Hibs Match Fred

C4mmy31

22 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

OK can anyone justify the red down marks?

I thought they both had decent games their main threat was Boyle and on the whole I thought Niko did ok against a player who is capable of destroying defences.  Rory put in a decent shift as usual but he will always have some on here putting him down. 

9 hours ago, CDM1992 said:

Think we are a competent keeper and solid left back away from being a really solid side and I don’t think we can take too many negatives away from today. Big big game on Wednesday now, especially with a Saturday night out in Motherwell* the incentive!

*probably motherwell

Both played well yesterday. It's a creative midfielder we need more than anything.

Just wasn't to be yesterday. Thought it was pretty even first half. Their First Goal was like the goal Jones scored against them in Sir Steve's first season. That was fair enough. The goal keeper was pathetic for their second. Overall we should have had a penalty but such is life. We deserved a point but as has been said the time was going to come when we would need something extra out with our first 11. Only real option we have is Kiltie in an attacking sense. The boys as Derek Ferguson and his band of Sportsound Merry Men would say 'worked their socks off' but we couldn't get a break with them defending with about 7 men in the box. They also broke very well. Good effort all round and onto the next game. 

Thought yesterday was an entertaining game. On another day we put 3 or 4 past other opponents. 

Kabamba was less effective than he has been in previous weeks but he is allowing Brophy to play with more freedom. Brophy looks as hungry as ever. If im being overly critical SOD could maybe get to Docherty quicker, but its still a great strike. Burke took his goal well and just seems to continue this great form he is on. Power was everywhere but between him and Dicker i wish they have a pop at goal every now and again - couple of times we had a chance to have a strike but didnt take it. 

Hibs second highlights the fragility at the back when you have little confidence in your keeper. Koprovic doesn't command his box and i think it shows. 

Overall a point would have been a fair reflection on the game. Top 6 might be a struggle now but since Christmas performances have certainly improved. 

I’ve not seen the highlights yet but I can’t believe the criticism of the keeper yesterday. Thought he done everything asked of him. 2nd goal was a tad unlucky all round although we should defend it better. 
I’m really critical of Dicker at the moment. He looks lost and his positioning up until he got booked was suspect. After that, like Wednesday he got his act together and was decent for last 20 minutes. 
Kiltie did well when he came on added much needed creativity. Squad depth killing us. 

As for the game, just one of those days.

We 100% need a proper keeper and left back though. Keepers distribution is terrible, so many chances to release the ball early and he never does it.  He gives me the fear every time the ball goes near him.

Niko had a good start to his career at RP but had regressed massively. He really needs to be braver too, so many times he goes in half hearted to tackles/ 1 on 1's and rarely comes out top.

Thought Kiltie was superb when he came on, I'd be temped to start him on Wednesday or at least on sunday.

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As for the game, just one of those days.

We 100% need a proper keeper and left back though. Keepers distribution is terrible, so many chances to release the ball early and he never does it.  He gives me the fear every time the ball goes near him.

Niko had a good start to his career at RP but had regressed massively. He really needs to be braver too, so many times he goes in half hearted to tackles/ 1 on 1's and rarely comes out top.

Thought Kiltie was superb when he came on, I'd be temped to start him on Wednesday or at least on sunday.

100%  my thoughts 

Never seen so many dangerous crosses from us. Burke and SOD's delivery in past few weeks has been superb, low and high crosses begging to just be nodded in. Only guy to gamble was Kiltie and very nearly snuck a goal. Can;t believe in that wind we didn't have more efforts from distance, could've went anywhere.

Had enough of Koprevic, absolutely no excuse to let that second goal in. Deflection or no. Branescu would've saved it purely because of his height. 

Hibs were the better team in the 1st half and we were the better team in the 2nd........ difference between the teams was the quality of hibs attack minded players to ours..... probably a draw would have been a fairer result but, as has been said repeatedly on these forums this season, our squad lacks the depth and quality required to compete at the top end of the table currently.

Hibs had greater goalscoring options than we had, particularly in midfield. "Fairer" doesn't come into it if you can't put the ball in the net. Kabamba certainly gives us options in the air and can head the ball on for Brophy, but so far we haven't seen much sign that he can score goals with his feet. Unless Rasic is seriously unfit I would bring him in, because at the moment we are holding our breath every time that Brophy receives a heavy tackle. 

Like everyone else I have called out for a creative midfielder...which we still do need. But one area that we are weak in is shooting from outside the box. Yes Burke does that as a wide player but Mckenzie, Dicker and Power are weak in taking a shot on from outside the box.

Other reams have figured us out in this regard and expect us to pass, keep possession, instead of shooting when the chance comes.

Our team can normally defend, we had good pressure on Hibs yesterday..but we are predictable with ball just outside the 18yard line. Even just taking the shot on yesterday, get it on target would have created problems.

Our reluctance for Power, Dicker especially to take a shot, maybe has something to do with Brophy not holding/laying back the ball, instead of trying to shoot himself always.. Or maybe he is a gready bam... A bit of both I suspect

Edited by drmurray