Rangers home, Fred

CB

45 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

The BLACK in our song has nothing to do with race ffs 

Weve had this argument over umpteen threads, and while I totally agree with you, it's irrelevant when other do notnknownthisnor understand it.

It's not how something is said or even what is said, its what is heard and understood that determines whether anything is offense or not.

Just watched the brief video on the Morelos incident and IF accurate it sounds like there was a clear abusive shout.  Technical magicians can make us think we see or hear anything they want these days but on balance it looks like we have an issue to address.

The male voice must have been clearly heard by those in the immediate vicinity, so , if it is an accurate recording, please shop the culprit now and clear the air for the rest of the Killie support.

I'm very conscious of the Rangers PR machine that turned the disabled shelter attack at the start of the season back on us and there is the risk Wednesday's defeat may be the backdrop to this incident in a desperate attempt to deflect from their latest RP doing. 

Whatever the truth of the matter the fact remains when Rangers come to town, they are accompanied by the nastiest side of Scottish football.

8 minutes ago, zinger said:

Just watched the brief video on the Morelos incident and IF accurate it sounds like there was a clear abusive shout.  Technical magicians can make us think we see or hear anything they want these days but on balance it looks like we have an issue to address.

The male voice must have been clearly heard by those in the immediate vicinity, so , if it is an accurate recording, please shop the culprit now and clear the air for the rest of the Killie support.

I'm very conscious of the Rangers PR machine that turned the disabled shelter attack at the start of the season back on us and there is the risk Wednesday's defeat may be the backdrop to this incident in a desperate attempt to deflect from their latest RP doing. 

Whatever the truth of the matter the fact remains when Rangers come to town, they are accompanied by the nastiest side of Scottish football.

A quick look on social media would show you that a Killie fan next to the fan shouting says is was "Hun bastards". I'd tend to believe him over the media.

Edited to say that if there was anyone guilty of it then we should turf them out.

Edited by Big Tam
addendum

11 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

He will have been punching himself in the face then gone runnling to the papers with the current story and blaming Michael Stewart.

Edit:- having now read the story it appears it was a verbal attack, so someone shouted at him. Pathetic that these days that is newsworthy, getting shouted at. I wonder if its further deflection tactics, or indeed trying to get Michael Stewart sacked.

I'm led to believe that it was only a small minority of people in the street that were partaking in sectarian abuse. Also, as the owners of the street have made a paltry donation to Nil By Mouth they have done all that was needed to deny all responsibilty . Jabba has therefore dropped all charges as he wrote the original statement.

Edited by MrTumnus

1 minute ago, andy123 said:

same words, same meaning. Look up the word black in the dictionary and get back to me

If I shout black bastard at you and you approach the police and tell them I've racially abused you, would the police take you seriously and take me into custody and charge me? No.

If the same happened to Morelos, and he reported it, what would happen? The complete opposite.

Same words. It's where and how it is directed and you know that. It's just another excuse for you to hijack a thread saying "look at me look at me"

2 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

It’s not the same meaning though, is it? 
Worst troll on here, do they not miss you on followfollow?

is it not? Show me some evidence that the word black means something else!!!!!

It's a song we sung years ago when those kind of songs were acceptable. 

Times have changed this is the second time this season one of our fans have embarrassed us by been racist. 

Black means black 

White means white

If you want to sing racist songs carry on but I wont. 

Wonder if we have to give our black players an induction. When you hear those words they dont actually mean black they are singing about dirty people from AYR. We have our own language in ayrshire.  

3 minutes ago, andy123 said:

is it not? Show me some evidence that the word black means something else!!!!!

It's a song we sung years ago when those kind of songs were acceptable. 

Times have changed this is the second time this season one of our fans have embarrassed us by been racist. 

Black means black 

White means white

If you want to sing racist songs carry on but I wont. 

Wonder if we have to give our black players an induction. When you hear those words they dont actually mean black they are singing about dirty people from AYR. We have our own language in ayrshire.  

Calling a black person a black bastard was never acceptable, shows how much you know. f**king troll.

Edited by Guff92

7 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

If I shout black bastard at you and you approach the police and tell them I've racially abused you, would the police take you seriously and take me into custody and charge me? No.

If the same happened to Morelos, and he reported it, what would happen? The complete opposite.

Same words. It's where and how it is directed and you know that. It's just another excuse for you to hijack a thread saying "look at me look at me"

hahaha pretty much sums it up. You have just presumed I'm white as I'm a killie fan. Do we not have black fans!!!!!!!

So you possibly could get arrested yes but well done for stereotyping the killie support. 

By what you have just written the police would probably know your name

It’s all to do with context.

The “black” referred to in the A*r song refers to being unclean. The origins of “black” being used in that context stems from mining and people returning from the pit covered in coal dust. Effectively you were filthy in a black dust. Therefore “black mocket” or if you come from A*r “black basturt”.  Nothing related to race.

Although as racism is an absolute cancer to current society and has grown in profile over the years, our unfortunate slur towards our county cousins has been somewhat distorted and is often interpreted to be racist. When in actual fact, it’s not. 

Just now, Guff92 said:

Calling a black person a black person was never acceptable, shows how much you know. f**king troll.

was it not. It would seem it was in the 60s and 70s. It was all over the tv. example "in sickness and in health". It was totally acceptable in society.  I never said I agreed with this. it was well before my time. 

2 minutes ago, G said:

It’s all to do with context.

The “black” referred to in the A*r song refers to being unclean. The origins of “black” being used in that context stems from mining and people returning from the pit covered in coal dust. Effectively you were filthy in a black dust. Therefore “black mocket” or if you come from A*r “black basturt”.  Nothing related to race.

Although as racism is an absolute cancer to current society and has grown in profile over the years, our unfortunate slur towards our county cousins has been somewhat distorted and is often interpreted to be racist. When in actual fact, it’s not. 

I'm aware of the reason we sing it. but when did the last pit close? 

Time to move on. Dont agree that I have to take my son and explain why they are signing about "black bastards" and all other clubs outside ayrshire dont really have a clue about the coal dust. 

If ayr have (not sure they do) a black player and we sing that song does it then become a racist song if that's the way he interprets it. 

I believe it would be. 

Much easier just to move on from it all we like to moan about other teams fans but we have our own scumbags too remember 

Just now, The Painter said:

It doesn’t matter if it’s meant in a racist tone in that song or not. Just change the word black to something else. It’s not hard. Then the argument on here will stop and nobody from the press or other clubs can use it against us. 

exactly. Manky, stinky, dirty. Loads of better words