Federico Rasic

killieboy87

Think the only time we might play “youngsters” is if we are in bottom 6 and when 7th is guaranteed  .......

whether Rasic would  improved the squad is not the real problem it is that despite bringing in a HoF we had a poor January window and not utilised the out of contract options either ......we had busy and important month just past and that extra quality signing or 2 would surely have helped..

.overall the player recruitment this season has been average to say the least  .......when the club should been building on last season success it has to an extent stood still in not refreshing the squad or finding long term recruits 

The board will be judged over the summer to see what they have learned after 1 botched managerial appointment in July and 2 very poor recruitment efforts in the summer and January transfer windows.

If they make a mess of the managerial appointment  for the 2rd time and also a 3rd transfer window there is no doubt there will be serious questions to ask of the Board. 

14 minutes ago, Steppskillie said:

The board will be judged over the summer to see what they have learned after 1 botched managerial appointment in July and 2 very poor recruitment efforts in the summer and January transfer windows.

If they make a mess of the managerial appointment  for the 2rd time and also a 3rd transfer window there is no doubt there will be serious questions to ask of the Board. 

We were told they wouldn’t make a mess of the second and that they learned their lessons. 

21 minutes ago, Steppskillie said:

Serious questions ?  They should be booted if they muck up another managerial appointment and transfer window. 

11 minutes ago, superfan said:

Perhaps you would like to explain how you boot someone who owns 80% of our football club. Do you really think they did these things on purpose ? 

Didn't MJ own 100% ?  On purpose ?  Depends how you look at it, they do have a track record of appointing  inexperienced people to management posts apart from Steve Clarke, who was handed to them on a plate. I doubt if Billy Bowie operates the same policy within his own company. Hearts have almost the perfect stadium, fanbase that backs them financially, and board. That same board has made two appointments which has put their stay in the Premiership in jeopardy. I doubt if Mrs. Budge and the board will be universally popular if they are relegated. 

5 minutes ago, rb_506 said:

. The Fowler appointment is a step in the right direction but certainly not the final piece in the puzzle, the biggest mistake for me that the board is making is not expanding the board, they need help not hunted.

It very much remains to be seen if appointing James Fowler to the role of HoF or whatever it is called was the right decision. He is very inexperienced in the role and both him and the board left the manager with an even smaller squad after the January window than he had going into it.
I realise that he's only been in the role for a short period but so far there have been no obvious positives that I can see.

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

It very much remains to be seen if appointing James Fowler to the role of HoF or whatever it is called was the right decision. He is very inexperienced in the role and both him and the board left the manager with an even smaller squad after the January window than he had going into it.
I realise that he's only been in the role for a short period but so far there have been no obvious positives that I can see.

It doesn't surprise me that you cannot see any positives as you seem to spend your time looking for negatives.

Just now, historyman said:

Seriously, what do you expect to see? We had one window and it proved problematic for a variety of reasons, yet we are slaughtering Fowler for not signing a match winner from the heap of crap available in January that no one else wants. We don't know what he does on a day to day basis so we assume he does nothing, I've said this before, why do we always assume the worst? He might be doing a sterling job and holding everything together but because we don't have first hand knowledge of it we think its okay to slander his efforts. How anyone at the club gets motivated to do their best is beyond me, we are constantly bringing them down and only every show appreciation when we get a win on the park, we are turning into literal stereotypical fickle fans.

14 minutes ago, historyman said:

He's not Gordon Smith. That's a positive surely? 

30 minutes ago, superfan said:

It doesn't surprise me that you cannot see any positives as you seem to spend your time looking for negatives.

He may well be doing a sterling job but as he was appointed to the role with very little experience it takes quite a leap of faith to come to that conclusion.

Before the January window we were told that as we had a HoF in place that would prevent us making the same mistakes from the summer. That's certainly not how it turned out.

This summer will give us all some hard evidence of how things are progressing or not with the appointment of a manager and a major squad re-building.

