Jackson Carlaw

gdevoy

9 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Invented by Labour...  ha ha what an absolute fail

40 minutes ago, Scooter said:

You know Curriculum For Excellence was developed in 2002-4 under the Jack McConnell government, and the SNP government only implemented what came out of the consultation, right? 

Tell us more about this SNP con though....

43 minutes ago, Scooter said:

You know Curriculum For Excellence was developed in 2002-4 under the Jack McConnell government, and the SNP government only implemented what came out of the consultation, right? 

Tell us more about this SNP con though....

OK  Curriculum for Excellence is a con

48 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

OK  Curriculum for Excellence is a con

At least you corrected your statement  however I repeat european independent experts have told the SNP to stay the course as their policies are working and things are improving.

This isnt me, the SNP and definitely not labour, the tories or their mouhpieces in the broadcast and printed media speaking its.from people with no skin in the game.  Whether they're right of wrong is moot as the media have cranked up operation SNP bad as soon as the Tories got back in.

6 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

At least you corrected your statement  however I repeat european independent experts have told the SNP to stay the course as their policies are working and things are improving.

This isnt me, the SNP and definitely not labour, the tories or their mouhpieces in the broadcast and printed media speaking its.from people with no skin in the game.  Whether they're right of wrong is moot as the media have cranked up operation SNP bad as soon as the Tories got back in.

So if CoE is considered a success in the future , will you share it with the instigators? 

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

So if CoE is considered a success in the future , will you share it with the instigators? 

You really are a piece of work, everything is SNP baad union good isnt it.

And if its proven to be a success, would the instigators of the idea deserve credit, or would they have made a massive arse of it as well a they have with most if not everything they tried in Scotland 

I think the issue with CfE is not whether it is bad of good it is the dogged persistence with it by the current government.

All the indications so far are that it is not working and the people charged with delivering it have no confidence in it. So the question is what do you do?

Clearly the SNP either have great confidence in it for some reason nobody can see but them or they are just too pig-headed to admit it aint working. The longer they go on without any apparent need to explain the former the more people will conclude it is the latter.

Edited by gdevoy

57 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

You really are a piece of work, everything is SNP baad union good isnt it.

And if its proven to be a success, would the instigators of the idea deserve credit, or would they have made a massive arse of it as well a they have with most if not everything they tried in Scotland 

Ah the old mantra ...I haven’t got an answer so I’ll just hurl insults , use the phrase SNP baaad again and move on to another topic . This despite the fact that a few posts earlier you defended the CoE then posted “Invented by Labour .....ha ha what an absolute fail “ when it was pointed out by scooter that it was a Labour idea ? What do you mean by this statement ? 

Also did Labour make a massive arse of “instigating “ the parliament at Holyrood ? 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I think the issue with CfE is not whether it is bad of good it is the dogged persistence with it by the current government.

All the indications so far are that it is not working and the people charged with delivering it have no confidence in it. So the question is what do you do?

Clearly the SNP either have great confidence in it for some reason nobody can see but them or they are just too pig-headed to admit it aint working. The longer they go on without any apparent need to explain the former the more people will conclude it is the latter.

This is literally all based on media SNP baaad stories.  Yet they ignore the independent commentators saying this working!

37 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Ah the old mantra ...I haven’t got an answer so I’ll just hurl insults , use the phrase SNP baaad again and move on to another topic . This despite the fact that a few posts earlier you defended the CoE then posted “Invented by Labour .....ha ha what an absolute fail “ when it was pointed out by scooter that it was a Labour idea ? What do you mean by this statement ? 

Also did Labour make a massive arse of “instigating “ the parliament at Holyrood ? 

Ah the old parliament of holyrood chestnut.  Amd yes they in fact did make an arse unfit, deliberately to try and stifle any one party winning a majority on order to prevent utter any unique voice for Scotland.  You know that you're just being facetious as usual.

I have also not anywhere supported the CfE I merely pointed out that independent observers without anu soon in the game have drawn entirely different conclusions to the british state media, and British state political parties.....  who would've thought that eh?

As for yourself, you've almost fell.over yourself trying to give the person halfwit what you call the benefit of the doubt to an extent where it appears your one of his cheerleaders.

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

This is literally all based on media SNP baaad stories.  Yet they ignore the independent commentators saying this working!

Err no. It has nothing whatever to do with the meeja, mainstream or otherwise. I am relying on anecdotal evidence from people I know who work in education. It's not about politics to them it is just their total disbelief in CfE. Introduced by Labour and now championed by the SNP.

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

Err no. It has nothing whatever to do with the meeja, mainstream or otherwise. I am relying on anecdotal evidence from people I know who work in education. It's not about politics to them it is just their total disbelief in CfE. Introduced by Labour and now championed by the SNP.

So perhaps both parties are wrong, or both right, perhaps its inherently flawed or the implementation has been flawed?

Personally as my kids are going through it I beleiev theres a mismatch between the SQA and School guidance and teaching which is part of the issue, but an eagerness to shout SNP baad at anything remotely negative by the media is not helping the confidence or results at all either.

Whether you p8oe it or not this is very political and is being used by the media in cahoots with the unionists as SNP baad.

3 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Ah the old parliament of holyrood chestnut.  Amd yes they in fact did make an arse unfit, deliberately to try and stifle any one party winning a majority on order to prevent utter any unique voice for Scotland.  You know that you're just being facetious as usual.

I have also not anywhere supported the CfE I merely pointed out that independent observers without anu soon in the game have drawn entirely different conclusions to the british state media, and British state political parties.....  who would've thought that eh?

As for yourself, you've almost fell.over yourself trying to give the person halfwit what you call the benefit of the doubt to an extent where it appears your one of his cheerleaders.

