Brophy

LH31

7 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

To be fair when he was up there on his own there usually wasn't an option. If I was Kabamba I'd be frustrated with him and if he hasn't already manager needs to have a word. 

Even worse was the lack of anticipation both shared at umpteen crosses. Rory guilty of that too. Chris Burke showed how it's done. 

This is a good point. Brophy is still a young player, and is now in the early stages of learning how to play with a strike partner after years of being 50 yards from anyone in a Killie strip. It’ll take time but shows promise. And irrespective of anything else I absolutely love Brophy’s attitude. 

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

This is a good point. Brophy is still a young player, and is now in the early stages of learning how to play with a strike partner after years of being 50 yards from anyone in a Killie strip. It’ll take time but shows promise. And irrespective of anything else I absolutely love Brophy’s attitude. 

Brophy is 24 next month not exactly a young player in this day and age.

Aside from one I thought he had every right to take his shots on today. You’ve got to by a ticket to win the raffle. People around me moaning when he took one on with his left when he had a clear sight. No striker on the planet is passing that weak foot or not. He’s on a decent run of goals so obviously he’s looking to shoot. 

We couldn’t get one bit of luck today and had a stone wall penalty turned away in closing moments ( as per Sportsound) , every one of those players deserve a medal for their excerpts in the past two games, with just a wee break we would have come away with 4 points from Rangers and Hibs. Bring on the Sheep! 

59 minutes ago, LH31 said:

Brophy plays for himself and not the team. 

Discuss? 

He plays for the team and at times he's greedy when he shouldn't be and other times he's greedy when he's got every right to be. 

Brophy would get a game for every club in the country with the exception of two. To that extent we're lucky to have him, plenty of time for him to improve his decision making. 

53 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Jesus Christ. One loss and these s**te posts are back. 

What the f**k does that even mean? Was he just playing for himself when he got the goal for us to beat the huns aye?

Im not sure you understand the question judging by your response. 

Brophy has proved time and time again he is a team player ...his work rate especially when playing that sole striker role in so many games was a credit to the player ...so original post is very strange 

He does however still need to improve on areas of his attacking game especially learning different ways to score such as his movement in the box when crosses coming in......and to at times be more aware of others 

3 hours ago, GrazyKillie said:

He scored an absolute topper against the huns in midweek because he is selfish. You can’t have it both ways. 
Brophy does some amount of running and puts a massive amount of effort in. If he didn’t care about the team he wouldn’t do that. Wise up 

He scored a topper because his strike partner flicked the ball on for him to have the opportunity. If his strike partner had selfishly chosen to retain the ball or attempted to score with an overhead kick, we wouldn’t have scored the winner. However nobody is having a go at Brophy for taking on chances like the one against rangers. He was in a good position with no support with a better opportunity. That wasn’t always the case today though. Fine margins will define this season for us. We cannot afford to squander chances to satisfy any players ego. 

Edited by Zorro