AGM

Pelesboots

After the AA f**k-up, BB shouldn’t even be allowed a vote on the identity of the next manager. 

Imagine going into the critical phase of the season with Top Six, Bottom Six and relegation still on the table and being told the job’s yours “if you want to stay”!

I’d be the most laidback dude in Ayrshire too, if it was me!

If BB’s negotiating for three pieces of land, Findlay had better pack his bags because he’ll be away the first time someone offers £1m for him! 

Surely you must go and look at what is available in and before the summer.

Holt and many other candidates would love a shot at a club like ours. Go through proper procedures and see if we can find a diamond. 

Its as if the more Dyer says he doesn’t want to stay or apply for the job, Bowie is more inclined to give him it. I don’t know what they see in Dyer I think as part of Clarke’s staff he was important but he’s not a natural leader for me. 

Need to get someone who can galvanise the fans behind the club and be ambitious with signings and targets. 

24 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Exactly my point. It would not be the first time the hotel,which has nothing to do with the club benefitted from having the same owner as the club. Same contractors doing both projects could result in some costs being merged.  

That's some accusation/conspiracy theory you've got there.

I think we can safely file under "nonsense".

24 minutes ago, piffer said:

Nothing against anyone there but looking at the crowd in the room it doesn’t represent the crowd you see home and away on a Saturday afternoon

Agree it does not represent the crowd home and away but sitting in the Frank Beattie on a Saturday there are a lot of grey haired gentlemen in that stand, myself included. I actually was thinking the same last night while at the meeting that there are very few younger share holders attending and probably very few younger folk have shares at all. 

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

New build what?

And no nothing included for hotel....why would it? It's nothing to do with club. 

Hospitality box

Refurb of Park Suite

Sports bar

Lounges

and NEW BIILD GYM, left of Chadwick

Pitch was also mentioned 

These were not detailed just my guess.

5 minutes ago, GCM said:

Agree it does not represent the crowd home and away but sitting in the Frank Beattie on a Saturday there are a lot of grey haired gentlemen in that stand, myself included. I actually was thinking the same last night while at the meeting that there are very few younger share holders attending and probably very few younger folk have shares at all. 

I would say I'm normally one of the younger ones at the AGM's and like Piffer, I'm closer to 40 than 30!

10 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

£1.2 million seems way over the top for refurbishing existing buildings. A new build could be done for a lot less. I certainly do not see value there. Do those figures perhaps include the work done at the hotel? 

Why would the football club pay for hotel work ?

4 minutes ago, superfan said:

Why would the football club pay for hotel work ?

That’s the point I am making. Why indeed should it?I would like to see a detailed costing of the projects but I will not hold my breath. Everything could and should be above board. 

Edited by Riccarton Bluebell

9 hours ago, skygod said:

John Barnes on the BBC website quoting BB as saying after the AGM that AD has his vote to be manager next season. 

I suppose that’s that settled then. 

I’m still dumbfounded that nobody thought to bring up the subject of AA. 

Why? What benefit would that have brought to the proceedings bringing AA into it?

20 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Hospitality box was done last year. The gym was not a new build but a conversion of an  existing building. 

You do realise, these are last years accounts ????

I was of the opinion this was a major rebuild or extension of what ever was there before, wasn't really aware of anything in that location, think it was something to do with the old under soil heating ?

Its now a player gym, so major rework of what was there ?

Edited by Andy

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

You do realise, these are last years accounts ????

I was of the opinion this was a major rebuild or extension of what ever was there before, wasnt really aware of anything in that location.

There was a tiny wee garage type place where Yeti/Gal stored stuff.

It's essentially a new build except for those looking to be pedantic and have a dig at the board (although strangely silent with previous one man board)

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There was a tiny wee garage type place where Yeti/Gal stored stuff.

It's essentially a new build except for those looking to be pedantic and have a dig at the board (although strangely silent with previous one man board)

100% correct it was effectively a new build, I honestly couldn't remember what it was, and even now its well hidden.

30 minutes ago, Rondo said:

Why? What benefit would that have brought to the proceedings bringing AA into it?

Since Alex Dyer was there it would have been embarrassing. Although we have no idea why one day he was answering questions at a fan's event then sacked a few days later when we were in fifth place in the league. Even a vague explanation would have been better than the release from the board. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As that's how our AGMs go.

Ask a difficult question and the auld fan boys put their toys out the pram.

Even MJ never got a rough ride at them Easy for me to say as i couldn't attend but I'd100% asked about AA.

Are you going to the Trust meeting next week and will you ask about AA? Genuine question. I’m not brave enough to ask questions, so I can’t criticise anyone else. 

39 minutes ago, Rondo said:

Well he was sacked after less than 6 months, sitting 5th in the league and months after our owner declared him the best manager in the league.

