Hibs Match Fred

C4mmy31

29 minutes ago, GCM said:

Cannot really compare McKenzie and Kiltie on todays game. Rory is there to give some protection to Hamalainen and also to drive forward, when Kiltie came on we had given up protecting Hamalainen and were solely looking for an equaliser, we were throwing caution to the wind so a totally different role. 

This. Playing two wingers in a 442 would leave us exposed in a way that playing McKenzie doesn't

29 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Totally disagree.

As soon as he came in he linked up well with O’Donnell. He got stuck into a massive challenge in the centre of the park; limped back to cover. He showed for the ball at every opportunity.

His shot at the end too, I think?

No way was he a passenger, in my opinion.

He lost out on two 50/50 challenges with Omeonga and had a pot shot he was never scoring with. That was about his total contribution. Connell would’ve been a better option. Why persist with Kiltie when he only has weeks left on his contract and he hasn’t shown enough to merit an extension?

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

He lost out on two 50/50 challenges with Omeonga and had a pot shot he was never scoring with. That was about his total contribution. Connell would’ve been a better option. Why persist with Kiltie when he only has weeks left on his contract and he hasn’t shown enough to merit an extension?

That pot shot was very close indeed.

11 minutes ago, Zorro said:

That's nonsense. Linked up the midfield and the forwards, kept in a few lost causes that led to attacks. Instead of making the simple pass he played people in a few times. Made a difference and should have been on earlier in that game. I think he's got a lot to offer

Nice to see the match thread broadly in agreement. Deserved a point. Frustrating day. 

I can't get the transfer window out of my head. Wonder if Dyer was making a point with Findlay and Broadfoot up top? It really is criminal. 

What's worse, the lack of an option is effecting what happens on the pitch. Both strikers looked tired today because we can't rest one. 

I think the obvious early change would have been Kiltie for one of the strikers, but we then don't have a striker to bring on later on, so I can understand why Dyer waited... 

Docherty would transform us. Exactly what we needed. 

Agree with the Brophy frustration. Hope the coaches spend the next few days working on combining the strikers. Twice he could have played Kabamba in and wasted it today. 

But play like that and we will be absolutely fine until the end of the season. Just one of those days. 

Edited by mitch14

19 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Absolute nonsense as per from you. 

18 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Some delicious balls played in today. 

A Kris Boyd type striker would have got on the scoresheet at least once from them. 

The one Kabamba holds up and puts across the goal big Boyd is already standing there to knock it in.

In the replay on BT sport you can see it's an afterthought from Brophy. But Brophy and Boydy are totally different players

1 hour ago, GCM said:

Cannot really compare McKenzie and Kiltie on todays game. Rory is there to give some protection to Hamalainen and also to drive forward, when Kiltie came on we had given up protecting Hamalainen and were solely looking for an equaliser, we were throwing caution to the wind so a totally different role. 

Rory and Niko are the weakest link. 

Disappointing result today although performance was good.

Too much reliance on our top team leaves us struggling with so many games over a short period. It wasn't obvious, but some of our players must be tiring and the lack of additional players over the window may be about to take its toll.

Having said that, whilst wanting to win today and next Wednesday, I would rather lose today and progress in the cup.  That way, we can continue the cup run AND still be in with a chance to get a top six place.

Hope to get a mighty effort and kill Aberdeen's season, but it's a tough task.

The players deserves a bit of good fortune -- they certainly got none today.

19 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

Hibs midfield bossed Dicker and Power today, the 1st team to do so. Hibs had done their homework and effectively stopped the pair linking up time and time again.

Thought this was more the case in the first half. Second half we got more of a grip on it. Stopped Allan having the freedom and more on the front foot in that area. 

10 minutes ago, Steppskillie said:

We could do with a midfield player apart from Burke who might at least try a shot from the edge of the box now and again. 

Looking at Hibs team they had a threat from deep in Allan and Docherty. We have very little threat in open play from anyone other than the two strikers and Burke. Occasionally others will pop up with something but nowhere near regularly enough. This of course isn’t a new thing. Probably been the case since Stewart left the club.

1 minute ago, zinger said:

Too much reliance on our top team leaves us struggling with so many games over a short period. It wasn't obvious, but some of our players must be tiring and the lack of additional players over the window may be about to take its toll.

Having said that, whilst wanting to win today and next Wednesday, I would rather lose today and progress in the cup.  That way, we can continue the cup run AND still be in with a chance to get a top six place.

Hear Hear, bye the way big Rasic was watching on today, been here all week!

5 minutes ago, zinger said:

apart from the burke goal