Man City given 2yr CL ban

chubbs

50 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Mo salah plays for Liverpool. Liverpool weren’t fined. Use a city’s players wages of under 10 million. Or are you struggling to find one? Check their reserves or their woman’s team. 

Getting Leroy Sané wage off the books pays half the ten million. Mendy, Ederson, Foden are all first team players on less than £5 million pa. I think we’d all agree they offer greater vfm than the ‘Ox’. 

41 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Maguire at fault tonight again, you love to see it. 

Robertson, Van Dijk, Matip, Gomez and Trent = £87 million. 

Maguire = £85 million.

ScoUsErS bOuGhT tHe LeAgUe.

The Scouse defence hasn’t looked up to much against top players. I’m thinking Atletico Madrid, Napoli, Chelsea, Watford and the reaming from City. 

9 hours ago, Zorro said:

Klopp has spent £425 million and brought in £353 million. Almost half of that was from Barcelona overpaying for one player. Bournemouth only paid £19 million for Solanke and Leicester paid £12.5 for Ward btw. 

Best Bit of Business Klopp did getting that money for Coutinio made them a better team with the resulting honours coming there way

1 minute ago, killie1961 said:

Best Bit of Business Klopp did getting that money for Coutinio made them a better team with the resulting honours coming there way

He got lucky. Someone else bought Coutinho for him and somebody else was stupid enough to pay way over the odds for him. If football is really interested in looking at financial irregularities that transfer would be a good place to start.

I do find it interesting that teams like Liverpool whinge about FFP, but basically rebuilt with money PSG put into circulation  

2 minutes ago, Zorro said:

He got lucky. Someone else bought Coutinho for him and somebody else was stupid enough to pay way over the odds for him. If football is really interested in looking at financial irregularities that transfer would be a good place to start.

I do find it interesting that teams like Liverpool whinge about FFP, but basically rebuilt with money PSG put into circulation  

Unlike the £85 million Rodgers squandered on duds with the suarez money

7 hours ago, killie1961 said:

The ones he bought with the £85 million LALLANA, Lovren ,ballotelli ,rickie lambert markovic., moreno  can was a good buy origi love the important goals he scored but wont improve the team

Lallana, lambert, Markovic, Can were all bought before Suarez was transferred. 

3 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

When it was inevitable Suarez was going. So they were bought in anticipation of the Suarez transfer fee.

Liverpool’s transfer spending for that season, did not deviate significantly from the previous season, until after the Suarez  transfer. Thanks for helping me highlight that point though. 

9 hours ago, Zorro said:

The Scouse defence hasn’t looked up to much against top players. I’m thinking Atletico Madrid, Napoli, Chelsea, Watford and the reaming from City. 

The reaming from city when the league was by? Imagine including that. 

Athletics was down to a goalkeeping error made by our keeper who cost sweet F all. 

You’re as fickle as they come. Clear agenda against Liverpool. 

Edited by Guff92

Is it possible to have a thread on here that doesn't digress into Guff92 talking utter cringeworthy nonsense about Liverpool? Or could that at least be kept to the EPL thread so that some can continue to avoid it for the most part? 

If anyone is still interested in the FFP case, again Martin Samuel has written a decent article on the nuances of the subject at hand in the Mail (sorry, I know!). Someone who in no way panders to Man City but at the same time doesn't simply toe the party line and mass produce the populist unresearched s**te that most of his colleagues put out. Honestly, it's worth a read.

5 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Is it possible to have a thread on here that doesn't digress into Guff92 talking utter cringeworthy nonsense about Liverpool? Or could that at least be kept to the EPL thread so that some can continue to avoid it for the most part? 

If anyone is still interested in the FFP case, again Martin Samuel has written a decent article on the nuances of the subject at hand in the Mail (sorry, I know!). Someone who in no way panders to Man City but at the same time doesn't simply toe the party line and mass produce the populist unresearched s**te that most of his colleagues put out. Honestly, it's worth a read.

I’m replying to the cringeworthy nonsense from other posters. And, it seems I’m not the only one. 

Did you support city before or after the takeover?

9 hours ago, Zorro said:

Also, Chelsea? Are you just making things up because your in denial of Liverpool having the best defence in Europe?

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

Also, Chelsea? Are you just making things up because your in denial of Liverpool having the best defence in Europe?

I’d be interesting to see which stats you’ve used to come out with the ridiculous claim Liverpool have the best defence in Europe. It certainly isn’t based on average goals conceded per game or even goals conceded. Is it some really bizarre interpretation where goals conceded by keepers bought by Klopp aren’t included in the total?

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

I’d be interesting to see which stats you’ve used to come out with the ridiculous claim Liverpool have the best defence in Europe. It certainly isn’t based on average goals conceded per game or even goals conceded. Is it some really bizarre interpretation where goals conceded by keepers bought by Klopp aren’t included in the total?

Probably the fact we have only lost 3 league games in two full league campaigns? 1 of which was a behind closed doors games against citeh when we have nothing to play for?  Dunno? Could be that?

Next question caller.

1 hour ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Great article. Sums it up nicely. It’s clear to any unbiased football fan that Rick Parry went out of his way to facilitate Liverpool finally winning the English Premier by distracting Man City. Liverpool’s title is tainted by his interference. 

2 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Great article. Sums it up nicely. It’s clear to any unbiased football fan that Rick Parry went out of his way to facilitate Liverpool finally winning the English Premier by distracting Man City. Liverpool’s title is tainted by his interference. 

Wow hahahahaha 

4 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Probably the fact we have only lost 3 league games in two full league campaigns? 1 of which was a behind closed doors games against citeh when we have nothing to play for?  Dunno? Could be that?

Next question caller.

Unless you won all these games without conceding, that doesn’t show you have the best defence. Celtic only lost two games. That’s a lower number. Do you see how this works?

Just now, Zorro said:

Unless you won all these games without conceding, that doesn’t show you have the best defence. Celtic only lost two games. That’s a lower number. Do you see how this works?

You canny have any pals. 

Even my man united supporting pal can applaud what Liverpool have done and watch in envy. Your just bitter and twisted. 

Bet you were in the null and void crew? 

1 minute ago, Guff92 said:

You canny have any pals. 

Even my man united supporting pal can applaud what Liverpool have done and watch in envy. Your just bitter and twisted. 

Bet you were in the null and void crew? 

For a Liverpool fan you don’t appear to know much about your club. I don’t even follow English football and have had to correct you numerous times. Btw Real Madrid have only lost three league games this season but crucially have conceded fewer goals than Liverpool too. They’ve also done it in a tougher leagues. 

For a Liverpool fan you don’t appear to know much about your club. I don’t even follow English football and have had to correct you numerous times. Btw Real Madrid have only lost three league games this season but crucially have conceded fewer goals than Liverpool too. They’ve also done it in a tougher leagues. 

La Liga is tougher than the prem now? 

Interesting take. 

5 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

La Liga is tougher than the prem now? 

Interesting take. 

From the year 2000 ten Champions Leagues have been won by Spanish clubs. No other country comes close. So it’s not just now, it’s over a sustained period of time. 

From the year 2000 ten Champions Leagues have been won by Spanish clubs. No other country comes close. So it’s not just now, it’s over a sustained period of time. 

So like last season, when 4 British clubs made up the CL and Europa league final? Like that do you mean?