Hibs Match Fred

C4mmy31

Totally robbed,by a team who were content to sit in for 80% of the game and pretty much pull their whole team into box and rely on winning headers and blocking shots.

Should certainly have had at least one pen.Brilliant save from Marciano right at the end from Kiltie as well 

The effort our players have put in in the last few days has been outstanding,never stopped running in that 2nd half,same as Wednesday.

If anyone had said 3pts out of 6 v Rangers and Hibs beforehand,would probably have taken it.

Shows again how thin the squad is though..other than Kiltie who is realistically going to come off the bench? Now relying on the same 11 every game (plus Branescu)..with literally no other striker in the squad.

Looks like we need to hope there’s something that Bunn can add as another option perhaps? With Kiltie as the only other attacking option we’re seriously short of choices beyond tonight’s starting eleven, which is clearly our best possible team. 

Dropping Mackenzie for Kiltie seems unlikely. Rory puts in the work to give Niko a bit of extra cover. 

Edited by Travis

Just now, muza1962 said:

Don't think so. I take it this thread is going to be another Rory love in? I must be watching a different game from everyone else.

Our left side is clearly not as strong as our right side, and it would be nonsense to suggest otherwise. Both SOD and Burke are miles better than Niko and Mackenzie. 

That said, we do not have better options for either of those left-side positions and they’re both worthy of their place in the team. Rory isn’t, and never will be, one of the best players we’ve ever had. But he works his arse off every game and that’s worth a hell of a lot. I respect him for that. He never hides. 

Thought we did well.  Put in a tonne of good crosses and not one ball fell out way all evening.  The only criticism I’d have is that our two strikers aren’t quite gelling as well as they could be yet- have seen better interplay from them in games- they seemed a little disjointed tonight.

A draw was the deserved result.  I think we can catch Livi who must surely start dropping points.

Tough week ahead.  Lots of positives there and glad to see the crowd remain with the team.

1 minute ago, virtuocity said:

I think we can catch Livi who must surely start dropping points.

I can see us v Livi in the last game being a top 6 shoot out.

We have Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell, Livi in the last 4. Next two games are huge for us but if we can keep in touch it's more than achievable if we continue to play the way we are.

4 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Rory against rangers is the best I’ve seen him. Started well today but went back to his usual self. Fact of the matter is, Kiltie continues to impress coming off the bench and needs to start. Dropping Burke isn’t an option so, sorry Rory, time for the bench.

Is that a fact though? It's not really.