Rangers home, Fred

CB

1 hour ago, KillieFC said:

Saying Sevco are your second favourite team. What next, you love half and half scarves? You're on the watch list.

Hahahaha on a side note, please don’t ban him. He’s the closest thing to me as the most unliked person on here, he may well take over my score :D

1 hour ago, andy123 said:

banned for what? saying god save the queen is the national anthem for scotland. the statement is true flower of scotland is a song the british national anthem is GSTQ. Each individual country does not have it's own Athem in britian. Calling somebody a rat isnt very nice. I wonder if you should be banned for that. 

Sorry, I meant binned. 

On 2/17/2020 at 4:29 PM, Mclean07 said:

It’s quite depressing, the total refusal to change one word in one of our songs, to make it acceptable in the 21st century. We condemn the old Scum for their refusal to change with the times, but steadfastly refuse to do so ourselves. All for the sake of making a small amendment to do the right thing. We also engage in Old Scum paranoia and whataboutary when an allegation is made against us, instead of just letting due process take place. 

Imagine justifying our words, face to face, with Alex Dyer or any of our black players.

Us: Are you ok with the term “black b*******”, Alex in the Ayr song”.

Alex: “Well, I cant say I’m a great fan of the phrase, as it’s probably the most commonly used insult their is to black people”.

Us: “Well, the thing is, Alex, in Ayrshire it’s just a traditional word for dirty”.

Alex: Oh, right, that doesn’t sound great to me, either. Can’t you just replace that one word, to be sure It doesn’t come across as offensive”.

Us: Naw, it’s wur tradition, so you just have to live with it.

I’ll never forget someone saying our black players were ok with it, because a gang of drunken Killie fans accosted a teenage William Gross, and asked if he minded. As if the young kid was going to disagree with them. It’s embarrassing even thinking about him being put in that position.

I know every major figure in the club and the organisations associated are uncomfortable with it. But, hey ho, one rule for us (for some of our number) and another rule for everyone else. Pity. 

Great post, point very well made. When it's put like that we have to agree to change it to 'dirty' or 'manky' b******* (sing whichever you like)

1 hour ago, KillieFC said:

Saying Sevco are your second favourite team. What next, you love half and half scarves? You're on the watch list.

I also love ally mccoist. Funny guy on talk sport. Ex killie legend too. Remember his hatrick against hearts. We got some good ex rangers players in the past. That was the old rangers tho. The new club are pants 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Rae at it again tonight. It’s “astonishing” that, where there are empty seats, they are not given to Sevco to make things look better.

He really, really doesn’t get how thoroughly unpleasant, unwelcome and unwanted the old firm are.

Wish another pundit would have the guts to counter his argument with a simple “ask yourself why clubs don’t want more rangers or Celtic fans in their stadium”. 

48 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Rae at it again tonight. It’s “astonishing” that, where there are empty seats, they are not given to Sevco to make things look better.

He really, really doesn’t get how thoroughly unpleasant, unwelcome and unwanted the old firm are.

Rae is and always will be a very bitter man.

3 hours ago, killie1961 said:

Has Gerrad resigned yet?

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Tick tock I dont expect him to be there for the new season, that's if he lasts till the end of this one. 

He's planting a seed of doubt judging by his bbc post match interview......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51692825

Edited by C4mmy31