I'd have thought some explanation into his sacking would be justified.

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

Are you going to the Trust meeting next week and will you ask about AA? Genuine question. I’m not brave enough to ask questions, so I can’t criticise anyone else. 

I haven't applied for a ticket yet as I'm not sure I can attend.

If I am there i'll 100% ask the question, I would have last night and wasn't slow in asking MJ questions in the past!

47 minutes ago, Rondo said:

Seriously? The biggest story affecting the club in the current financial year shouldn't get a mention?

Firstly, it calls into question the board's competence when they sack a manager six months into a three-year contract, a manager hailed by BB as being the best in Scotland.  

Despite the embarrassment of Connah's Quay, we were fifth in the league at the time so it doesn't seem that the sacking was performance related. 

If it wasn't a mistake to appoint him, was it an error to get rid of him so soon?

Secondly, how much did it cost the club to terminate the contracts of the manager and his associates?

These are questions which shareholders are entitled to ask, whether or not you think there would have been a benefit. 

I expect the club would have planned a response which would have been along the lines of "Unable to comment due to the terms of the compromise agreement with AA". To not even raise the subject and put the matter to bed once and for all, leaving the elephant hanging around in the room until next year's AGM when it will be part of the report and accounts for the current financial year, is surprising. 

In fact, the board could have pre-empted any questions by making a statement on the subject. It might not have satisfied everyone but it would have been the grown-up way to deal with it. 

I don't see why dealing with the subject should cause AD any embarrassment. He just happens to be the beneficiary of the affair. 

Edited by skygod

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I haven't applied for a ticket yet as I'm not sure I can attend.

If I am there i'll 100% ask the question, I would have last night and wasn't slow in asking MJ questions in the past!

Looks like sold out. If you need a ticket, let me know. One of ours might not be able to go. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I would say I'm normally one of the younger ones at the AGM's and like Piffer, I'm closer to 40 than 30!

I'm one of the older ones and I'm nearer 40 than 30 too!

When I bought my shares (during the big sale) I was nearer 30 than 40 and attended every AGM.  As there have been no major sales of shares since then, it's not surprising that the shareholder profile is "grey" and does not reflect fan base.  In 30 years' time you will still be one of the younger ones.

I've stopped going to AGMs for 3 reasons

1) Accounts are almost a year out of date, so we all get confused when talking about what happened when, and what is in or out of "the books".  A few years ago I asked if we could speed up the process and Rogerson & Goldie (then auditors) agreed that would be better and that AGM could be held in same calendar year..  It's now worse.

2) There is no real opportunity to delve into the accounts and get any detail.  Even an explanation of what major expenditure and income items were in the accounts and what would be in future ones would help.  Every board has treated AGM as an unavoidable evil to get raced through. 

3) MJ, then Christine were expert at rushing through to get to "meet the manager", where some ROF would ask why we weren't looking at Talbot's centre half.   AGM and "meet the manager" should be separate events, different days and different audience.

I also think there are many shareholders who are reluctant to speak in public, hence everyone wants someone else to ask the questions.  We then get stuck with a few ROFs who never shut up while no one asks BB about AA.

1 minute ago, killiekosmos said:

I'm one of the older ones and I'm nearer 40 than 30 too!

When I bought my shares (during the big sale) I was nearer 30 than 40 and attended every AGM.  As there have been no major sales of shares since then, it's not surprising that the shareholder profile is "grey" and does not reflect fan base.  In 30 years' time you will still be one of the younger ones.

I've stopped going to AGMs for 3 reasons

1) Accounts are almost a year out of date, so we all get confused when talking about what happened when, and what is in or out of "the books".  A few years ago I asked if we could speed up the process and Rogerson & Goldie (then auditors) agreed that would be better and that AGM could be held in same calendar year..  It's now worse.

2) There is no real opportunity to delve into the accounts and get any detail.  Even an explanation of what major expenditure and income items were in the accounts and what would be in future ones would help.  Every board has treated AGM as an unavoidable evil to get raced through. 

3) MJ, then Christine were expert at rushing through to get to "meet the manager", where some ROF would ask why we weren't looking at Talbot's centre half.   AGM and "meet the manager" should be separate events, different days and different audience.

I also think there are many shareholders who are reluctant to speak in public, hence everyone wants someone else to ask the questions.  We then get stuck with a few ROFs who never shut up while no one asks BB about AA.

In fairness last night there were a surprising amount of opportunities to ask questions if you wanted. At the end of each section it was opened to the floor. Each director willing to take questions. There was a director Q&A. Fowler opened up to the floor after his section. There was an any other business and then the manager Q&A.

Probably the most open AGM I’ve attended