Federico Rasic

killieboy87

all strange ---to have him up here for well over a week as with Mutch --surely some background checks are done first especially now with a structure in place at the club

-with time now passed not sure if will be any additions --some clubs did make out of contract signings shortly after the window closed to back up their squad 3 weeks gone and we have failed to do so 

38 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This one unlikely to happen I've heard.

We were in talks but don't think it's going ahead.

Are we knocking it on the head or player/his agent? 

Is it fitness or finance? 

Maybe he's had another offer and wants to explore it. 

If you don't know that's fair enough. 

It's just if the club are happy with his fitness and have offered him a deal then I don't see what else we can do. 

If negotiations break down because both parties cannot agree then so be it. 

10 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Are we knocking it on the head or player/his agent? 

Is it fitness or finance? 

Maybe he's had another offer and wants to explore it. 

If you don't know that's fair enough. 

It's just if the club are happy with his fitness and have offered him a deal then I don't see what else we can do. 

If negotiations break down because both parties cannot agree then so be it. 

Dunno, all I know is what I posted mate.

The number of players we have brought in to 'have a look at' and then don't sign since the summer has been a fair few.

In the summer 4 trialists in Spain,and recently Mutch and Rasic.

Looks like the only option now is to have Innes Cameron on the bench as the only other forward at the club outside Brophy and Kabamba.

18 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

The number of players we have brought in to 'have a look at' and then don't sign since the summer has been a fair few.

In the summer 4 trialists in Spain,and recently Mutch and Rasic.

Looks like the only option now is to have Innes Cameron on the bench as the only other forward at the club outside Brophy and Kabamba.

Don't forget Kwame Thomas!

I think the only two we have offered terms to following trials are Wheater and Rasic.  Wheater ended up with an offer from England meaning he didn't have to up sticks and god only knows what's broken down with Rasic considering hes been here for nearly two weeks.  Hugely frustrating we seem incapable of getting deals over the line in comparison to every other club in the league.

Edited by Mojike and Bod

3 hours ago, theauldyin said:

So if Brophy picks up an injury. We have one fit striker, and a few young lads.  FFS

Should that mean the club should just go out and sign any striker available? The guy might have shown up well in training/reserve game but if he is asking for more than what the club is willing to pay then we shouldn’t be held to ransom. 

We definitely need more signings, but if the deals not right then we shouldn’t be doing it. We signed Sow and Jackson and they turned out to be a waste of a wage. So it is good in a way the club are doing their due diligence. It’s also poor that we are at this stage of the season with only 3 recognised strikers (I’m including Cameron who is hopefully back soon). 

27 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Don't forget Kwame Thomas!

I think the only two we have offered terms to following trials are Wheater and Rasic.  Wheater ended up with an offer from England meaning he didn't have to up sticks and god only knows what's broken down with Rasic considering hes been here for nearly two weeks.  Hugely frustrating we seem incapable of getting deals over the line in comparison to every other club in the league.

Agents can smell our desperation and will bump up their demands. 

17 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Should that mean the club should just go out and sign any striker available? The guy might have shown up well in training/reserve game but if he is asking for more than what the club is willing to pay then we shouldn’t be held to ransom. 

We definitely need more signings, but if the deals not right then we shouldn’t be doing it. We signed Sow and Jackson and they turned out to be a waste of a wage. So it is good in a way the club are doing their due diligence. It’s also poor that we are at this stage of the season with only 3 recognised strikers (I’m including Cameron who is hopefully back soon). 

No it does no mean any striker, but this is now almost end of February and this could come back and bite us.

17 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Surely getting an idea of a players wage expectations should be done before bringing them in. No point in them impressing then not being able to afford wages they are asking for? Or is that not the way it works with a trialist?

6 minutes ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

Surely getting an idea of a players wage expectations should be done before bringing them in. No point in them impressing then not being able to afford wages they are asking for? Or is that not the way it works with a trialist?

I think if a trialist impresses, the agent cranks up the demands.

I remember we were done by that a couple of times under Jim Jeffries.

Was playing for Pafos in Cyprus whos last few home games were in front of 1000, 600 and 300 fans, would not have thought they would have been paying him too highly unless they have someone bank rolling them. Mind you weather in Cyprus just now much better than here for playing (and watching) a game of football.

18 minutes ago, GCM said:

Was playing for Pafos in Cyprus whos last few home games were in front of 1000, 600 and 300 fans, would not have thought they would have been paying him too highly unless they have someone bank rolling them. Mind you weather in Cyprus just now much better than here for playing (and watching) a game of football.

Not sure what teams but think there is a bit of Russian money in the Cypriot game. Remember reading an article about rich people who used to be able to invest in bigger clubs but were priced out by Oil money and where they are investing now. A lot of clubs in less popular leagues able to spend some serious cash.