Freddie Woodman

Ngonge88

I’ve watched quite a lot of Swansea games this season. He started the season well IMO but he hasn’t looked as good recently. Part of this seems down to a dip in form on his part as he’s conceded a few he really shouldn’t. It’s also got a lot to do with personnel and the way Swans have been playing. At times he’s had kids making up the back four in front of him and offering very little protection. Swansea have also been playing a very wide open game. The match on Friday night neither team looked interested in defending.

I always wonder if going back to Newcastle halted his development. Would he have been better staying at us for another years 1st team football then go back or move to a level like the Championship from there. He’s wasted too much time sitting in the stand at Newcastle for me. He should have been. Playing regular competitive football at some level. 

It's interesting (to me, anyway!) that Woodman and Gunn, who looked like potential future England keepers two years ago, have dropped out of the reckoning while the likes of Aaron Ramsdale at Bournemouth and Dean Henderson (Man Utd/ Sheff Utd) have emerged, and Nick Pope has developed late to challenge Pickford.

Unlike Woodman, Gunn kept himself in first-team action with Norwich but his move to Southampton hasn't really worked out so far.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:06 AM, skygod said:

It's interesting (to me, anyway!) that Woodman and Gunn, who looked like potential future England keepers two years ago, have dropped out of the reckoning while the likes of Aaron Ramsdale at Bournemouth and Dean Henderson (Man Utd/ Sheff Utd) have emerged, and Nick Pope has developed late to challenge Pickford.

Unlike Woodman, Gunn kept himself in first-team action with Norwich but his move to Southampton hasn't really worked out so far.

Pickford is a god awful goalkeeper and the fact he's considered England's No1 is shocking.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, skygod said:

Had a 'mare today against Bristol City, conceding a goal direct from a corner and having a kick charged down for another.

Can happen to any keeper. Thought Woodman was the best we would see in a long time, untill Bachmann came along. Will have a good career in English Championship or lower Premier League.