181,174 loss in the previous year.

A report to shareholders says the main reasons for the profit are the club gaining their highest league position finish since 1966 as they notched up third spot and qualification for the Europa League.

The report said: "It was entirely appropriate that the club had one of its most successful seasons in its 150th year.

"This was the club's 26th season in the top flight of Scottish football.

"The club finished third in the Scottish Premiership, qualifying for European football for the first time since 2001.

"During the year there were memorable results particularly against both sides of the Old Firm."

The report added: "The board took a bold decision to only provide seating in the Chadwick Stand to Rangers for the last day of the season.

"The bold decision proved to be the correct one with a fantastic family atmosphere - possibly helped by the 1-0 victory to secure European football.

"The attendance on the day affirmed the board's decision with numbers being just 126 less than the home league match against Rangers on January 23 2019, and actually 232 more than the League Cup game earlier in the season."

Total revenue was up over £1.5million from 2018. It was £6.643million compared to £5.105million the previous year. And director Billy Bowie was delighted with a season ticket increase of almost 20 per cent from 3513 to 4214.

The club's wage bill including employees and directors was £3.689m, compared to £2.866 of the previous year.

The club have pointed towards the re-laying of their new pitch as a key factor for financial stability both from revenue generation and a cost perspective.

Shareholders were also told: “The board of Kilmarnock FC are committed to creating a sustainable and competitive football club that competes in the top half of the Scottish Premiership.

“The board’s financial strategy is to ensure the club bank funding remains positive to avoid any external influence from the bank in day to day operations.”

Development of the new Legends Lounge and the launch of the 1869 suite will enhance hospitality options, and the club say these will add to revenue streams for the next year.

There are further plans for the development of indoor training facilities to "provide first class facilities for the ongoing development of the youth squad and improved first team training" and also to improve the ratio of owned players to loaned players.

The report added: "Consultancy and legal fees of £84,500 were charged during the year by Messes J & A Boyd, a firm in which Mr Michael Johnston is the principal."

The club’s AGM will take place tomorrow (Wednesday).

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/kilmarnock-fc-finances-revealed-club-21575810

I thought we won 2-1 to secure European Football. Oh, well, you live and learn...

... but not if you read the Record.

Edited by Lions13