Who made an arse of the parliament ? Is  this the PR system the SNP agreed on ? The modified system that was designed at its inception to deliver a coalition type government with no one party in overall charge ? How did that work out for Labour ? Also I believe SNP were initially  against the STV system as they again thought it wouldn’t be beneficial in council elections , but look , it worked out in favour of the SNP . So it appears that the SNP didn’t do too bad out systems that they weren’t too fussed on , but yet you call this making an arse of it ? 

I’ll concede your second point though and as you say in the above post you’re going through it , but the overarching feeling is that the education system in Scotland  at the moment is failing and the media are reporting that . It seems that you don’t like any criticism of anything that your party are in control of . 

And I’d give the benefit of the doubt to any party in government , of any colour ,even yours . Pity you can’t reciprocate. 

19 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Who made an arse of the parliament ? Is  this the PR system the SNP agreed on ? The modified system that was designed at its inception to deliver a coalition type government with no one party in overall charge ? How did that work out for Labour ? Also I believe SNP were initially  against the STV system as they again thought it wouldn’t be beneficial in council elections , but look , it worked out in favour of the SNP . So it appears that the SNP didn’t do too bad out systems that they weren’t too fussed on , but yet you call this making an arse of it ? 

I’ll concede your second point though and as you say in the above post you’re going through it , but the overarching feeling is that the education system in Scotland  at the moment is failing and the media are reporting that . It seems that you don’t like any criticism of anything that your party are in control of . 

And I’d give the benefit of the doubt to any party in government , of any colour ,even yours . Pity you can’t reciprocate. 

Aye very good I bet you almost beleiev this piss?

I am not a member of the SNP  I support independence, and the SNP are the means to that end.  They are also barring the greens the ONLY ones actually standing up for Axotland against the constant abuse and attacks from your beloved imperial.masters.

19 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

You keep making this point, and it's all very admirable old bean.

But how can you, as a self confessed Labour voter,  give the "benefit of the doubt" to the Tory liars who are currently in charge at Westminster?

They aren't going to suddenly stop lying because they have power. There's no doubt that liars lie and they'll keep on lying, because they've found it such an effective tool.

Edited by Scooter

5 minutes ago, Scooter said:

But how can you, as a self confessed Labour voter,  give the "benefit of the doubt" to the Tory liars who are currently in charge at Westminster?

It would appear that many, many Labour supporters were indeed willing to give BoJo a truckload of benefit when it came to Brexit.

Benefit he really does not deserve.

42 minutes ago, Scooter said:

You keep making this point, and it's all very admirable old bean.

They aren't going to suddenly stop lying because they have power. There's no doubt that liars lie and they'll keep on lying, because they've found it such an effective tool.

So what has this govt done since December that you think they’ve lied about ? 

And can you be certain that any govt tells the truth ?
And I have been a labour voter in the past, but I suppose you could call me a floating voter , who I choose to vote for depends on the circumstances at the time of the election. 

Edited by Bonbon19

58 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

So what has this govt done since December that you think they’ve lied about ? 

And can you be certain that any govt tells the truth ?
And I have been a labour voter in the past, but I suppose you could call me a floating voter , who I choose to vote for depends on the circumstances at the time of the election. 

Since December? Not much of a window but how many do you want?

Johnson said he had an "oven-ready deal" when he didn't, then changed the contents of what he previously said was in said 'deal'.

And 'all governments lie' is a bit of faulty reasoning that doesn't help anyone.

Edited by Scooter

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

Since December? Not much of a window but how many do you want?

Johnson said he had an "oven-ready deal" when he didn't, then changed the contents of what he previously said was in said 'deal'.

And 'all governments lie' is a bit of faulty reasoning that doesn't help anyone.

I’ll give you he’s made an absolute dogs dinner of the Brexit deal but I don’t think any collection of MPs would have been able to deliver it competently , no matter their allegiances. 

The all governments lie is an accurate statement I’m not using it to deflect from this governments faults . The only thing faulty is your belief that everything a government says is the truth , even Beaker will concede that one . 

4 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

I’ll give you he’s made an absolute dogs dinner of the Brexit deal but I don’t think any collection of MPs would have been able to deliver it competently , no matter their allegiances. 

The all governments lie is an accurate statement I’m not using it to deflect from this governments faults . The only thing faulty is your belief that everything a government says is the truth , even Beaker will concede that one . 

Everything the current UK government says is Two faced spin, and I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could chuck the lot of them.

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

So you asked for a lie, I provided you with one and you come back defending it like an apologist would... unsurprising! They said it would be the easiest deal in human history, remember? There's another lie.

Could you also quote where I said everything a government says is the truth?

Edited by Scooter

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

So you asked for a lie, I provided you with one and you come back defending it like an apologist would... unsurprising! They said it would be the easiest deal in human history, remember? There's another lie.

Could you also quote where I said everything a government says is the truth?

I asked for a lie , you provided one , and I agreed . Didn’t apologise for it , that’s your interpretation .

You didn’t say governments tell the truth all the time but you did use the term faulty reasoning when I said all governments lie . 

Edited by Bonbon19

19 minutes ago, Killie71 said:

Yes, it doesn't read like an apology for the lie, more like an attempt to justify it.

That is all he has done all the way through two posts, giving it all the benefit of the doubt pish.

Then the usual interweb trawling from McLean to redirect from the whole thing.

Sad and an absolute show of supporting a WM policy designed to hit Scotland hardest.

24 minutes ago, Killie71 said:

Yes, it doesn't read like an apology for the lie, more like an attempt to justify it.

Why would I attempt to justify the lie when I voted remain ? 
I merely pointed out IMO  the Brexit conundrum will be very difficult to solve whether you voted for it or not .This govt and the previous one have grossly mishandled this . 

Edited by Bonbon19
Spelling