AGM

Pelesboots

20 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Phyllis said at the Trust On Board in Person 1 that both clubs agrred a NDA for the Taylor transfer so she couldnt disclose the amount we recieved.....

Ah the infamous MJ non-disclosure agreements. Wonder if AJ Boyd & Co solicitors advised on this as part of the £84k they rinsed the club for?  

1 minute ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Ah the infamous MJ non-disclosure agreements. Wonder if AJ Boyd & Co solicitors advised on this as part of the £84k they rinsed the club for?  

Was actually thinking that the other day - what do we use him for that deems £84k a year is due?

Would he be involved in any legal aspects of transfers in/out?

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was actually thinking that the other day - what do we use him for that deems £84k a year is due?

Would he be involved in any legal aspects of transfers in/out?

Accounts aren't at Companies House yet, so can't check for myself - how are the MJ monies disclosed in the Accounts?

As a related party transaction?

8 minutes ago, Trumpetree said:

Accounts aren't at Companies House yet, so can't check for myself - how are the MJ monies disclosed in the Accounts?

As a related party transaction?

it's in notes at end of the accounts.

Consultancy and Legal Fees payable to Messes J & A Boyd, a firm in which Michael Johnston is the principal - £84,500 (up from £78,000 the previous year)

I'm just surprised it needs to get disclosed at all - I thought MJ was sufficiently out of the picture that he'd be treated like any other supplier, with no specific requirement to separately disclose in the Notes.

That said, the online KFC record at Companies House suggests that he ceased to be a "person of significant control" from 15.3.19, which is still in the financial year being reported.

2 minutes ago, Trumpetree said:

I'm just surprised it needs to get disclosed at all - I thought MJ was sufficiently out of the picture that he'd be treated like any other supplier, with no specific requirement to separately disclose in the Notes.

That said, the online KFC record at Companies House suggests that he ceased to be a "person of significant control" from 15.3.19, which is still in the financial year being reported.

Aye think that's when his 5 years were up?

6 hours ago, Estragon said:

Hang on, what wall is this?  I've got a brick at the back of the Moffat Stand as well, it was the first one to be erected - alongside the League and Cup winning XIs.

No one has said the wall is being removed and the bricks destroyed. As usual some drama queen on here posts an opinion as fact and everyone jumps on it and uses it to beat up the club

4 hours ago, boydiesback said:

No one has said the wall is being removed and the bricks destroyed. As usual some drama queen on here posts an opinion as fact and everyone jumps on it and uses it to beat up the club

Not sure if this is aimed at my original post on the subject, or the subsequent reaction to it. Since I am neither dramatic nor a queen I’m going to assume you weren’t having a snide dig and that your (over)reaction was borne out of something else. 
As is tradition on here, I will emphasise the veracity of my statements by suffixing them with ‘Fact’ in upper case. 
My daughter ( for it was she) went to check on the progress of the brick she’d bought for her boyfriend’s Christmas, and was told that no more were going up as the wall behind the Moffat was being knocked down. FACT 

She was not told where her purchased brick would be displayed, nor where the dismantled bricks would be relocated. FACT

At no point was she told the bricks would be destroyed, nor did I imply that in my post. FACT

Finally, I was not using supposition to ‘beat the club up with’. I have experienced nothing but courtesy, politeness and helpfulness in the club shop and think the folk in there do a sterling job under sometimes difficult circumstances. It really shouldn’t have been up to the girls in the shop to impart such fairly important news that will impact many supporters, some of whom have since lost love ones whose names are on those bricks. 

Hope this clears this up for you. I’m perfectly happy for you to point out anything you feel is inaccurate or downright malicious. 

Edited by Stefanus

54 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Regarding the named bricks in the wall. Does anyone know if the club has retained a record of these bricks? I ask this as many have fallen off and seemingly no attempt has been made to replace them. 

I seem to remember a number being vandalised some time ago. I thought they had been replaced then but not sure