Federico Rasic

killieboy87

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I totally agree. All I mean is that we may need to reassess the level our game is at. 

I think our level is fine. There is a steady stream going to a very good level in England.

The lower leagues in England are poor but there are still guys who can come up and do a job.

Edited by NorfolkG

42 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I think our level is fine. There is a steady stream going to a very good level in England.

The lower leagues in England are poor but there are still guys who can come up and do a job.

It's amazing the improvement that good coaching and better players around them can make to a previously average player.

On 2/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, Mclean07 said:

After the impact of Kabamba we maybe need to realise you don’t have to have a great playing record to make an impact in Scotland. 

On 2/14/2020 at 10:22 AM, Mclean07 said:

I totally agree. All I mean is that we may need to reassess the level our game is at. 

So does Jamie Vardy going from non league to winning the premier league mean Leicester need to reassess their level? Robertson winning a Champions League with Liverpool mean they have to reassess their level?

Players develop in different ways and have different playing styles. Kabamba suiting us and Scottish football doesn't mean after signing from non league that that's our level. 

Plenty of players who have excelled elsewhere have struggled in our league. 

On 2/15/2020 at 1:14 PM, livvy said:

So does Jamie Vardy going from non league to winning the premier league mean Leicester need to reassess their level? Robertson winning a Champions League with Liverpool mean they have to reassess their level?

Players develop in different ways and have different playing styles. Kabamba suiting us and Scottish football doesn't mean after signing from non league that that's our level. 

Plenty of players who have excelled elsewhere have struggled in our league. 

The players you quote are pretty exceptional. Many players from lower levels seem to make or up here. Look at Motherwell. I’m not dissing our football, I love it, I’m just saying the standard maybe isn’t as good as wee think at times. 

1 hour ago, jam1869 said:

Dont think he would be able to play. Would've needed to be signed before the 1st game

12.5 When a Match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those Players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the Official Team Line for a Club at the date fixed for originally playing the Match, are eligible to be listed on the Official Team Line for that Club for the rescheduled Match.

14 hours ago, jam1869 said:

Dont think he would be able to play. Would've needed to be signed before the 1st game

Can't Rasic just shave off the beard, get a haircut ircut and pretend he's Adam Frizzell. A few notes in the matchday programme about how he's worked hard and bulked up since his latest loan spell should cover any unwarranted attention from the press or SFA. xD

Edited by Asasaid
Killie since conceived in '66

Just curious. Why does it always appear to take so long to sign someone. We must know what they are like before they arrive.  The player must know roughly the terms on offer. Yes get them about the place and see if it all fits. When someone is unattached it  should be easier.  This is not a moan just generally interested as to why it appears to take so long. 

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

Just curious. Why does it always appear to take so long to sign someone. We must know what they are like before they arrive.  The player must know roughly the terms on offer. Yes get them about the place and see if it all fits. When someone is unattached it  should be easier.  This is not a moan just generally interested as to why it appears to take so long. 

Agents being agents? Everyone 'at our level' will be making googly eyes at unattached players. Agents will wring every penny they can out of a club, then go to another interested party and tell them what has been offered, and give them a chance to beat it, i'd imagine.

1 minute ago, Robert said:

...and what did we learn from playing him against Well reserves who, according to their own telly report, were made up of 18, 17 and even 16 year olds?

21 hours ago, Robert said:

Kabamba? Made contact on the Thursday and he was signed by the Saturday. Maybe the exception to the rule but I know where you're coming from

21 minutes ago, Rondo said:

Kabamba? Made contact on the Thursday and he was signed by the Saturday. Maybe the exception to the rule but I know where you're coming from

He was with a club though and had played this season so match fitness shouldn't be an issue. Free agents are free agents for a reason and often it's because of injury or fitness issues. Come in on trial, prove your fitness and quality, get a deal, sorted. Unless it's a special case like a class act like an eremenko who could change a game regardless of physical condition.