Hibs Match Fred

C4mmy31

Know what I noticed more when I watched the highlights this morning which disappointed me slightly, our first goal Niko drives the ball across goal, then mckenzie has a go and bounces luckily for Burke.

Both Kabamba and Brophy are standing 15 yards from goal. Weve scored on this occasion but surely one of them need to be 6-8 yards out in these kind of moments?

There’s something fundamentally wrong when Livingston, St Mirren & Ross County all have bigger squads than we do. I don’t mean better players, but at least experience to rotate the first eleven and give the main men a rest occasionally. We played like a team slightly off the pace first half but gave 100% and second half dominated the ball and the chances. One of those days unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, casual observer said:

There’s something fundamentally wrong when Livingston, St Mirren & Ross County all have bigger squads than we do. I don’t mean better players, but at least experience to rotate the first eleven and give the main men a rest occasionally. We played like a team slightly off the pace first half but gave 100% and second half dominated the ball and the chances. One of those days unfortunately. 

We will be paying considerably higher wages to our starting 11 than those three.

Likes of Burke, Findlay, SOD, Power, Dicker, Burke etc will be on more money I'd imagine than anyone at any of those three clubs. All signed new improved contracts whilst Killie players.

So it’s acceptable to have a first team squad of 15 bulked out with academy lads and loan players as far away from the first team as me? 

This isn’t on the back of yesterday’s performance by the way. We certainly deserved a point if not all 3, and the application and determination was there for all of us to see. But it’s just not credible to ask the same guys (many of whom are over 30 now) to play every 3-4 days, week after week and expect high levels of performance. We had a bigger squad on a lower budget in last two seasons so why are we not getting in 2 or 3 free agents to help us, since we f**ked up yet another transfer window?  

1 hour ago, Garvis said:

I think with better officials the forth included we would have got something from the game, how the linesman, the ref and the forth official missed Del Fab's penalty claim i'll never know. They were all stealing money last night because they definitely didn't do their jobs. 

We've had a lot of breaks decision wise lately. 

Looked like Aberdeen should have had a penalty against us. 

We got a penalty at Perth that should have been a free kick. 

Yesterday was just one of those days and after stealing a point at Easter Road Hibs were due some luck against us. 

Have to take the rough with the smooth unfortunately. 

Let's hope Lady Luck is with us on Wednesday night as we are long overdue to beat that lot in the cup. 

3 hours ago, casual observer said:

So it’s acceptable to have a first team squad of 15 bulked out with academy lads and loan players as far away from the first team as me? 

This isn’t on the back of yesterday’s performance by the way. We certainly deserved a point if not all 3, and the application and determination was there for all of us to see. But it’s just not credible to ask the same guys (many of whom are over 30 now) to play every 3-4 days, week after week and expect high levels of performance. We had a bigger squad on a lower budget in last two seasons so why are we not getting in 2 or 3 free agents to help us, since we f**ked up yet another transfer window?  

What's the point of bringing free agents in just now if they aren't going to improve the squad? I'd rather see Connell or Millen get a game for example.

3 hours ago, casual observer said:

since we f**ked up yet another transfer window?  

Is that it official now, we f**ked up the transfer window? How many other teams have f**ked up their transfer window in the eyes of their fans I wonder? I think that getting Kabamba in alone was at least a good result, I see plenty of teams that have brought in no one of any significance or that will enhance their team. It wasn't a great transfer window in terms of numbers and us having a small squad, but in hindsight (great thing) we didn't totally f**k things up, we just did our only decent business early.

10 minutes ago, Monty97 said:

Is that it official now, we f**ked up the transfer window? How many other teams have f**ked up their transfer window in the eyes of their fans I wonder? I think that getting Kabamba in alone was at least a good result, I see plenty of teams that have brought in no one of any significance or that will enhance their team. It wasn't a great transfer window in terms of numbers and us having a small squad, but in hindsight (great thing) we didn't totally f**k things up, we just did our only decent business early.

I think saying we f**ked it is reasonable. We knew what we needed before the window and we didn’t come out the other side with that. We are down on numbers compared with December and that could come into play.

The business done early line is something Cathy spouted but isn’t completely true. It took us 2+ weeks to get anything done and the Kabamba deal was a bit rushed over a three day period.

15 minutes ago, Monty97 said:

We needed a great transfer window and didn’t achieve that. Kabamba on early evidence is a really good signing, Broadfoot replaces Bruce, Bunn replaces Millar. Hardly bulking up an already threadbare squad. Wilson & DT out, Kiltie & the injured duo of Frizzell & McFonald back none of whom are starters.

Let’s not rewrite history by now saying it was a successful window - when 99% of us were expecting and posting the need for more players and not just replacement players. 

2 minutes ago, casual observer said:

We needed a great transfer window and didn’t achieve that. Kabamba on early evidence is a really good signing, Broadfoot replaces Bruce, Bunn replaces Millar. Hardly bulking up an already threadbare squad. Wilson & DT out, Kiltie & the injured duo of Frizzell & McFonald back none of whom are starters.

And Waters could have been brought back to put pressure on Hamalainen, something Hendrie doesn't seem to be doing, and to weaken a potential rival.

23 hours ago, drmurray said:

Like everyone else I have called out for a creative midfielder...which we still do need. But one area that we are weak in is shooting from outside the box. Yes Burke does that as a wide player but Mckenzie, Dicker and Power are weak in taking a shot on from outside the box.

Other reams have figured us out in this regard and expect us to pass, keep possession, instead of shooting when the chance comes.

Our team can normally defend, we had good pressure on Hibs yesterday..but we are predictable with ball just outside the 18yard line. Even just taking the shot on yesterday, get it on target would have created problems.

Our reluctance for Power, Dicker especially to take a shot, maybe has something to do with Brophy not holding/laying back the ball, instead of trying to shoot himself always.. Or maybe he is a gready bam... A bit of both I suspect

All good strikers are greedy bams tho!! After watching him try to make a couple of passes on Sunday, I reckon he’d be best just sticking to having a pop at goal. Defo agree with you tho, the lack of efforts from outside the box is something that will have to be addressed or even worked on, on the training ground ?

19 hours ago, Monty97 said:

Sorry, I disagree with that.

Kambama was a good signing but we're left with two diddies in goals and massively short on the bench. We are relying on a 36 year old to be our playmaker.

Dress it up how you want, the transfer window was nothing like decent.

Yes we signed Bunn (remember him?) and Kamamba but one look at the bench will show how decent our window was.

CJ or whoever insinuating otherwise is insulting the intelligence of the fans. We were caught out in both windows this year and we can't blame agents for that. Works both ways.

There is no way we should have been releasing first team squad players like Wilson and Thomas until we had replacements lined  up as we were short as it was.

If Power/Dicker get injured/suspended then we are up s**t creek without a paddle.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Don’t see how we can view the last 2 windows as anything other than disappointing. The interview with Fowler seems to underline the club felt this too.

Seemed a bit of naivety on our part particularly the way the Tshibola non transfer was described (which I suspect was the reason Wilson was allowed to go) 

Hoping that lessons are being learned and mistakes aren’t repeated in the summer, don’t have the option to sit back till the latter stages of the window this time round so targets will need to have been identified and brought in as early as possible in the window. 

Not sure I buy into the theory that we shouldn’t take free agents on now that are available but possibly not fit or not likely to feature for the first team this season either. IMO we should still look to bring them in now and get as much time as possible with the squad, money should be there for wages given reduced squad and increased budget.