Apology

Mclean07

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

In previous threads we may have given the impression that we believed Alex Dyer was unsuitable to be the Kilmarnock FC manager. This terrible slur has been retracted. We thank you, Lord Dyer for your continued efforts. 

Wait till we lose to hivs and sheep and see what the mood is , only joking the turnaround with 2 up front has been brilliant and to basically condemn those hun bastards to another season without a title was truly magnificent , big Alex doing well and long may it continue 

2 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

Wait till we lose to hivs and sheep and see what the mood is , only joking the turnaround with 2 up front has been brilliant and to basically condemn those hun bastards to another season without a title was truly magnificent , big Alex doing well and long may it continue 

Just watched Alex Dyers post match interview. Pleased for a  big man who doesn't play the big man.

11 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

In previous threads we may have given the impression that we believed Alex Dyer was unsuitable to be the Kilmarnock FC manager. This terrible slur has been retracted. We thank you, Lord Dyer for your continued efforts. 

Eight more posts like that one and your balance will be back in the “green”! 

I wouldn't say I ever argued against his appointment but I definitely had serious doubts.

My fear at the start was that his background was a fitness coach and he's never really said much in the media to suggest he was particularly tactically minded. He's broken up the midfield 3 that wasn't working, introduced a few players who have complimented his system he wants, he's tried out a different system v Aberdeen that got a very decent result and made some smart tactical switches last night to close out the game. Most importantly he has us back scoring goals and looking more dangerous on the attack. 

His dealings with the media are much better. He's opened up a bit and started offering more than just a string of clichés, that alone gives you a bit more confidence in him. It's a bit clearer now what he's trying to do.

He's rapidly winning me over. Looking at Livingstons upcoming run of fixtures, how up and down Hibs are and the fact that Aberdeen and Motherwell look more beatable than they once were, Dyer has made top 6 a realistic possibility again. If he gets us top 6 then he should definitely get the job.

I was reasonably confident it would come good right up until the 2nd half in Perth.

By half time against Ross county we were looking at loosing 8 games on the bounce and I have to say I felt Dyer's position could have been untenable by full time.

Since then there has been a transformation, you can see the self belief coursing through the team, All hail Alex Dyer.

6 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

If things keep going well .......then question for the Board will be if or when they offer him a longer contract  ---if we are to make long term plans and have a much better transfer window -as keep promising---- then having a Manager in place beyond end of the season is surely a big step 

I think if we get top 6 i'd offer him the job on a rolling contract. Would be a good achievement with a depleted squad from last season. 

17 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

If things keep going well .......then question for the Board will be if or when they offer him a longer contract  ---if we are to make long term plans and have a much better transfer window -as keep promising---- then having a Manager in place beyond end of the season is surely a big step 

I'm pretty sure Dyer said in a recent interview re: odonnel leaving that they already have a plan in place for replacing him if he leaves. That's the kind of chat we are surely looking for! 

1 hour ago, MC Jakey said:

I'm pretty sure Dyer said in a recent interview re: odonnel leaving that they already have a plan in place for replacing him if he leaves. That's the kind of chat we are surely looking for! 

The only fear with that is we had plans in place for January that we couldn’t get over the line for the second window in a row

15 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

You're not wrong though .... we lose those games and the knives will be out again.