Edited by historyman

1 hour ago, rb_506 said:

MJ never owned 100% at any stage, otherwise why would he even consider an AGM if he was the only shareholder? Budge has been paid back has she not? They could probably remove her if they want. He who pays the piper calls the tune. You quite rightly point out all the good things that are happening at Hearts and the sting in the tail being that they are in real relegation trouble. At some point fans will have to get to grips with the fact that football decisions are very difficult and more often than not mistakes will be made, that's football, that's what happens, not everyone can win things all the time and be super successful on the park no matter how well you are doing off it. We are very quick to be pointing the finger at any perceived arse up while only a small percentage of fans are actually going the extra mile to try and help. I understand that not everyone can make that extra commitment, but I equally don't understand how so many feel they are entitled to launch into Billy Bowie who is probably doing his best in a field that is alien to him. It's not about knowing your place before anyone gets on their high horse, its about appreciating our strengths and weaknesses and accepting that there are no white knights going to come in and no one else cares about Killie except us. We should be glad that Clarke was touted and then taken up by the board, not hold it as a yardstick against them, there are not many managers of his calibre about that would even entertain talking to us. I'm not saying we should settle for less, but we should acknowledge that he was the exception and not the rule and that we were the envy of every club in the country out with Celtic at the time - on our budget and with our average crowd that was no mean feat. Progression was always going to be difficult, sacking managers the fans are unwilling to give a chance and slaughtering the board constantly for mistakes they made in the (even recent) past is only going to lead to heartbreak. We need a period of stability while the off field issues are being addressed, years of mismanagement are not undone in a matter of months or even in some cases years, there are commitments and contracts to consider. The Fowler appointment is a step in the right direction but certainly not the final piece in the puzzle, the biggest mistake for me that the board is making is not expanding the board, they need help not hunted.

MJ didn't own 100%, but he did own the vast majority of shares. The appointment of a HoF was a step in the right direction, whether James Fowler is the right person for the job remains to be seen. Yes, we should be exceedingly glad that Steve Clarke took the job, it has been the only managerial decision that the board has got right so far. They dithered on sacking McCulloch when it was obvious he wasn't ready for the job, then sacked Alessio when they could have waited. There may have been a legitimate reason for sacking Alessio, but there hasn't been any hint of what that reason was. Without a chairperson our board looks like a collection of individuals, lacking leadership, at least Hearts have somebody to take the flak when things go wrong. At the moment nobody from our board will accept responsibility for decisions that go wrong, and Cathy Jamieson is the convenient scapegoat who is tasked with communicating decisions that Bowie should own. 

We all wanted more signings in January and perhaps JFs inexperience had a role to play in that not happening but can we please give the man a chance?

The HoF position was something we were all generally in favour of after the CEO went but there was clearly limited interest in the vacancy. In JF we have someone that will inevitably be learning on the job but that undoubtedly has the best interests of the club at heart. 

There is only one way to get experience and that’s by doing the job. I’m sure we’ve all been thrown in at the deep end at work before so maybe keep that in mind and cut him a little slack. 

2 hours ago, rb_506 said:

....we are slaughtering Fowler for not signing a match winner from the heap of crap available in January that no one else wants.

Amazingly, some people are still keen for us to sign players who were left on the heap of crap when the window closed.

With ten matches left to play, most of which will probably be irrelevant, I can't see us handing out three-month contracts. 

Getting a tune out of Bunn, Hendrie and St Clair should be more of a priority.

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

MJ didn't own 100%, but he did own the vast majority of shares. The appointment of a HoF was a step in the right direction, whether James Fowler is the right person for the job remains to be seen. Yes, we should be exceedingly glad that Steve Clarke took the job, it has been the only managerial decision that the board has got right so far. They dithered on sacking McCulloch when it was obvious he wasn't ready for the job, then sacked Alessio when they could have waited. There may have been a legitimate reason for sacking Alessio, but there hasn't been any hint of what that reason was. Without a chairperson our board looks like a collection of individuals, lacking leadership, at least Hearts have somebody to take the flak when things go wrong. At the moment nobody from our board will accept responsibility for decisions that go wrong, and Cathy Jamieson is the convenient scapegoat who is tasked with communicating decisions that Bowie should own. 

I can't really disagree with most of that, especially the leadership point. As much as I am indebted to Billy Bowie for intervening, side lining MJ and putting money in where it was deemed most needed, he should really have taken on the role of chairman and if he didn't want it should have elected or headhunted someone else to take it on.